2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Best/Ideal CP Farm Spot
Best/Ideal CP Farm Spot
First Page 2
By lhova 2015-06-03 14:44:48  
Hi all,

Just curious where peeps are thf + trust farming their CP during the campaign. I'm currently farming Marjami and with limited gifts, +44% cape, and Trizek ring I'm getting base 1000 CP on frogs, Twitherym and pugs with chains up to 28 and getting about 1300+ CP. It's fun because I have 0 downtime and I'm raping the mobs but I do have to wander a little bit and most times I lose the chain due to killing to fast.

Is there a better camp which will still leave for no downtime? Thanks.
 Fenrir.Martin
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2015-06-03 14:54:17  
ra'kaznar butterflies. with trizek 2k-2.7k with minimal gifts and aptitude mantle. I wanna know where good mage places are, need jp for blm which doesn't do well vs butterflies...
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-03 15:49:57  
I've been farming my JP on blm while doing raz skirmishes. Not the fastest CP but it's pretty decent (just have a trust do the tanking for you - gessho is pretty good). All normal mobs in there melt and even the NMs die in 4 good nukes (avoid the ironclad though). Also any time you can find a camp with lots of acuex or umbril that's probably good place for blm.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-06-03 15:56:31  
I know, that some of the mobs in the Gates, where the gates NMs are, are good CP solo, if you have the accuracy to kill em.
Although i would just duke nukem with geo.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-03 16:05:28  
The absolute best CP will be manaburn parties or beastburn parties, bar none.

For a solo thief, I'd suggest ra'kaznar butterflies until you get better gear, then Woh Gates bats.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-06-03 16:09:44  
Sylph.Oraen said: »

For a solo thief, I'd suggest ra'kaznar butterflies until you get better gear, then Woh Gates bats.

Yeah, with Bard trusts, it might not be so bad on Woh Gates bats, but i've never tried to on THF (dat level 1 thf tho)
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-06-03 16:11:51  
For BLM I started at Inner Raz, but eventually moved to Sih Gates via Ceizak crystal warp since it was much faster to get to camp. There's a lot of Acuex in a line; no aggro and can run back and forth pulling how ever many at a time you're comfortable with. With generous use of AF+1 body you should rarely run into MP problems, and can easily lock staff in the event you run low from being over ambitious with mana wall or something. There are a few bats at the end to help keep things rolling in the event you're beating Acuex respawn.

I didn't formally parse melee CP/HR for things like Marjami, but I had alright success in Moh gates via Morimar crystal warp on leeches/eft, though they do have some annoying TP moves. The accuracy requirement isn't bad at all.
[+]
By lhova 2015-06-03 22:23:31  

Is there a steady supply of bats and where is the camp? I couldn't even find the twithrym camp in outer rakaznar, granted I used the warp for skirmish so maybe you can't access them from there.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-06-03 22:49:46  
There's more than one map 2 for a Gates zone.

BLM - To get this out of the way, the best place for BLM CP is Sih Gates map 2 (crystal near Tax'et pop) on Umbrils. If that's too hard for you, can try Acuex on the east side of the same map, those are only 120ish.

THF - There are three camps in Sih Gates map 2. My preferred spot is bees in the west. You can also do single bats to the east, or tribats to the northeast.

I haven't looked into the other 4 gates zones. Pretty sure Woh Gates map 2 is the best party CP spot in the game, but there are certainly some lowman camps you can make work just great.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-04 06:26:21  
lhova said: »

Is there a steady supply of bats and where is the camp? I couldn't even find the twithrym camp in outer rakaznar, granted I used the warp for skirmish so maybe you can't access them from there.
There are plenty of bats in the camp, with an accuracy set you shouldn't have problem hitting the mobs, otherwise use acc food. The only problem you'll find is it is a very popular spot, parties will just show up and force you out.

The Soundsplitter bats are in the SW of Woh Gates map 2, which is reached through the teleport entrance from Marjami.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-04 07:25:33  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

BLM - To get this out of the way, the best place for BLM CP is Sih Gates map 2 (crystal near Tax'et pop) on Umbrils. If that's too hard for you, can try Acuex on the east side of the same map, those are only 120ish.

THF - There are three camps in Sih Gates map 2. My preferred spot is bees in the west. You can also do single bats to the east, or tribats to the northeast.

I haven't looked into the other 4 gates zones. Pretty sure Woh Gates map 2 is the best party CP spot in the game, but there are certainly some lowman camps you can make work just great.

The sih gate is way better then inner raz for black mage. Less walk and enough pops to keep chain up. Thanks ladyofhonor.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-04 12:37:02  
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

The sih gate is way better then inner raz for black mage. Less walk and enough pops to keep chain up. Thanks ladyofhonor.

