Disabling Mouse?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » disabling mouse?
disabling mouse?
By Zackan 2014-12-31 12:09:35  
I keep having issues with the mouse when I tab away from the game.

I am a pure keyboard player and only use the mouse outside of the game.

My question is how do I Disable the mouse from Windower? I have 'enable hardware mouse' unselected from ffxiconfig. But I have found windower settings don't necessarily agree with ffxiconfig anyway.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-31 12:15:13  
One of the things I love about running multiple instances in their own VMs, as I never got that to work properly otherwise.
By Zackan 2014-12-31 13:19:57  
Yah unfortunately I am reduced to playing 2 accounts on the same screen,

Bump I am still looking for an answer this is bugging me alot
By Crevox 2014-12-31 13:24:19  
You can try typing this into the Windower console, but not sure if it will help you:
Code
mouse_blockinput 1

Replace 1 with 0 to turn it off
By Zackan 2014-12-31 15:25:01  
Crevox said: »
You can try typing this into the Windower console, but not sure if it will help you:
Code
mouse_blockinput 1

i did that and my mouse in game still moves around and is useable.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-31 15:27:20  
Last time I tried putting that in the console, it crashed on me. Was pretty funny.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-01 02:39:01  
You can try to make an add-on with only this line: windower.register_event('mouse', function() return true end)
By Zackan 2015-01-01 04:23:29  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
You can try to make an add-on with only this line: windower.register_event('mouse', function() return true end)

sorry my coding sucks... How do I make an addon?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-01 04:58:35  
Disconnect the mouse.
By Zackan 2015-01-01 11:13:31  
Pantafernando said: »
Disconnect the mouse.

No, in case my OP wasn't clear. my issue is NOT while I am playing, My issue is when I change to a different window, i.e. to browse the internet.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-01 11:21:11  
Like I said: I do it by running XI in their own VMs.

VMware workstation (player should suffice)
windows 7x64 vm 2GB of ram each, default cpu settings
have 3d acceleration enabled
once installed, install vmware tools
load some basic stuff like MSE, 7zip

turn down or off UAC

XI, updates, windower

then I can foward the controller to a specific VM (I have 3 controllers hooked up to my desktop, each to their own VM).

you can lock the resolution of each one, and have it to where it doesn't change with window size or if you minimize it, which pretty much reduces XI crashes (like say if you hit ctrl+alt+del in your host OS.

I keep my VMs on a separate drive from my main OS, as I have a second drive.

This is on my PC so I have each on each monitor usually, and to switch between I just have to hit the VMware hottbutton (ctrl+alt) then I can use alt+tab (otherwise it would do it in the VM) and or I hit the hotbutton and then I can click in the other VM, as I have it set to take focus on a click (I could probably get a usb keyboard for each VM and assign it as well, I have the USB ports, but deskspace, yo).

It's not that efficient, but I like it.
By Zackan 2015-01-01 12:51:26  
Jetackuu said: »
Like I said: I do it by running XI in their own VMs.

VMware workstation (player should suffice)
windows 7x64 vm 2GB of ram each, default cpu settings
have 3d acceleration enabled
once installed, install vmware tools
load some basic stuff like MSE, 7zip

turn down or off UAC

XI, updates, windower

then I can foward the controller to a specific VM (I have 3 controllers hooked up to my desktop, each to their own VM).

you can lock the resolution of each one, and have it to where it doesn't change with window size or if you minimize it, which pretty much reduces XI crashes (like say if you hit ctrl+alt+del in your host OS.

I keep my VMs on a separate drive from my main OS, as I have a second drive.

This is on my PC so I have each on each monitor usually, and to switch between I just have to hit the VMware hottbutton (ctrl+alt) then I can use alt+tab (otherwise it would do it in the VM) and or I hit the hotbutton and then I can click in the other VM, as I have it set to take focus on a click (I could probably get a usb keyboard for each VM and assign it as well, I have the USB ports, but deskspace, yo).

It's not that efficient, but I like it.

2 video monitors 1 Tower right?

Well I can make this a goal, but I don't have a second Monitor at this time.
By Jetackuu 2015-01-01 12:56:27  
Actually I have 3, I'd get a 4th but I'd need another video card to do more than 3.

You can do it with a single monitor, just a bit more annoying to switch between windows, just none of the twirling nonsense.
 Phoenix.Jmb
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jb5299
By Phoenix.Jmb 2015-01-01 13:02:52  
The Twirling can be tun off by turning of edge panning in config/mouse/camera setting ingame
[+]
 Shiva.Olerud
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Olerud 2015-01-02 00:31:45  
Zackan said: »
Code
mouse_blockinput 1

Try putting
mouse_blockinput 1
in your Windower\scripts\init.txt and see if that works. Would more than likely need to restart or do this before launching Windower.
By Zackan 2015-01-02 00:35:05  
Phoenix.Jmb said: »
The Twirling can be tun off by turning of edge panning in config/mouse/camera setting ingame

i will try this and advice that followed.

and this is a good description of the problem I am asking about
By Zackan 2015-01-02 01:05:36  
Shiva.Olerud said: »
Zackan said: »
Code
mouse_blockinput 1

Try putting
mouse_blockinput 1
in your Windower\scripts\init.txt and see if that works. Would more than likely need to restart or do this before launching Windower.

I just type that into a new line and thats it? i did it and nothing seems to have changed. my character still starts running in circles when i go to a new screen
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2015 days between previous and next post]
By Livideous 2020-07-08 15:11:08  
I'm not sure if this would be of any help 5 years later, but this is a top google result so maybe it will help others in the future. I'm not exactly sure if Windower has access to the command, but on Ashita at least there is a command; /blockmouse. This command blocks all input from the mouse, but will display it on screen whenever it's actively being used(moved around). Again, I would not normally reply to a 5 year old post, but it was a top google result when I googled the issue for Ashita so hopefully this will help someone.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [121 days between previous and next post]
By Rinuko 2020-11-06 13:44:46  
Livideous said: »
I'm not sure if this would be of any help 5 years later, but this is a top google result so maybe it will help others in the future. I'm not exactly sure if Windower has access to the command, but on Ashita at least there is a command; /blockmouse. This command blocks all input from the mouse, but will display it on screen whenever it's actively being used(moved around). Again, I would not normally reply to a 5 year old post, but it was a top google result when I googled the issue for Ashita so hopefully this will help someone.

I just followed Arcon suggestion, I uploaded it to my github, if anyone want to use it themselves:

https://github.com/joso33/windower-blockmouse