フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Problem with blm lua
Problem with blm lua
 Asura.Rinuko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-21 07:30:19  
Hello.
I've found this blm lua and edited to my current gear.
However it seem to fulltime in idle gear when Im nuking or debuffing.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Also, would like to add in the file so I automaticly equip my Uggaleiph Pendant when mp is <51%

Here is a link to my lua
http://pastebin.com/qsb24fr1
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-21 22:25:18  
I'll be happy to assist you if you use a website like Pastebin so that I can just view it on my browser. Either your settings, or Google Drive altogether, won't allow a preview so you have to download it.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-22 00:08:28  
The looks like the .lua file I wrote for sch and blm. Some of the terminology has changed since it was last updated. Try this for the nuking and enfeebling. Change

elseif spell.skill=='ElementalMagic'
elseif spell.skill=='EnfeeblingMagic'

To

elseif spell.skill=='Elemental Magic'
elseif spell.skill=='Enfeebling Magic'

As far as he neck goes, you can try this.

Change
if spell.element =='Earth' then
equip ({neck='Quanpur Necklace'})

To

if mpp <= 51 then
equip ({neck='Uggaleiph Pendant'})

Though I'm not sure it that is the proper language. Also, now there are several options better than Ugg Pendant for nuking. Quanpur Necklace from Tree WKR, and Stoichion Necklace from VWNM and AH.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-22 02:23:25  
I'm not 99 yet though. So used the gear i have available right now
I'll try this out see if it works out.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-22 02:24:52  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I'll be happy to assist you if you use a website like Pastebin so that I can just view it on my browser. Either your settings, or Google Drive altogether, won't allow a preview so you have to download it.

http://pastebin.com/qsb24fr1
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-22 04:54:29  
Thanks, appreciate it. Definitely needs some updating, many of which Snprphnx already pointed out, though some of them would be more effort than necessary. I would switch to a much more recent file from Motenten:

https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/BLM.lua

He made files for most of the jobs in the game and updated them up until about 9 months ago. He hasn't been seen or heard from since, but his files still function with very little changing necessary. For reasons unknown, many people don't use his files, but I have never had an issue with any of them. If you need anything added, you can continue asking here or in the Gearswap Support Thread, though there will certainly be less congestion here.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Chancee
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madidu
By Valefor.Chancee 2015-07-25 14:21:00  
Hello! I am also experiencing a problem with my lua file. I used the file from Motenten (linked above, thank you Vafruvant) and adjusted it to my liking.

The problem I am having is with the Magic Burst set. For one, I cannot find the bind key for it (says it is bound to '@'). To try and work around it, I created another casting set and named it MagicBurst. However, which I switch to this set - it seems to use my normal nuking set rather than my Magic Burst gear. According to debug mode, it is pulling from the MagicBurst midcast that I created, but it does not appear to be pulling in the correct gear (I have been using the ctrl+e to view my gear while casting AM spells).

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/bX1QtRAc

Thanks!
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-25 14:37:28  
Valefor.Chancee said: »
Hello! I am also experiencing a problem with my lua file. I used the file from Motenten (linked above, thank you Vafruvant) and adjusted it to my liking.

The problem I am having is with the Magic Burst set. For one, I cannot find the bind key for it (says it is bound to '@'). To try and work around it, I created another casting set and named it MagicBurst. However, which I switch to this set - it seems to use my normal nuking set rather than my Magic Burst gear. According to debug mode, it is pulling from the MagicBurst midcast that I created, but it does not appear to be pulling in the correct gear (I have been using the ctrl+e to view my gear while casting AM spells).

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/bX1Q

Thanks!

Your MB set is named wrong. In defined sets rename your midcast.mb to sets.magic_burst <--- look underneath your defined sets and post_midcast function.. Notice it says to equip sets.magic_burst. Your defined set needs to have whichever name you give that function.

All credit goes to Vaf for teaching me this. All I'm doing is paying it forward =))
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-25 23:05:35  

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/bX1QtRAc

Thanks!
Admittedly I was curious about BLM recently and looked at Mote's BLM file, for the life of me I couldn't work out the key bind for magic burst, this is what it is:
Quote:
Code
send_command('bind ^` input /ma Stun <t>')
    send_command('bind @` gs c activate MagicBurst')
So I knew the ^ meant ctrl and that worked fine, but I assumed @ meant some different key but I couldn't work out what it was.
 Valefor.Chancee
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madidu
By Valefor.Chancee 2015-07-26 15:40:19  
Did you end up changing that bind?
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-26 15:51:11  
@ is the windows key, if I recall. I never use that bind, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. You can change the bind if you like, but as it is it should be Win+` (the ~ key)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-26 16:17:34  
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
@ is the windows key, if I recall. I never use that bind, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. You can change the bind if you like, but as it is it should be Win+` (the ~ key)
That didn't work, that or it didn't give any output to show it had worked.

I suppose if I do set up a BLM lua I'll just change the bind to Ctrl + F8, that seems to be unused.