New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2015.08.18
Site Update 2015.08.18
First Page 2 3
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 10:19:57  
The site has been updated.

This week's patch is small; my site time has been mostly consumed by the XIV data miner and moderation duties. It's also a wildly anti-social patch, looking at it all at once, so I guess I'm fine with it being small.

• [XI] Power search now allows you to only grab max level gear (currently i119).

• [XI] Users who are inactive by auction house standards (30 days) are now excluded from achievement point rankings.

• Users can now hide their post count.

• The deletion button on friends is now more visible.

• Blocks are now one-way again.

• Moderators can no longer be blocked.

• The report type "It's harassing a friend" has been changed to "It's harassing another user".

• The report type "Excessive hostility" has been added.

• Several changes to internal moderation and administration tools.

The two way blocks were a viable enough experiment, but they were abused pretty much right off the bat. They can't all be gems, I guess.

The XIV data miner is currently extracting all numerical data from the game files. Now it's just a matter of deciphering them, but Item is almost complete (just missing a couple of fields), and most of the others are done or close to it. The last major piece remaining is icon extraction, which I would estimate I'm 75% complete with.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-18 10:27:56  
Quote:
[XI] Users who are inactive by auction house standards (30 days) are now excluded from achievement point rankings.
How often is this checked? Looking forward to my meteoric rise up the ranks.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 10:47:14  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quote:
[XI] Users who are inactive by auction house standards (30 days) are now excluded from achievement point rankings.
How often is this checked? Looking forward to my meteoric rise up the ranks.

Once an hour.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 10:50:09  
Hmm, I've been logging in daily and yet it must have still flagged me as inactive.

I guess I should stay logged in and make sure guildwork plugin is working.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-18 10:53:59  

Grovel peasants, as I fly the British flag as Cerberus's representative.

For Queen and Country!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 10:56:26  
Jetackuu said: »
Hmm, I've been logging in daily and yet it must have still flagged me as inactive.

It's based on auction house transactions. The LSCOM was still giving me bogus answers for people who are deactivated/banned/server shifted, so I went to the one thing that we control. It's the same "inactive" flag that shows up in linkshell lists.

As long as you've made an AH transaction in the last 30 days, you will be flagged as active. I might up that, but for now that's what it is. Go buy an earth crystal or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 11:02:55  
Rooks said: »
Jetackuu said: »

It's based on auction house transactions. The LSCOM was still giving me bogus answers for people who are deactivated/banned/server shifted, so I went to the one thing that we control. It's the same "inactive" flag that shows up in linkshell lists.

As long as you've made an AH transaction in the last 30 days, you will be flagged as active. I might up that, but for now that's what it is. Go buy an earth crystal or something.
Ah that makes sense, I haven't bought anything in some time.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2015-08-18 11:17:03  
Hey Rooks, is there something you could do to make our equipped linkshells shown? My current linkshell hasn't been listed on my character for like 6 months. Talked to Stan about it and from what he said it's not on his end.

All my other linkpearl/sack/shell in inventory do show but not my current one.

My current linkshell does show on my guildwork profile though...just not here.

edit: Thanks for all the fixups btw, really appreciated! :)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 11:31:59  
The XIV data miner is currently extracting all numerical data from the game files. Now it's just a matter of deciphering them, but Item is almost complete (just missing a couple of fields), and most of the others are done or close to it. The last major piece remaining is icon extraction, which I would estimate I'm 75% complete with.

This is the biggest site update in years, man. I'm super stoked to see the FFXIVPro side get some traction. Keep up the good work!
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-18 11:52:59  
The two way blocks were a viable enough experiment
I have to admit, I clicked on a few posts on the front page and wondered where their post was.

That awkward moment of, I wonder why the page isn't scrolling down. Oh... that's why!

I see no issue with two way blocking, but the core issues with blocking someone on this site still remains and that kinda makes potential issues rise up in the future.

Some of these issues are,
- If someone posts, their name still comes up in Latest Forum Topics
- If someone quotes someone on your block list, you see their entire post, I also see no way to really fix this either...

Now you mentioned that they "...were abused pretty much right off the bat", could you explain a bit? I guess someone could block someone and then start talking bad about them behind their back, but not only would they end up getting blocked by others, if someone quotes them then their posts get exposed anyways. I don't think that would actually ever happen but I could be wrong, maybe in P&R or something.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-08-18 11:57:48  
Kalila said: »
Now you mentioned that they "...were abused pretty much right off the bat", could you explain a bit? I guess someone could block someone and then start talking bad about them behind their back, but not only would they end up getting blocked by others, if someone quotes them then their posts get exposed anyways. I don't think that would actually ever happen but I could be wrong, maybe in P&R or something.

A bunch of people can block one person and they won't see anything in that thread pretty much
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-18 11:59:33  
oh... good point
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-18 12:20:59  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Kalila said: »

A bunch of people can block one person and they won't see anything in that thread pretty much
Also if someone makes/contributed to a helpful job guide etc, and then blocked a person. For example: a blocked person wouldn't be as able to productively level their spoony bard as well as an unblocked player that could access that info.
That sort of blocking effects the site's main purpose (vidyagaem infos). So, even if someone is a social reject, they should still be able to lurk for info at least.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:22:04  
Yeah, mostly what Drac said, combined with other random bursts of drama (my inbox got a real workout). The end result being that the problems I was trying to solve were less of an issue than the problems it created.

