BLU LUA

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU LUA
BLU LUA
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-13 21:54:01  
Alright, so im a returning player, used to spellcast, loved it.

I come back and see this gearswap thing, and im completely lost.

all the rules, or in this thing i guess they're "Function"

Im just too god damn stupid for this program i guess, i've spent days trying to figure this out and i just cant, people try to help it doesnt work, im just dumb apparently.

my question is, i just want a simple LUA setup like spellcast used to be, of coarse itll have to use the new command words and whatever, But i just want it to auto switch me to my TP Gear when im engaged, Idle when im not. And i want it to have a Pre cast, Mid Cast for spells, then to switch me back to TP or idle depending on my engaged status. That's really it.

If anyone can give me a generic LUA File with a Fill in the blanks for being able to do this without all the 1000000000 extra lines of gibber jabber i dont understand, that would be freaking awesome, because this stuff is just over my head.
By mortontony1 2015-03-13 22:07:27  
Not exactly fill in the blanks per se, but I just use this one here. Obviously modified the pieces to what I have/use, but it works really well.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-13 22:09:40  
mortontony1 said: »
Not exactly fill in the blanks per se, but I just use this one here. Obviously modified the pieces to what I have/use, but it works really well.
yeah that ones so damn complicated it hurts my head.. i just want a nice simple one thatll do my pre/mid/after casts and switch my TP/IDLE i dont need all the rediculous complicated rules that those ones have
By mortontony1 2015-03-13 22:17:57  
Could just delete those bits. Are you talking about like the different sets for str, dex, vit spells stuff like that?
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-13 22:20:24  
Like i said i have no idea. All i know is on spellcast i was a functinal member of society with about 150 lines of rules, ive yet to see an LUA with less then 500

Theres so much stuff in it, i dont know what i should keep what i should delete, etc. espesially when it's an all new language from spelcast.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-13 22:26:21  
im just gonna go to the Bahamut forums and hire someone to write me one..
 Ragnarok.Orlind
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-13 22:38:48  
With the lua file you saw above, you really only need to worry about line 208-467, which are the gear sets.

Each gear set has the name of what it affects, like your spells or WSs. So just replace that gear with what you use instead, save and then reload gearswap.

Everything outside those lines I mentioned are the rules that change your gear when engaged or idle. No real need to worry about them.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-15 06:56:51  
Finally got around to editing this LUA.

This thing switches gear so fast and i cant stop it from switching even by opening up the equipment menu i cant tell if it's actually getting everything right, but ima just trust it and call it a day

I did notice however, sinker dirll was unusually weak so i looked into the LUA file, it was under the "STR" physical spells, should be under DEX, Does a lot more damage that way.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-15 06:57:06  
Also, thank you for giving me the Line #'s i need to edit, that helped me focus better x.x
 Shiva.Nokturnall
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-03-15 07:22:28  
KaariLaLa said: »

This thing switches gear so fast and i cant stop it from switching even by opening up the equipment menu i cant tell if it's actually getting everything right, but ima just trust it and call it a day

I did notice however, sinker dirll was unusually weak so i looked into the LUA file, it was under the "STR" physical spells, should be under DEX, Does a lot more damage that way.

You can type in the command "//gs showswaps" to see if you gear is/isn't swapping out.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-15 07:30:47  
im having a major issue with this LUA, whenever i load windower i hit F11 to get rid of that stupid model highlight (I dont know what even makes windower load this up anways) And instead of making that highlight go away it just switches to these stupid modes for different Acc sets. etc that i just dont want.

As far as i could tell i got rid of all the Keybind Functions in this LUA Still wont stop switching between the "modes"

Anyone know what i need to do so i can un highlight character/hidden doors etc.? F11 was the only way i could do it before -_-
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-15 07:31:42  
Shiva.Nokturnall said: »

You can type in the command "//gs showswaps" to see if you gear is/isn't swapping out.
Ahh thats cool, thank you

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-15 11:48:53  
im having a major issue with this LUA, whenever i load windower i hit F11 to get rid of that stupid model highlight (I dont know what even makes windower load this up anways) And instead of making that highlight go away it just switches to these stupid modes for different Acc sets. etc that i just dont want.