Will it work well for a SCH soloing?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-04 12:56:04  
Marjami outpost #2 for low-impact stuff. Mobs are slightly lower level than Ra'Kaz butterflies, but you'll never run out of them, even with competition.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-04 16:23:36  
How do you get to Sih Gates map 2. Im at work and was just looking ahead and dont see how to get there.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-04 16:27:57  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Yes with strong enough nukes. Yes. I summon cor trust kupofried, koru muru n a white mage trust . Exp boost and healing. 2 V spells and they death.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-04 16:29:15  
Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
How do you get to Sih Gates map 2. Im at work and was just looking ahead and dont see how to get there.

Ceziak warp 1 position g11 stone warp . S gates walk east.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-04 18:48:00  
Bismarck.Diablosword said: »

Ceziak warp 1 position g11 stone warp . S gates walk east.

Thank you very much!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-05 07:02:59  
On the

On the Acuex in Sih Gates, what it a normal base CP/kill? With just Kupofried out I was getting 1000-1100 last night. I hadn't locked my mantle, so I know I was missing 50% from it, and the COR seems to hate me and never wants to use Corsair Roll.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 07:08:36  
Qultada will only use Corsair's Roll if you're using an exp/cp ring.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2015-06-05 08:18:32  
Personally I prefer the following:

-Use Biv#2 Yorcia Weald or Engmatic Device for Yorcia Weald (much closer)
-Hug the right wall untill you reach (I-11) you will reach the ??? (beam me up scotty)
-With Rings and minor gifts you can get up to 3k with higher chains.
-If you go on the double CP campaign you can hit 4k CP.
-Cirdas Caverns has many spots to camp, I usually go for frogs and funger.

Tursts:
-Kupfried
-Mihli Aliapoh (for extra Stoneskin)
-Joachim
-Sakura or Moogle (based on your Job) if your haste is capped.
-koru-Moru
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-06-05 09:32:49  

Yes with strong enough nukes. Yes. I summon cor trust kupofried, koru muru n a white mage trust . Exp boost and healing. 2 V spells and they death.

Random note but for SCH, I camped in Dho Gates (Courtesy of Applesmash; I basically told everyone about his secret camp q.q) located west of Foret Bivouac #4. I camped at I-11 where there are crabs and pugils. The trusts I used were Qultada, Kupofried, Star Sibyl, and Ulmia for marches. I basically popped Perpetuance Regen V, Haste, and Thunderstorm/Hailstorm (based on the day), swapped to DA and rotated between the mobs while aspiring the crabs whenever I was hurting on MP. Was getting 720k CP/HR with only using Capacity Ring, finished 400 JP in a weekend. Usually farmed in intervals of 1hr and then took many breaks. Happy farming.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 09:51:02  
Sounds like my backup camp when there are people at the Soundsplitter Bats, can pop RoE Dho #3 for Jagil kills.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-05 11:42:54  
Shiva.Hiep said: »

Random note but for SCH, I camped in Dho Gates (Courtesy of Applesmash; I basically told everyone about his secret camp q.q) located west of Foret Bivouac #4. I camped at I-11 where there are crabs and pugils. The trusts I used were Qultada, Kupofried, Star Sibyl, and Ulmia for marches. I basically popped Perpetuance Regen V, Haste, and Thunderstorm/Hailstorm (based on the day), swapped to DA and rotated between the mobs while aspiring the crabs whenever I was hurting on MP. Was getting 720k CP/HR with only using Capacity Ring, finished 400 JP in a weekend. Usually farmed in intervals of 1hr and then took many breaks. Happy farming.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tonight.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-05 12:15:33  
Shiva.Hiep said: »

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tonight.

I feel crabs and pugils gives less cap points then say efts and leeches off morimar biv 5 warp to the gates and that camp is quicker to get to.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-05 12:28:39  
I prefer velkks near marjami #1. It takes no time to get to the camp, they are pretty squishy and there are lots of them.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-05 13:35:17  
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
I prefer velkks near marjami #1. It takes no time to get to the camp, they are pretty squishy and there are lots of them.

But those don't give that much cap points. The mobs I do I get 2500 to 7000 with 150% ring double cap campaign kuupofried corsair Trust n different amounts of cap bonus.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-05 13:47:55  

But those don't give that much cap points. The mobs I do I get 2500 to 7000 with 150% ring double cap campaign kuupofried corsair Trust n different amounts of cap bonus.

Which ones are you doing?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-05 16:22:48  

If melee job morimar biv 5 use warp stone to the gates.
By lhova 2015-06-05 17:47:42  
I need to do the revies, I didn't realize how much CP I was losing out on. Unfortunately I missed the boat on Kupo and the clock.... and only 80/550 on RP with Thf so when I was doing Woh in a party of 5 today with Kupo, I got 17 CP before the ring ran out and I think it took us 30-45 minutes (even though I was just leeching my Uber Blm lsmate Miang).

So when we are spitting camps and CP per hour its probably important to not CP total bonus that you are getting.
First Page 2