Not all experiments work, and that's okay. One of the benefits of a stable and short patch cycle is getting to try things, and phasing them out if they don't work. (Which is why you see a post from me every week, even if I don't have a ton of exciting things to share.)
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:23:16  
Leviathan.Behemothx said: »
Hey Rooks, is there something you could do to make our equipped linkshells shown? My current linkshell hasn't been listed on my character for like 6 months. Talked to Stan about it and from what he said it's not on his end.

All my other linkpearl/sack/shell in inventory do show but not my current one.

My current linkshell does show on my guildwork profile though...just not here.

edit: Thanks for all the fixups btw, really appreciated! :)

If it's right on GW, I'll see if we're not receiving that information or just not storing it. Thanks for letting me know!
[+]
 Sylph.Lobbi
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lobby
By Sylph.Lobbi 2015-08-18 12:29:56  
Hi Rooks,
Thank you for that work :)

About the "[XI] Users who are inactive by auction house standards (30 days) are now excluded from achievement point rankings."

If you go on Sylph and look to the end of the ranking, we can see only 215 active users in total in the server. I know that we are not a lot on it but I was wondering if that was normal or if that's a bug :)

Also, I noticed that my mule Sylph.Kobbi is active but is no longer on the ranking.

Best,
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-18 12:34:26  
Your mule doesn't seem to have an LS community profile linked.

Also as for 215 users active, you've got to remember, not everyone is on here, particularly the Japanese players.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:37:59  
Sylph.Lobbi said: »
Hi Rooks,
Thank you for that work :)

About the "[XI] Users who are inactive by auction house standards (30 days) are now excluded from achievement point rankings."

If you go on Sylph and look to the end of the ranking, we can see only 215 active users in total in the server. I know that we are not a lot on it but I was wondering if that was normal or if that's a bug :)

Also, I noticed that my mule Sylph.Kobbi is active but is no longer on the ranking.

Best,

So, that means "215 users who are registered with the site, have a valid lscom url, and have bought something in the last thirty days." Even active characters don't always buy things - my alt hasn't bought anything in months, even though he's logged in fairly constantly, for example. The numbers are kind of stark, though, so it's a question of if it's a bug, or a result of too many people failing one of those criteria. Odin is a populated server and it seems even lower. I'll look into it, though I expect it's just the result of server shifting and people not re-registering/buying things/etc.

In Kobbi's case, it looked like he was stuck in the update queue. I unstuck him and so he should get picked up on the next round. If he's not showing up in an hour or so, PM me and I'll take a deeper look.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:39:14  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Your mule doesn't seem to have an LS community profile linked.

Also as for 215 users active, you've got to remember, not everyone is on here, particularly the Japanese players.

He had one, but it was stuck in the queue (so only visible to himself and admin+). I unstuck it, so it should be working now, but I expect that'll be common for a lot of people. There was a bug shortly before I started updating things that would wedge people in the queue.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-18 12:39:39  
It doesn't affect me personally in any way, but I think the timer to be ignored by the Achievements list should be set to 60 days (2 months), not 30.

While it should be rare, it's not that unbelievable that someone regularly playing FFXI wouldn't buy/sell anything on AH for 30 days.
It doesn't seem a large enough window imho.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:40:45  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It doesn't affect me personally in any way, but I think the timer to be ignored by the Achievements list should be set to 60 days (2 months), not 30.

While it should be rare, it's not that unbelievable that someone regularly playing FFXI wouldn't buy/sell anything on AH for 30 days.
It doesn't seem a large enough window imho.

Yeah, I'll likely adjust it. I was just using the existing "inactive" code and it was set to 30.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-08-18 12:54:48  
Since you implemented this "filter" could you add a feature to allow people to view the complete list with inactive chars?

Does a char becoming inactive excludes it from receiving updates at the site database? If that's the case, forget what I just said...
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-18 12:57:25  
any idea on when/if mission progress can be fixed? my progress has been out of date for at least two years at this point, despite my craft(s) leveling with me just fine.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:57:48  
leo said: »
Since you implemented this "filter" could you add a feature to allow people to view the complete list with inactive chars?

Does a char becoming inactive excludes it from receiving updates at the site database? If that's the case, forget what I just said...

Hrm, I could probably do two versions of it, sure. "Current" and "All-time". Is that something people would want?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 12:58:48  
fillerbunny9 said: »
any idea on when/if mission progress can be fixed? my progress has been out of date for at least two years at this point, despite my craft(s) leveling with me just fine.

How is your mission progress broken? Is it correct on the lscom site?
By camaroz 2015-08-18 13:17:47  
leo said: »

Hrm, I could probably do two versions of it, sure. "Current" and "All-time". Is that something people would want?

Considering the fact that the Japanese population aren't represented because they aren't registered would more than likely blow a majority of users away including myself. So that's really up to you. I do want to thank you for all your hard work. It has breathed a new life on the site again.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-18 13:20:14  
camaroz said: »
Considering the fact that the Japanese population aren't represented because they aren't registered would more than likely blow a majority of users away including myself. So that's really up to you.

Well, it'd still only be people registered on the site. I can't poll for characters I don't know about; it's not like XIV's Lodestone where I can scrape the whole thing and get the entire population of the server. It'd just be people who had ever registered, and have either quit, server shifted, gotten banned, etc.
By camaroz 2015-08-18 13:23:35  
Oh I know was just saying that, you could make an all time list but it would not be accurately replicated.
 Asura.Rinuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-18 13:24:22  
from rank 555 to 200 lol
First Page 2 3