Help Me Solo This NM / Battle Guys!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Help me Solo this NM / Battle guys!
Help me Solo this NM / Battle guys!
By Sandmaster 2015-10-01 01:03:26  
I wanted help and advice solo-ing on NIN, I think EVA tanking could be making a return to an extent and with Trusts getting ever umm 'wiser', like Apururu(UC) and Sylvie(UC) for example now running 'out of range' and some mass EVA+ being released in positions that han't seen +EVA like that before I justthink well, help and advice could be asked hear - a list of gear is needed and an idea on your trusts so I'll start:

I would like to solo Promathia on Normal using the only job I have out of the 4 I play that can solo due to its ability to reach high levels of +EVA. I noticed I was getting a good EVA rate on Lord Ruthven and that is current 119contnt so:

TP Gear for a hybrid +EVA/DD set:

Katana's : Raicho+1 +37EVA, Izuna STR/AGL/DA+/acc&att+10 +22
(Izuna is just a PH for a better one at a very cheap cost getting AUG's - would -MDT be better then +DA?

Head: Rawhide Mask with HP/ACC/EVA route
Body: Relic+1 emph+1 (or Taeon acc/att+15 TA+2 critdmg+2%
Hand: Has to be Hattori Gekko+1, I just hate taking my only Adhemar off)
legs: Hattori Hakama +1 (lots off ACC & +14% Counter to Yonin) also notably high MEVA.
feet: Taeon ATT+25/TA+2/STR/DEX+7
Neck: Twilight torque or just stick with att+8STP+3DA+2 as this is +EVA/DD not -DT5% until I get Warder ofHope's torque
Ear one: Brutal (SJ will be /DNC for Eva bonus and Acc bonus along with its other beneficial choices)
Ear2: Infused earring (AGL+4 EVA+10 Regen+1) amazing but would obviously love 'Eabani earring'.
Ring one: Rajas (already have over 10DA/TA in the set)
Ring 2: Vengeful ring (made for NIN HP+20 EVA+9 MEVA+9 Enmity+3) its in my +enmity /equipset
Back: Yokaze Mantle
Waist: That one from 119 WoE AGL+10 EVA+10 and Resist Grav I tihnk

Is there any +EVA food (with some +acc or +acc) food, or just +EVA/MEVA?

I use Relic+1, Magoraga beads for Utsusemi casting time -20%, I'm really going after the Aizushintogo Katana for itsamazing +DMG, nice+eva and another -7% Utsusemi casting time totoaling -27% but im at -20% right now.
I'm 15/15 JP's in Ninjitsu Casting time -15%
Half way through Yonin but I realise how the +30EVA you get from 15/15 is massive

What trusts other then (Apu UC) could put Cherukki in there for additioan haster/curer? Koru and Ulmis don't shine to much here. The important ones I do not have are SR NPC's (I havnt finished the mission's yet), Arciela maybe some other bet that what springs to mind. Apparantly Seltheus is good in this fight for the SP he uses (I forget and what it does but he was there at 75 so should be again at 119).

I'd be happy having a 'Normal' Difficualty setup that works I'm not online but I'd gues that puts me at around 970-980 EVA - it would make sence that it wouldbe enough but difficualt to know until I try it later - just thought I'd ask some alround advice forthe fight before I started farming Dawn on Normal.

Thank you guys!
By geigei 2015-10-01 03:18:22  
I think eva is bad, you need a fast kill and longer you take more chances to wipe, i did it as thf, as rng and as blm. All close fights on N.
By Sandmaster 2015-10-01 10:34:32  
I did it with Nin twice in DD mode and both were quick fights, but I know there is a heck of a difference between DD nin and Tanking/solo nin. Whats the usual chance of getting anything on Easy?

I never bothered with the HTMB's with exception to AA's to get into the ally fight.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-01 12:50:11  
Considering most of the damage Promathia deals is dark based magic (except his regular melee attacks), you might want to try the following:

- Wear gear with a bit more MDT/magic evasion instead of evasion. Your options might be limited since you're lacking progress in Adoulin, or if you've had no luck with KB, but there are also Dark Rings, Yacuruna Rings, and Shadow Ring.
- Summon Amchuchu if you have her (for strong dark damage reduction/Fast Cast)
- Sub RUN for a slight boost to dark resistance, MDB, and parrying
- Keep either Ulmia or Sylvie (assuming she uses Indi-Haste if you're NIN), since you'll want to cap magic haste. Haste 2 from Koru-More isn't enough to cap.

Side note, Lord Ruthven is definitely not 119, more like 90ish.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-10-01 14:08:44  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
- Keep either Ulmia or Sylvie (assuming she uses Indi-Haste if you're NIN), since you'll want to cap magic haste. Haste 2 from Koru-More isn't enough to cap.

