How Bad Are We Gimping Our Party?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » How bad are we gimping our party?
How bad are we gimping our party?
 Asura.Alexandero
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-28 21:37:16  
Yeah, at this point I've just been making parties and playing WAR. I've been making my own parties since the Dunes days so it doesn't bother me at all. I've never gave a damn either what jobs want to come. If I need a DD, then come w/e DD you want, idc. Since the removal of the high experience loss and the relative ease of getting KI, whether its a 5k delve rock or a KI for incursion, there's not really any penalty for wiping anymore. So who cares.

I understand that some people refuse to do anything else except the established setup, it's just boring though. My first time doing incursion I put a party of 14 together, none of which had done it before either, some of which were still in sparks, and it was the biggest cluster I've ever been in. But everyone had a great time the whole run (Died at NM), simply because everyone knew there were no expectations, we were there to just learn how it worked and play what we wanted. No pressure on anyone to perform up to some kind of standard.

Wish the game could be more like this more often, instead of people freaking out over a wipe that costs you 15 min, 5k gil and 500 xp (that you can get back faster than you can sneeze)... seriously... it's a game.
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-01-28 22:17:34  
When and why are you waiting for 300TP to WS ever unless you are starting a fight with 300TP, in which case you should be Bully -> SA -> Rudras, or you are setting up Aftermath?

I am not saying that stuff doesn't happen, I am saying the times it does are being over exaggerated. On top of that, you have to assume everyone in your party is being affected by the same "disability" and even without SA or TA your Rudra's is very strong now. On paper, yes your damage is being reduced from what you are capable of but it is still extremely strong compared to other DD. I don't know if you think I live in a magical world where none of this is an issue, but I do tend to get my buffed RS off during fights with TA and SA at least 90% of the time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-29 01:45:55  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 02:02:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Isnt you who loves to parse and post ss to try humillating people in ffxiah?

You are so smart, so tell why the *** would someone sit there just for you to increase your dps, thus favoring a direct competitor, garanteed victory is sure?

And now the thfs are "bad" thfs?

Dumbest would they be if they just sit like good pupils waiting for you to outparse them with your vajras trick attack, as its impossible to reach without a mythic, just to next day having a ss in ffxiah with you beating them.

Naive is you to think your only enemy is the mob youre fighting against.
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 02:02:22  
Tbh the biggest thing I find is a self stigma. After the amount of work I've put into my WAR and the dedication of getting a Bravura back in the old days it feels a little disheartening to be doing less damage than a decent sam or thf (or dnc, but 'decent' isnt good enough for dnc) when my own gear is not much short of ideal save perhaps a conq.

I know its not that bad but compared to my tsurumaru sam or my dnc I just do so much less so I end up never playing WAR on any moderately high end content...
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 02:07:34  
Pantafernando said: »

You are so smart, so tell why the *** would someone sit there just for you to increase your dps, thus favoring a direct competitor, garanteed victory is sure?

Dumbest would they be if they just sit like good pupils waiting for you to outparse them with your vajras trick attack, as its impossible to reach without a mythic, just to next day having a ss in ffxiah with you beating them.

So hes the only one to post rudras screenshots? Or the only person to like epeen? If the content mattered then those other 2 THFs would have probably been similarly well geared, if not then epeen doesn't matter. I'll mess with people occasionally but if you have 3 THFs in a group its kind of mandatory they work together or you risk killing the whole reason why THF has become a high tier DD.

Edit: Should probably add that if the others don't have Vajra then he'll outparse them whatever so its somewhat irrelevant.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-29 02:08:00  
Asura.Devdas said: »
When and why are you waiting for 300TP to WS ever unless you are starting a fight with 300TP, in which case you should be Bully -> SA -> Rudras, or you are setting up Aftermath?

If you are starting a fight with 300% tp, unless you are the only person there do not do this.

Use TA, not bully SA, put hate on someone else so you can SA the mob while it is on someone else. Then go back to TA and continue to do that until you are the tank, that way you save your bully. There is absolutely no reason to pop bully just because your timer is ready.

Do it your way and you only get 1 SA off, then you can keep popping your TA over and over but you are capped hate, meaning your DPS drops because you have the damn thing facing you.

Edit: Alex You know I will take you to a group, idc if you want to war. I took a geo as stun at Tojil today, I could care less what jobs go.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 02:18:09  
Siren.Seiri said: »

So hes the only one to post rudras screenshots? Or the only person to like epeen? If the content mattered then those other 2 THFs would have probably been similarly well geared, if not then epeen doesn't matter. I'll mess with people occasionally but if you have 3 THFs in a group its kind of mandatory they work together or you risk killing the whole reason why THF has become a high tier DD.

Who is talking about rudras?

If hes the only or not, whats your point?

Actually, its exactly because he isnt the only one who likes that makes no sense favoring him to trick attack.