As far as i could tell i got rid of all the Keybind Functions in this LUA Still wont stop switching between the "modes"

Anyone know what i need to do so i can un highlight character/hidden doors etc.? F11 was the only way i could do it before -_-

There's 3 ways around this:

1. comment out the keybinds in the .lua (I like the keybinds)
2. toggle the lighting at the character selection screen or on another job or unload gearswap (it unbinds when it unloads)
3. use the console command //game_forceambientlight 0 (this is the command that is bound to F11)

Side-note: You cannot stop the swaps by opening a menu because gearswap doesn't send commands to FFXI like spellcast did, it sends the equip packets directly. That's the reason it's so much faster than vanilla/script/spellcast and also the reason it can handle instant cast gear and still get into midcast, it literally sends the packets in a very specific order. The only thing limiting it is safeguards Byrth coded into it and the global timers that FFXI has locked in.
By KaariLaLa 2015-03-16 10:05:03  
Odin.Jassik said: »

2. toggle the lighting at the character selection screen or on another job or unload gearswap (it unbinds when it unloads)
3. use the console command //game_forceambientlight 0 (this is the command that is bound to F11)

Side-note: You cannot stop the swaps by opening a menu because gearswap doesn't send commands to FFXI like spellcast did, it sends the equip packets directly. That's the reason it's so much faster than vanilla/script/spellcast and also the reason it can handle instant cast gear and still get into midcast, it literally sends the packets in a very specific order. The only thing limiting it is safeguards Byrth coded into it and the global timers that FFXI has locked in.
i unloaded it and it still just switched modes, i deleted the Keybinds off the lua, and it still switches XD im so friggin confused, i just switch it during character selection now, that works for me, But what plugin/addon is actually doing this to the game? can i have it default to where nothings highlighted? i literally never use the highlighted models mode.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-16 10:09:03  
Odin.Jassik said: »

i unloaded it and it still just switched modes, i deleted the Keybinds off the lua, and it still switches XD im so friggin confused, i just switch it during character selection now, that works for me, But what plugin/addon is actually doing this to the game? can i have it default to where nothings highlighted? i literally never use the highlighted models mode.

It won't re-bind them, you have to relaunch windower. I wouldn't suggest you delete anything from the .lua if you aren't understanding how it works.

Just type into the command line "//game_forceambientlight 0" Or, press F11 at the character selection screen BEFORE you select your character, or unload gearswap before you change to BLU, etc.
 Valefor.Seranos
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-18 08:40:20  
Odin.Nikia said: »
Welp just for funsies here is my BLU LUA over 1500 lines. Though alot has to do with the formatting.

It is a stand alone so no need for includes.
It is heavily modded to fit my wants/needs but it is also commented and the portions you find no use for can remove.

All spells are mapped and listed alphabetically, it is simple to change the maps around for spells to use the stat mods you see fit.

No idea if this will help you in anyway but if you or anyone else does use it and have questions just let me know.

Ok, picking up BLU again and want to use your lua. Does this auto set spells based on a command? Can't seem to find how to toggle if that's the case.

Also, have you included a way to select specific macro pallets based on set spells and sub job?

Thanks! Very impressive!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Mirlikovir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: eoz41
By Cerberus.Mirlikovir 2015-05-03 05:01:09  
any new blu.lua including less complicated?
Thx
By inkydo 2015-05-03 08:42:13  
Odin.Nikia said: »
Welp just for funsies here is my BLU LUA over 1500 lines. Though alot has to do with the formatting.

this one nice work of art!!! Well Done!
By Bigtymert 2015-05-20 21:00:04  
Edit: Fixed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1397 days between previous and next post]
By Xephyrs 2019-03-17 23:17:58  
Can someone help me with the mode changing on this Lua? I can switch between combat mode, defense mode, magic defense mode, and a summary of what modes I am in. But I do not understand what keys to press to change my idle mode? It doesn't say in the lua. I only see F9, F10, F11, and F12. It also had (!,^,@) but those don't seem to do anything...?
 Ragnarok.Garzyan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garzyan
By Ragnarok.Garzyan 2019-03-18 02:16:10  
! and ^ normally means ctrl or alt
[+]
By Xephyrs 2019-03-20 21:41:56  
Thank you!
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck