言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Sanity Check
Sanity Check
First Page 2 3
By AsuraDeathStick 2015-08-31 19:39:54  
So I joined a CP party in Escha Ru'aun. They were AOE farming flying blue shark enemies not too far from the entrance. They were all checked either even or tough to me.

Anyway before second pull the party leader says to me "Have the decency to gear up before you join a CP party", then promptly kicked me form group. I tried to explain to him that the Gear I had was enough but he threatened to call a GM on me for some reason. "Dont make a scene" he told me.

Well needless to say I logged off shortly afterward pretty PO'd.

I was wearing this gear:
ItemSet 337507

I can't help but wonder why I would need to have more gear for such an easy low-man farming spot. I had already been farming the same spot with my blue with similar gear with trusts all day.

Can someone who has actually played a BLM with the gear I am wearing before give me a 3rd party perspective?

If you have some suggestions as to what gear I should focus on getting next for a nuking set please advise.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-31 20:07:51  
I'm not a BLM, but I can confirm that you are sane. The enemies in sky aren't especially evasive, magically or physically, so unless your skills weren't capped or something, it shouldn't have been a major issue. Also, sky isn't as ideal for a full-on CP party compared to Adoulin dungeons (where CP isn't reduced for parties), so the leader was riddled in a variety of faux pas.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-08-31 20:20:34  
Party leader was just flexing his e-peen and needed to kick someone out for a friend I'd be willing to bet. Your gear isn't the best, but its far from the worst. Like Jeanpaul said, you are sane, not to worry.

Maybe aim for some reforged pieces, or get some nice augments on Helios pieces for starters if you're worried. Can check out the BLM guide too.

Don't get too down on yourself, just b-list him and continue your day.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-08-31 20:27:10  
Your gear seems fine for 119~ mobs but there is a variety of better gear than what you are wearing. It is not a huge deal but who ever you were dealing with wanted someone in more up to date gear to get mobs killed faster. Maybe they were on a time limit with a goal in mind, maybe they are just entirely rude. Also there is the doubt in under geared players that plenty of players express. Don't let them anger you or give them attention they don't deserve.

Funny how they said they were going to call a GM on you if you continued to contest to their player discrimination.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 20:43:33  
The only people that are this worried about someone else's gear are ones who need someone to carry them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-31 21:00:50  
I probably would have kicked you too if I cared about the wasting the other pt member's time. You're not only dragging him, you're dragging down everyone.

You can either enjoy being coddled by everyone in this thread so far, or you can make yourself a better player.

Get a better earring before I quit the game out of embarrassment for you
Head needs to go, grip needs to go
I hope your leg/feet augments are amazing.

Literally everything else besides body, ammo and Frio earring is an eye sore, but not embarrassingly so, though admittedly, you're kinda screwed on the back since no one does incursion anymore.

You're only using that neck for earth nukes, right?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-31 21:05:36  
I see no contradiction.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 21:07:58  
If he was expecting a static or LS to bring him in that gear, I'd say he's being pretty selfish expecting them to pull him past previous content. But, it was a PUG. I had people show up to Plasm farms in Abyssea gear and we still got lots. The game is getting too old and sparse to be an ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-31 21:10:11  
Well congrats on getting less than you would have gotten if people were properly geared.

Some people will tolerate it, others won't.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 21:12:04  
Tolerate a player working with you toward a mutual goal? I'm appreciative of people who take their job seriously, but that's a pretty narrow way to look at an MMO.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-31 21:13:34  
Ok, but that doesn't really help out the OP who's wondering what the hell is going on, does it. He wants to know what's going on in his particular situation, not what you personally appreciate or don't appreciate.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 21:15:49  
He's wondering what he's doing so wrong to justify that kind of d-baggery. The answer is nothing. His gear isn't obscenely bad besides the moldy earring, the guy was just being a jerk, probably to impress someone or make space for a friend.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-08-31 21:15:53  
Yeah what is going on is people are not being any help by holding him up to an unnecessary standard for something like a CP burn party.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-31 21:16:55  
It was the Moldavite Earring! Haven't seen that since 75 days.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-31 21:17:44  
His gear is not great, I'm not going to argue that. There are several upgrades that can be made easily. But the guy could have explained that without being a complete ***-gobbler.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-31 21:18:32  
Odin.Jassik said: »
The answer is nothing.

Agree to disagree, but I think we've taken this as far as it can go. Up to the OP to decide

Post deleted by User.
By SUPERSAMPOWER 2015-08-31 21:21:31  
This is a new toon (quit a year ago due to boredom lol) ....You only have one 99 job? (Just checking out your char on ffxiah)
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-08-31 21:41:33  
Me? Yeah. I blow a lot of people's minds with that.

But on the other hand, I get the luxury of being able to say my mules are better than 99% of people's mains.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-31 21:45:25  
Draylo said: »
It was the Moldavite Earring! Haven't seen that since 75 days.
This actually made me lol.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-31 21:47:34  
The only thing that sux doing things w/ gimps is failure. Doing anything that requires 6ppl or more and failing cuz someone came as a joke is extremely frustrating. Other than that, CP pt in sky, where vast majority of the time ppl either power you through 1 job like BST or BLU. While everyone reaps the benefit either AFK or barely contributing is kinda laughable.
Tho I guess yall ain't exactly friends and he ofc is looking out for numero uno and you ain't helping him any being poorly geared. I'd boot ya too but I don't CP w/ pugs to begin w/....

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 21:52:09  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
AsuraDeathStick said: »
So I joined a CP party in Escha Ru'aun. They were AOE farming flying blue shark enemies not too far from the entrance. They were all checked either even or tough to me.

Anyway before second pull the party leader says to me "Have the decency to gear up before you join a CP party", then promptly kicked me form group. I tried to explain to him that the Gear I had was enough but he threatened to call a GM on me for some reason. "Dont make a scene" he told me.

Who was the leader? I will make sure to avoid them and get on their case if I happen to see them for their very poor behavior.

Player warnings are explicitly against the forum rules. Please keep it to PM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-31 21:52:11  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Who was the leader? I will make sure to avoid them and get on their case if I happen to see them for their very poor behavior.

Nyet. No player warnings.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3