Now, for sure valli is the only pathetic person that cant figure something that obvious, write a bunch of bull in ls chat, ss and post in ffxiah implicit saying "look! They are bad thfs! They didnt allow me to win parse!"

Give me a break.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 02:35:17  

Who is talking about rudras?

If hes the only or not, whats your point?

Actually, its exactly because he isnt the only one who likes that makes no sense favoring him to trick attack.

Now, for sure valli is the only pathetic person that cant figure something that obvious, write a bunch of bull in ls chat, ss and post in ffxiah implicit saying "look! They are bad thfs! They didnt allow me to win parse!"

Give me a break.

From my perspective it just looks like you're pursuing a grudge. Perhaps posting it here wasn't the best place for it but imo it serves as a good example about what DOES gimp parties - people not working together.

Whether or not they wanted to deny him a parse win (probably not, or if he's as bad as you think he'd not party with them) they were gimping the party kill speed by dodging the trick attack. Thus it has some relevance.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 02:42:52  
From my perspective it just looks like you're pursuing a grudge.

Yeah, right.

Because its me who post stupid ss.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-29 02:48:12  
All i was merely doing was proving my point. people move. It's hilarious if you think they don't. I only ever embarrassed charlo, ,cause he deserved it.

I've never posted a parse with other peoples names. 99% of the time i don't even bother parsing anymore.

The difference between a stacked rudra and a missed rudra is around 60k damage... worth mentioning when someone moves and screws it up. FOR THE PARTY. not the person doing the rudra.

I laughed when they did it, i was on vent. just lols.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 02:57:21  
All i was merely doing was proving my point. people move. It's hilarious if you think they don't. I only ever embarrassed charlo, ,cause he deserved it.

I've never posted a parse with other peoples names. 99% of the time i don't even bother parsing anymore.

The difference between a stacked rudra and a missed rudra is around 60k damage... worth mentioning when someone moves and screws it up. FOR THE PARTY. not the person doing the rudra.

Idc whether he was right about u doing the humiliation stuff or not man, just trying to highlight why he was being silly.

The rudras dmg part is about in line with what I said though.
 Asura.Alexandero
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-01-29 09:53:04  
Asura.Celoria said: »

If you are starting a fight with 300% tp, unless you are the only person there do not do this.

Use TA, not bully SA, put hate on someone else so you can SA the mob while it is on someone else. Then go back to TA and continue to do that until you are the tank, that way you save your bully. There is absolutely no reason to pop bully just because your timer is ready.

Do it your way and you only get 1 SA off, then you can keep popping your TA over and over but you are capped hate, meaning your DPS drops because you have the damn thing facing you.

Edit: Alex You know I will take you to a group, idc if you want to war. I took a geo as stun at Tojil today, I could care less what jobs go.

I can vouch that Celoria knows her THF. She is always the top parser in every run I'm in.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-01-29 10:02:45  

Victory?

Isn't the whole point of a group to kill stuff? Why would you make your group kill slower? It makes no sense.

FFXI is a PVE game, why do you guys have to create competition at all cost where there isn't?

If you can't parse over 50% of a full alliance when you're the good player, you're not even worth mentioning. This guy is doing nothing special, just move on if you can't stand it.
 Sylph.Ticu
サーバ: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-01-29 11:26:01  
Asura.Alexandero said: »

I can vouch that Celoria knows her THF. She is always the top parser in every run I'm in.

I hear that Sek guy is real good at thfing.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-01-29 11:30:30  
why the *** would someone sit there just for you to increase your dps, thus favoring a direct competitor, garanteed victory is sure?
You're also assuming everyone is battling for epeen. I can assure you this isn't the case. While I do feel good about a good parse if someone bothers recording it doesn't make me leave with less if I either don't win or don't know. A dead mob is a dead mob regardless of numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-29 11:30:48  
Sylph.Ticu said: »

There is about 50 different people with the prefix "Sek" in there name on Asura.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-01-29 11:31:27  
Use TA, not bully SA, put hate on someone else so you can SA the mob while it is on someone else.

The moment you SA WS at any point in the fight you'll be capping on hate and "tanking" just as much as any other person at capped hate. Also I wouldn't put geo in the sub-optimal area for stunning when they are being used as main stunners in incursion so your anecdote is a bit useless but more power to you in bringing whatever you want to events you do.
 Sylph.Ticu
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-01-29 11:38:28  

There is about 50 different people with the prefix "Sek" in there name on Asura.

But there is only one "Sek".
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-29 11:46:41  
Asura.Loire said: »
Use TA, not bully SA, put hate on someone else so you can SA the mob while it is on someone else.

The moment you SA WS at any point in the fight you'll be capping on hate and "tanking" just as much as any other person at capped hate. Also I wouldn't put geo in the sub-optimal area for stunning when they are being used as main stunners in incursion so your anecdote is a bit useless but more power to you in bringing whatever you want to events you do.