Worth mentioning that for NIN, if you're getting Haste II you need DW+23% (actually 22.something) in gear to hit delay reduction cap. With one trust march (say you used Joachim to also take advantage of his -na spells), NIN needs just DW+12% (actually 11.something).

For this application I'd agree to keep capped magic haste though, since it also helps your Utsusemi recast, so I'd do Ulmia (no Sylvie for me, Apururu 4-ever).

Speaking of Koru-Moru... people often discount his enfeebles, which are REALLY helpful in a lot of solo fights. Dia III, Slow II, and Distract II are really good. I tend to also prefer Koru to Arciela since he won't melee, and his enfeebles are better (Arciela gets Para II and Addle, but no Dia III and Distract II), and he'll Phalanx II and cure (via spell, not JA).

Agree with other comments than focusing on an evasion build is sort of a bad idea though. Especially with Utsusemi: San extra shadow, extra timer, and ridiculous casting speed - you should just be doing damage and letting your shadows take physical hits instead of gearing for evasion. Kill it before you get rocked by a huge AoE that can't be evaded, the stuff that physical evasion nullifies is just not your concern in this fight.
By Sandmaster 2015-10-02 06:46:28  
Quote:
Side note, Lord Ruthven is definitely not 119, more like 90ish.

Yeah , Definately got Vampr's mixed up there. It was Sara Saranavic I meant who seemed to miss more then I expected in my TP gear.

Quote:
Speaking of Koru-Moru... people often discount his enfeebles, which are REALLY helpful in a lot of solo fights. Dia III, Slow II, and Distract II are really good. I tend to also prefer Koru to Arciela since he won't melee, and his enfeebles are better (Arciela gets Para II and Addle, but no Dia III and Distract II), and he'll Phalanx II and cure (via spell, not JA).

I agree completely with your comments regarding Koru. Being a programmed Character, he play's pretty much how I'd be happy with any RDM playing. Another thing if a mob uses a self-buff TP move Koru will have Dispel casting as soon as the TP move goes off. I very much like how he gages whether to cast DistractII or DiaIII, and finally on the occasion Apu cast's haste on me if Koru is busy, I can happily cancel it so Koru can start casting HasteII.

Thank you very-much for the Exact Haste/DW Values, I used to enjoy in-game math and showing ppl why each % of haste above 60% is good, but how above 70% its amazing and why DNC's HasteII was so special in a meripo but I'm 32 now and due to not using math other than basic arithmatic for so many years I just take ppl's word for it if there is an equation of math on a web page to back up their claim etc.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-02 07:17:19  
- Summon Amchuchu if you have her (for strong dark damage reduction/Fast Cast)

Just to clarify on Amchuchu. He is now avaliable, to be purchased in Eastern Adoulin, using Bayld from a Peacekeeper NPC (Mithra) for 2k Bayld.
By Zeak 2015-10-02 07:25:47  

Sylvie does indeed Indi-Haste NIN main, as well as Haste, Cures and -nas all party members. From my observation, Sylvie's bubbles are about capped potency without Dunna/Idris, so her Haste bubble should be 30%. With that and Haste 1 from her, you have capped Magic haste, meaning you can pretty much go with minimal DW sets. She's pretty nice to have in that she can replace both BRD Trust and Koru/King/Arciela if accuracy/enfeebles aren't needed (Although, King and Arciela will Refresh II you if you are /RUN, which is great for Flash). The only downside to using Sylvie on NIN is that she entrusts Indi-Regen for some reason. I mean, the whole point of shadows is to entirely mitigate damage while maintaining an full-offensive presence; I'd think NIN would be much better off with Fury, Fraility or hell, even Vex.

Back on topic, I'd have to agree with others that your biggest asset in this fight is dealing damage. When I did this on NIN, I often wore as much TA gear as possible and /RUN for Lux and Swipe/Lunge MB. Shadows rarely fell, but Kamu > Shun does make pretty short work of him. His second phase can be a huge middle finger, though, as he can back-to-back Silence/Amnesia and constantly put up his physical shield. Echo Drops are required, but even that's not enough to stop his shenanigans. If Trust start falling, NIN is in a real bad position, as your only way of making a comeback is to go straight for the kill. I've since changed to RUN/NIN for Normal solo, to protect my Trust from his AoE damage, but NIN is still workable. Trust selection can make or break the fight, though: Sylvie and Apururu are solid UC choices, Selh and Arciela can save the day with AoE Heals when your healers are silenced, Amchuchu will give you 50% Fast Cast and damage mitigation, and Big Papa Bones Ullegore is pretty on-point with Stuns. Not to mention his massive HP/MP pool keeps him in the fight longer.

Although, let's be honest here: with the horrid drop rates in this battlefield, you'll eventually wanna go THF main anyway...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Sandmaster 2015-11-15 02:49:36  
Last post was over a month ago, and Promathia now is one of the easy solo's imo, but I've done a good 20goes on Normal. Only 2 things left to drop are the .... Body & legs lol.

I go as the sole source of DMG with Promathia facing me. I have around 1200 att, next is Selh'teus because he is superb with his (I think Rejuvination?) tp move because he seems to use it straight after a fairly bad AOE, otherwise I'm not 100% on what makes him use Luminous lance and revelation, maybe to close SC's if he has over 2K TP.
Next is the RDM Duo King & Koru, initially I onbiously wanted Kings DiaIII as you have to have pretty much capped acc for Koru to use it over Distract2 (I didn't have Arceila or II when I picked) but I just though additional help keeping us all haste2 & Refresh2, Then Koru for Dispel (I can't reemmber if King has it on not even now) but Koru also has Cure IV.
Finally the Whm's, Apu who is just sensational, she performs better then 95% of whm's I know. She has Doom removed in less then a second, then I see it appear in my log <,<. Then finally Kupipi just because shes also very fast on clearing debuffs.

Battle's last between 8-14min's on normal. First form is a joke, drops in 3-4mins, if you ko on the second form Promathia does regen but the first form is still done with.

I use Haste Samba and It looks like i'm capped on delay speed. DW I use is 5% katana, 5% Patentia Sash, 5% Suppa 4% Taeon (will be 3% as i'm not going to bed tomorrow until Rawhide Boots drop, 0/8 just now - I'm not sure whether to make them high acc or Naga Kayan, one of them has include Eva+20 for my eva set) 19% DW. I do fiddle with relic body as its a nice chunk of DW with solid stats.

I have come to realise at presant and in Apu's Unity I will only be having Haste2 as magic haste. I always try to make sure I'm capped on Subtle Blow which at presant requires me to use Myoshu. I then use Kakka. I have never had a need to use Gekka as Yonin and Trux earring have been enough, then Kuruyami:Ni/Ichi if you need to grab the mob back after having your hate shed or a bad start etc.

I decided to have a go on 'One to be Feared'. Same setup because it works perfect for me on Promathia. Omega is a *** and a Pain in the ***. I pull him with Aisha because he hits like a truck, run round and circle back on myself to spread the NPC's out behind me. Its easy to stick the Hojo & Yurin on Omega and Ultima also. Its that 'absorb' move that strenghterns him, and you can gt in mess occasionally with his add-effect Stun on his melee swings that lasts for 10secs (Sehl & both healers are worded very hard if you make a couple of mistakes). I've messed around a little with setup's, I've had Ulmia on 2 run's to keep the recast on San and Ni down. Utsu Ni's is super fast tbf now with Job points and gear.

I have probably been lucky, but I have fought 7 times, won 4 times, had drops 3 times Body, H2H, then couple day ago the earring. I don't want the shield or neck so kinda lucky? I would like the Terminal headpiece though so it might mean doing it again. One thing worth noting, is Omega doesn't regain his HP other than the auto-regen he has. I presume Ultima would be the same but Ultima is a breath of fresh air after Omega. >>> Migawari <<< second most important Ninjutsu to Utsusemi in 'The One to be Feared'.

I don't get to play that often due to being at my gf's house duringthe week so I make goof use of wkends. I've been non-stop CP-ing, thinking how nice a Kanagi will be with its DMG boost and +40AGL on it, then chilled out moving onto Esha Zitah T1's.

For Escha so far I've let Apu and Amachu with back up cure's from Selht's TP move, Nott, and whoever hold the ground so I can really go to town from behind, kee[ing me out the way of frontal TP moves. So far I've killed Vyala with ease 4 times, and Cunnast 8 times, of which Amachu did ko once so I just took over, I was /Thf but got thro it fine.

Theres many ways to skin a cat anyway but I have been having stupid amounts of fun on Nin solo the past couple of weeks.

I did wantto ask if there are any T3 NM's that could be recomended for a PLD WHM GEO GEO NIN THF team to have a go at?
[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-11-15 21:44:47  
Soo, I know everyone busy with Nov update and this is all 'out of date' content but..

Arceila II is excellant, by the last 30% of Promathia's second form it is crippled with SlowII, PAraII, Addle and she Keeps HasteII on you (and my thf friend who came today).

Selh, Arceila, <anything - friend?>, Apu, Kuipi works perfect for this and Omega/Ultima.