http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/24450-Error-code-FFXI-3001
 Shiva.Kingregg
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kingregg
By Shiva.Kingregg 2015-04-10 17:10:53  
Pantafernando said: »
More info.
I was trying to zone into port windy, from galka AA.. black screen where it say downloading data been stuck in that screen for 4~5hrs Thank you, I drove to a friend home and logged in warped to adoulin, walked back home loaded finally..
By Sickle 2015-04-11 02:36:55  
Im having the same issue right now atm, so mad!!

Im on xbox360, tried contacting my ISP to set up the correct ports and all but with no success. I'm unable to log in to my main account although I can log in to my second account. Guess I'll to wait during normal business hours to contact SE and see what the deal is. =/
 Shiva.Kingregg
By Shiva.Kingregg 2015-04-13 12:01:51  
let me know what they say SICKLE
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2015-04-13 16:19:44  
I had the same problem, logged on friend's house too and worked.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2015-04-13 16:38:50  
This is a problem on SE's end, not with you or your ISP. This happened to me this weekend. Here's what happened:

I was logged into 2 POL accounts in 2 instances of FFXI on 1 PC. On my mule account I was zoning from North Sandy to Port Sandy and got the black downloading-data screen which eventually timed out. My main character's instance was fine - I zoned from Mog Garden into Mog House into Port Windurst without trouble.

I logged back in to the mule that had been disconnected with the 3001 error, it was a black screen again, downloading data again, and eventually disconnected again. On my main account I did a /search on Port Sandy and it was empty - which is odd. So I tried another character on the same POL ID that I knew was in a zone other than Port Sandy and it worked just fine. Then I logged in to a different mule than the one that had been dc'd that I knew was in Port Sandy and it got a black screen, downloading data, and eventually disconnected too. Ok, so, problem is only with Port Sandy zone.

I asked someone in my LS if they wouldn't mind sending one of their mules in to Port Sandy as a test, and they did without problem. Odd. But at least we know it's nothing on the PC and nothing on the network. It's a problem with characters in a specific zone at a specific time.

I called a GM and they said "herpa derp, it's the weekend, you're screwed until Monday" - the problem fixed itself in an hour.

I got a satisfaction survey after the GM interaction and as usual I ripped them a new one. No more than they deserve.
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-04-13 23:26:50  
I've been having this trouble on a few mules, I'm not 100% sure if it's on SE's part because I'm able to log on a few other mules and my main just fine, but when I disconnect my router and connect straight to my modem I can log on all of them. Only started happening recently (yesterday). Also, web browser, netflix on TV all work fine with my router connected, it's just PoL.
By Sickle 2015-04-13 23:49:36  
Monday Apr 13th:
First thing i did was contact Square Enix, spoke to customer support, who was awesome i must say, identified my ip address from my Xbox360 and did a "trace route". Comes to find out out of 30 locations, which he explained like 30 bridges to connect to FFXI, only up to 12 was identified. He addressed that from 13 thru 30 weren't receiving data from my ISP. Gave me the specific info to pass on to my ISP.

Called my ISP, identified there was in fact an issue, not with my ports, but with something else. Tomorrow 4/14 they will come out to replace my modem/router and run tests. So glad it's one day closer to play this game! haha

******Also: the customer service rep from SE did mentioned that a lot of people were having issues since the April update. So this is common and please call them @ (858) 790-7529 (U.S. Only)
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2015-04-14 13:24:50  
Missing replies from traceroutes is normal. Routers can be configured to not respond to icmp and that's perfectly fine. Glad that your ISP found and is fixing an issue for you. Also glad that SE is acknowledging that something in the April update is causing problems for users.
[+]
By Sickle 2015-04-14 18:32:07  
4/14:

ISP technician came out to replace indoor wires and brand new router/modem @ no charge! =)

After a few hours of setting it up, I'm now able to log in to both accounts on FFXI.

Am noticing some minors things like, unable to search friends list, linkshell and A.H. Im calling SE now to make sure if all ports are in fact open.
 Shiva.Kingregg
By Shiva.Kingregg 2015-04-14 19:48:42  
I used my phone for a hotspot, logged in, warp to different area.
Which back to normal isp worked.. But I'm having a few lag problems oh AH too.
By Sickle 2015-04-14 22:09:09  
Well, I was able to play my main account for maybe 1 whole hr, till i tele to Bastok from Sandy and received error code:3001.

Idk now... might just call it quits since this has been too much effort just to play this game now lol.
 leo
By leo 2015-04-15 00:33:46  
Every single time I had that problem it was either my router or my ISP routing tables being rotten (packets being discarded somewhere in the path between the game and the server).

Solution for me usually went through this routine:

Reboot network hardware (power cycle modem and router while letting them sit for 5 minutes without power). If the issue was due to the router or modem this is enough to fix.

If that would not fix it, I would log into the router and change it's MAC ADDRESS so the cable modem company would grant me a different IP on their network. If the issue is about some routing node in the internet dropping your packets, this usually helps

If the routing issue is too severe you might be forced to access your account from a different ISP. That's why accessing from a friend's house usually help at improving the situation.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Syrael
user: Syrael
By Ragnarok.Syrael 2015-04-15 04:22:07  
This all started after that maint for log in on the 9th. Black screen ---DL data-- network busy on each screen while you try to log in Lobby Server not there when you pick a char. Been having all kind of wtf ***with Ah LS list fail to load. Not sure if its just me but random auto run when i dont want it to and cant get it to stop no matter what you try. This shits geting old SE needs to ball up and just fix it not try to pass it off as its your side prob.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-15 05:12:55  
Tried to log in last night after I got home form work, first thing I notice was spurts of random lagginess on PoL.

