フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Wanted NM Party Setups
Wanted NM Party Setups
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 21:14:34  
Can't find any information on some of the harder ones. Does anyone know a decent party setup for Joyous Green? Looking to finish off the list and get the NM killed at least once. Still have Lumberjill, Strix and Arke left to do. Thanks for any tips.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-12-04 21:27:43  
Arke seemed too easy with SAM/THF/BRDx2/COR/WHM. An overkill setup but a lesser setup can work easy also. I haven't done any other NMs besides valk emperor so I cannot say much.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 21:30:15  
BLU BRD - DOnt need a 3rd bar actual SE inflicted pop requirements.

Every NM thus far has been a complete joke.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 21:33:03  
I found Emperor tough because we went in with DD and no PLD. Switched to a PLD RNG setup and it was a breeze. Just wondering if Joyous Green can be taken down with a dd dd dd brd cor whm setup, a tank/ranger setup, or if it's too weak to matter.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 21:41:33  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I found Emperor tough because we went in with DD and no PLD. Switched to a PLD RNG setup and it was a breeze. Just wondering if Joyous Green can be taken down with a dd dd dd brd cor whm setup, a tank/ranger setup, or if it's too weak to matter.

Emporer was the first one I tried, Makira cured me 4 times.

How your DD's got owned is beyond me.

As this is the case no party set up will help, your group needs to seriously up their game if they're struggling on these lol Weak NM's.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 21:45:18  
I'm not looking for a put down on a fight, whether or not my DD sucked or I sucked or whatever, I am looking for some information on the NM I have yet to attempt. "Suck less" does not help.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 21:49:04  
I'm not looking for a put down on a fight, whether or not my DD sucked or I sucked or whatever, I am looking for some information on the NM I have yet to attempt. "Suck less" does not help.

I didn't say "Suckless" I said, theyre duoable so a Set up is DD WHM~ Support.

That should be all you need.

If you need more, follow the pattern repeat.

Hint~ /nin works well and if they can't keep shadows up, then yes it's going to cause you an issue.

Its like a WHM who can't cure/curaga promptly or a BRD who cant manage songs. If its a Gearcheck issue, well then! Go get better gear before trying to do Content they're stuggling on.
Not its not the nicest response.
But its a fact, if they're not ready, don't put yourself through the headache, make them get better gear then you will find it more enjoyable when it's not "too hard".

The only real issue you should have is Accuracy ~ anything else is lolwhat.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 21:54:18  
Well I did that fight in a PUG, so it was full of random people with very bad gear. I had zero idea how it would work, so nobody came /nin, and we had no WHM. We were torn apart by it's enwater, and yeah, once DD started dropping we had no choice but to change jobs to accommodate. You have to remember, you are not on the same level as the players I tend to do things with. You have a Mythic SAM (congrats btw), you play with people who know you and know how to play the game with their eyes closed. They have super fast reactions and know exactly how to deal with everything. I am lucky if I know how a NM works, because at least then I can guide these players and ask them for stuff.

I am looking for someone who has defeated Joyous Green in a party setup. Not a duo. I want to do this as a fun event, but I don't want to take a setup that could end in failure.

If Joyous Green is so easily downed by a DD setup, then tell me how. Is its moves easy to deal with? What does it do? Does it have any nasty moves to look out for? Will a WHM be essential?

Also I don't have a choice but to do these things in PUGs. I don't have time to run with an event ls. I don't get enough time to play the game.

Edit: I can't wait around and accept the best of the best, I have to take anyone who is willing because the server is dead half the time.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:00:15  
Asking for an idiot Proof set up for inferior players?
RNG burn it and be done.

Sorry I can't condone using a "Easy Set up because I have ***people to play with" I completely understand it makes things difficult (we've been there) and I said BLU I never use SAM for these NM's.

Honestyly NIN WHM BRD would be more than enough if your nin is good.