Hmm.... Gee then I must not be activating SA when I do what I said I was doing. Makes me wonder where all that massive dmg comes from. Oh yeah I know, 175%+ Tp on that TA Rudra on someone else vs 125% SA, prevents me from pulling hate and tanking for a while. Also I know "optimal" set ups. A guy told me he could stun on geo he had a 9 second recast fully buffed, I said f' it why not. Just because you only use optimtal set ups and don't broaden your horizons doesn't mean it isn't possible. I have seen yorcia delve go down without a sam in pt. Does that mean it hasn't happened because it isn't "Optimal?" No it means I took the groups that needed the win and got them the wins on the jobs they had. Took a guy on whm yesterday that didn't have any of the curaga spells and didn't have any of the delve wins, we won... 1/1 didn't have to go twice. Didn't wipe, and one of our DD was wearing sparks gear/gkt.

The elitest ***needs to stop, I see "elitest" all the time that only go optimal party set ups. As Alex has seen, and so many others on Asura server I parse high dmg, but due to loloptimal setups and people not thinking things through I can't go to a party that is looking for DD because they "already have a thf." Common sense says that is stupid in itself, that is without knowing about my thf dmg, even not knowing my thf taking another sparks gear thf can net better dmg than most people. I got bored and decked my thf out in Sandung/twilight knife with aurore gear and a bunch of trash accessories with no gear changing for ws or tp, I was still popping out 20k rudra stactked and 10k unstacked. (I later went /lockstyle in aurore just to screw with people that didn't know me in delve, tenzen, and AAHM)

You don't need optimal to get wins, the game isn't what it once was. And as for, "The moment you SA WS at any point in the fight you'll be capping on hate and "tanking" just as much as any other person at capped hate." That is horseshit too, don't go popping 300% rudra on a SA and you won't. Putting more dmg on your TA's will prevent you from pulling hate for a while, if ever.

Think I might have played with him, if I remember he was alright.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-01-29 12:26:09  
Asura.Loire said: »

Hmm.... Gee then I must not be activating SA when I do what I said I was doing. Makes me wonder where all that massive dmg comes from. Oh yeah I know, 175%+ Tp on that TA Rudra on someone else vs 125% SA, prevents me from pulling hate and tanking for a while. Also I know "optimal" set ups. A guy told me he could stun on geo he had a 9 second recast fully buffed, I said f' it why not. Just because you only use optimtal set ups and don't broaden your horizons doesn't mean it isn't possible. I have seen yorcia delve go down without a sam in pt. Does that mean it hasn't happened because it isn't "Optimal?" No it means I took the groups that needed the win and got them the wins on the jobs they had. Took a guy on whm yesterday that didn't have any of the curaga spells and didn't have any of the delve wins, we won... 1/1 didn't have to go twice. Didn't wipe, and one of our DD was wearing sparks gear/gkt.

The elitest ***needs to stop, I see "elitest" all the time that only go optimal party set ups. As Alex has seen, and so many others on Asura server I parse high dmg, but due to loloptimal setups and people not thinking things through I can't go to a party that is looking for DD because they "already have a thf." Common sense says that is stupid in itself, that is without knowing about my thf dmg, even not knowing my thf taking another sparks gear thf can net better dmg than most people. I got bored and decked my thf out in Sandung/twilight knife with aurore gear and a bunch of trash accessories with no gear changing for ws or tp, I was still popping out 20k rudra stactked and 10k unstacked. (I later went /lockstyle in aurore just to screw with people that didn't know me in delve, tenzen, and AAHM)

You don't need optimal to get wins, the game isn't what it once was. And as for, "The moment you SA WS at any point in the fight you'll be capping on hate and "tanking" just as much as any other person at capped hate." That is horseshit too, don't go popping 300% rudra on a SA and you won't. Putting more dmg on your TA's will prevent you from pulling hate for a while, if ever.

Think I might have played with him, if I remember he was alright.
That was an adorable and entertaining tirade of salt but none of that was implied by my posting. As much as you are complaining that its horseshit, mechanically it is highly likely to be the case regardless of the ta ws used beforehand, less its implied you aren't doing white dmg to the mob in between or your rudras are suffering that much of a penalty on damage. Throwing assumptions to party structure for what us "elitist" bring to the table is fantastic, be forewarned though most of us never touch a PuG for things in this game.

I do applaud you and your need for validation from your peers as they pertain to you and your thf though. Oh and it is creative idea using lockstyle to grab attention from them too.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-29 12:34:18  
This thread was started for OP's question about WAR in end-game events. If you guys want to circlejerk about THF, I'm almost positive that there's an entire forum dedicated to it on this site.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-29 12:42:14  
In all seriosuness, I just noticed this was posted in the WAR forums, and not THF. I just read a few comments from people and assumed it was a THF discussion. lol.

Shame on me for playing the part of derailing this discussion. Sorry alex.
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-29 13:07:12  
I give up with Liore, obviously he can't understand simple concepts, nor game mechanics. Most likely if he is ever on thf he is tanking and thinking he is highest dmg while another thf is utilizing both TA and SA instead of SA bully rudra only. The point of being a DD is to maximize your dmg while still getting the job done, hence the reason we have -pdt/-mdt, acc, low acc tp, and ws sets. Also thf can use both SA and TA for dmg boost. Not just one of them.

Yes i used the word elitest, I use that term as a meaning for people that use the term optimal, or people that think they are top end players and don't use a lick of common sense when gearing/playing jobs. You for example don't know how to properly utilize thf yet you want to tell people what they are doing is wrong or how you think that popping SA rudra is guaranteed tank time.

This lack of thinking about what you say before typing it out is pretty obvious as well. If you aren't doing whute dmg to build to a rudra, no matter how you want to start the fight 0% or 300%, is lack luster in thought process. First off if you aren't doing white dmg you aren't really a DD, and with people that know my thf is a potent DD i am obviously doing white dmg which kills your case for me not being a DD in white dmg. As for starting a 300% TA rudra and popping a 30k+ rudra on someone else's hate list plus their ws and thier white dmg, it puts them even further up the hate list than you.

If you are pulling hate on thf right away then you are doing thf wrong. Unless it is fodder you should be mitigating that hate elsewhere. 5/5 your TA merits and keep hate off yourself as long as possible saving bully for when you can no longer move around the mob for SA. TA others. I can do a delve run and be 50% of the party dmg with 2 other dd in party and not pull hate until about 40-50% of nm hp. At that put piercing weakness kicks in and it doesn't even matter if you SATA anymore you pretty much pull hate.

edit: I lockstye for attention, is that the same thing everyone does in town with their "town gear" get off your high horse.
 Asura.Pooks
user: Pooks
By Asura.Pooks 2015-01-29 13:19:55  
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-01-29 13:35:55  
Quote:
edit: I lockstye for attention, is that the same thing everyone does in town with their "town gear" get off your high horse.
This brings up the most important point. Warrior gets access to the best lockstyle sets with Kaiser, Armada, Valkyrie, Sky gear, Hecatomb, etc. How can you gimp a party when you bring the job with easily an S tier lockstyle?
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-01-29 14:03:46  
I give up with Liore, obviously he can't understand simple concepts, nor game mechanics. Most likely if he is ever on thf he is tanking and thinking he is highest dmg while another thf is utilizing both TA and SA instead of SA bully rudra only. The point of being a DD is to maximize your dmg while still getting the job done, hence the reason we have -pdt/-mdt, acc, low acc tp, and ws sets. Also thf can use both SA and TA for dmg boost. Not just one of them.

Yes i used the word elitest, I use that term as a meaning for people that use the term optimal, or people that think they are top end players and don't use a lick of common sense when gearing/playing jobs. You for example don't know how to properly utilize thf yet you want to tell people what they are doing is wrong or how you think that popping SA rudra is guaranteed tank time.

This lack of thinking about what you say before typing it out is pretty obvious as well. If you aren't doing whute dmg to build to a rudra, no matter how you want to start the fight 0% or 300%, is lack luster in thought process. First off if you aren't doing white dmg you aren't really a DD, and with people that know my thf is a potent DD i am obviously doing white dmg which kills your case for me not being a DD in white dmg. As for starting a 300% TA rudra and popping a 30k+ rudra on someone else's hate list plus their ws and thier white dmg, it puts them even further up the hate list than you.

If you are pulling hate on thf right away then you are doing thf wrong. Unless it is fodder you should be mitigating that hate elsewhere. 5/5 your TA merits and keep hate off yourself as long as possible saving bully for when you can no longer move around the mob for SA. TA others. I can do a delve run and be 50% of the party dmg with 2 other dd in party and not pull hate until about 40-50% of nm hp. At that put piercing weakness kicks in and it doesn't even matter if you SATA anymore you pretty much pull hate.

The personal attacks and straw man arguments are really educating. I am happy that this discussion can be gratifying for you with all the grandiose assumptions you've been throwing around. The underlying mechanic of capping hate on not only yourself but also the other DD seems a bit lost here now so I'll concede to your superior proof of concept

And to the edit, they are doing it for attention with town gear just as much as you are with your lockstyle. Though taking further steps as you did implies something else too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-29 14:13:03  
Can't you guys take it out of the thread? I mean, it would really be easy for you two to go in the game and duke it out there...
By Blazed1979 2015-01-29 14:40:44  
wAR so gimp a thread about it turns into a thread about another job... and lolthf of all jobs... the times they have changed.