Took a few tries to get on my account, after I finally got on, I zoned from Port Jeuno > Windurst Walls and have been stuck on the black "Downloading Data" screen since.

I can log onto my mule, but not on my main. Whenever I attempt to log my main in now, I never get as far as the black "Downloading Data" screen.

PoL is still laggy as well, there are random steps through the entire log in process were it will take extra time to load up and sometimes I even need to "Retry".

My internet connection is fine, everything else runs perfectly, it's just PoL that's lagging.
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-04-15 11:29:13  
I did what Leo suggested and messed with my mac address and so far I haven't had any issues
By Sickle 2015-04-15 13:10:21  
Tuesday April 14th:

ISP tects came out to replace the entire indoor and outdoor wiring around my house, replaced the modem/router to the latest one AT&T U-Verse has atm.

After a few hours of having everything worked at, I logged on to my firewall to access my Xbox360 and FFXI to make sure those ports were open, which i set them up.

Success!! I was able to log in with no issues.

***About 30 mins into playing my main account, I went from No. Sandy to Bastok Markets, and ERROR CODE:3001... ugh...

Decided to log onto my 2nd account, did the same thing and again received error code:3001.

Called it quits for the evening.

Wednesday April 15th:

Called SE to see wth is going on??!!?

The tect rep was the least helpful out of all the ones I spoken to. He simply asked me what zones I couldn't load to: Bastok Markets, server name:Sylph, and ISP/Location:AT&T/California.

Asked if my ports were open, I mentioned they were and he then concluded stating:

"Well there's nothing we can do on our end till enough customers call to report similar issues enough to address the issue" "Although, we have been noticing a number of customers who have AT&T Internet and California residents have been unable to play FFXI properly the past few days since the update"

I decided to stay quiet and not make an issue out of the lame service i received. Also mentioned to keep an eye out on POL site to see if there's and upcoming server maintain for Sylph.

Well... I'll give it a week or so (since I have midterms and 25+ pg essays to work on) if this doesnt get resolved I'm simply going to ask for a refund and buy a PS4 and try out FFXIV.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-15 17:03:47  
Sickle said: »
Well... I'll give it a week or so (since I have midterms and 25+ pg essays to work on) if this doesnt get resolved I'm simply going to ask for a refund and buy a PS4 and try out FFXIV.

Chances of this getting fixed soon are pretty slim, SE already announced that the version updates are ending on November, they could give a rat's *** about this game really.

My bet is it being in the "resolved issues" that come with the May version update, and not before. They "don't have time" to deal with minor ***like this right away at this stage of the game's lifespan.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-15 17:04:04  
 Carbuncle.Brutalforce
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Brutalforce 2015-04-15 19:23:32  
I'm having the same issue. started happening 2 days ago, was logged in port jeuno with both of my main toons, one on Xbox360, other on my pc. had to leave the house to run some errands, come back just to find both my toons got booted off, tried to log back on, then i receive this time out (error code 3001) on both platforms. havent had much success since then, i tried logging in on my maan from my xbox on my pc, i worked for a bit, but then received the same message when trying to warp from port jueno too western adoulin, and then from valcrum dunes too abyssea miser. seems like random zones it occurs. not sure what to make out of it, its never happen to me before, yet i see allot of people posting the same issue ever since the april logging update. soo annoying :(
By Oxymora 2015-04-15 22:42:34  
I think I know what the problem is... AT&T. Restarted with a couple of friends. Only ones having an issue are the ones with AT&T. I found the problem. The solution? Don't use AT&T.
 Shiva.Kingregg
By Shiva.Kingregg 2015-04-15 22:49:56  
Oxymora said: »
I think I know what the problem is... AT&T. Restarted with a couple of friends. Only ones having an issue are the ones with AT&T. I found the problem. The solution? Don't use AT&T.
Sometimes I Hotspot from my iPhone (Verizon) and or isp (Comcast)
But I'm definitely tired of having to have a LS member log me in from their end and warp me to diffenrent zone so I can play..
I really thought that doing Captain's rank was going to be hard, it's zoning that's killkng me lol
By Jobant 2015-04-16 12:26:48  
I'm having similar issues, but I'm on Comcast. Talked to SE and they suggested Port Forwarding, but that didn't work. They are aware of issue but have no other suggestion other than to call back in a week if the problem continues. They insist problem is with ISP and not their servers. I can login through Verizon hotspot and move character to another zone, log out and then log back in thru Comcast, but problem returns if try to re-enter zone.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-04-17 11:43:22  
Its been a week since I first got booted, and still nothing. Apparently, i just wasn't meant to partake of this go around of Log in Campaign... Contacting SE didn't accomplish anything but make me want to put the game down earlier than November.

Oh well. On the flipside, my massive backlog now has a decent dent in it. Blitzed through story mode on MKX in one sitting and I'm loving the concept of the new Brutalities and faction specific fatalities. That Special Forces drone is awesome!
By Sickle 2015-04-17 15:20:29  
@King lol

Well the only way I'm able to log in is if my buddy from Canada is able to log in for me every since time i get kicked out of the game when the error code pops up... Its quiet annoying and kinda embarrassed to ask him to do it for me all the dang time lol.

There has been an update, although it doesn't really work...

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news24056.shtml
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-04-18 10:46:38  
FINALLY able to get back on this morning. SE owes me a week's worth og Log-in points. >.>
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-04-18 11:20:31  
Very odd occurence... Anyone else have their macros erased from the server when they were able to get back on? Have to redo them all from scratch since one of the reccomendations when the issues first arose was to reload the game.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2015-04-18 11:30:08  
My friend's macros were erased as well.
First Page 2