High Eva
Good White Damage
High Accuracy compared to other jobs ~

None of these nms have anything Damaging, ninja east 99.99% of things. and the WHM comment, a SCH or RDM might cut it but WHM has Better - Emnity and Near Infinite MP depending upon what lolPUGDD you get.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:01:46  
If its PUG try

WHM DD/nin DD/nin Support x3

Good Luck getting that in a PUG though.

You have to remember, you are not on the same level as the players I tend to do things with. You have a Mythic SAM (congrats btw)

Lol Thanks but my Ego doesn't need building up more than it already is =P

Seriously though it's like asking "if we assume I take idiots, whats jobs do I need?"

Its like 50 people at shark all die, and a SCH solos it.

You only need a SCH.

But 50 idiots are still idiots....
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 22:03:13  
Suppose all I can do is get the people and ask for 119 DD. It means yelling for another hour or two .. but at least I won't waste all those accolades I could have got in the time it took for me to yell. :(
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:04:46  
Suppose all I can do is get the people and ask for 119 DD. It means yelling for another hour or two .. but at least I won't waste all those accolades I could have got in the time it took for me to yell. :(

This isn't 119 content to be fair, 119 DD should be the Min requirement.

Just send me a tell in game (I'm back Monday) and we can go Trio them all~
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-04 22:04:52  
If you can't get a brd, try cor or sch. The cor can be naked as long as he/she gives hunters/chaos.

I second the notion of using NIN or perhaps DNC for these. Really, just a few heals and some acc+ and you should be fine.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 22:05:25  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
If its PUG try

WHM DD/nin DD/nin Support x3

Good Luck getting that in a PUG though.

You have to remember, you are not on the same level as the players I tend to do things with. You have a Mythic SAM (congrats btw)

Lol Thanks but my Ego doesn't need building up more than it already is =P

Seriously though it's like asking "if we assume I take idiots, whats jobs do I need?"

Its like 50 people at shark all die, and a SCH solos it.

You only need a SCH.

But 50 idiots are still idiots....

Ok maybe I should ask, what are the best party setups for the average joe? Because you know, I might get one or two decent players, but the rest are going to be there because I was yelling for 5 hours and no one else would bite.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 22:07:18  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
If you can't get a brd, try cor or sch. The cor can be naked as long as he/she gives hunters/chaos.

I second the notion of using NIN or perhaps DNC for these. Really, just a few heals and some acc+ and you should be fine.

I do know a DNC, and I have COR. Maybe I should focus my party setups around that. Find a BRD and WHM, get some decent DD .. perhaps.

Still would be cool to know what these NMs do, no information on them anywhere.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:07:43  
I was yelling for 5 hours and no one else would bite.

This is the Key issue, 1 hander DD's seem to excel in High Acc situations DNC THF NIN Easily the easiest ways (NIN and DNC being Kings here).

if you are shouting 5+ hours, then setups aint gunna help, we need more players

COME JOIN CERBERUS GUYS!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:08:43  

I have never seen them use anything detrimental, at 50% the Valk emporer gets super evasive, but thats about it.

Oh and a few gain Defense + (Artho) or Attack +

All these nms are remakes of the originals, ust check those out to see what these do.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-04 22:08:49  
Fan Dance, if fully merited, can help mitigate damage from most, barring dispel moves.

It isn't paladin but it can work if geared fairly well. Step debuffs and acc bonus can allow it to hit, plus TP heals can help keep it up when other DDs may go down.

Also, don't forget about Rune Fencer!

/shameless rune plug
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 22:09:08  

This is the Key issue, 1 hander DD's seem to excel in High Acc situations DNC THF NIN Easily the easiest ways (NIN and DNC being Kings here).

COME JOIN CERBERUS GUYS!

Been saying for at least two years that we need a merger. Back in the days of Neo Nyzul I put that forward. How awesome would it be to have a decent number of players to play with again.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:10:20  

COME JOIN CERBERUS GUYS!

Been saying for at least two years that we need a merger. Back in the days of Neo Nyzul I put that forward. How awesome would it be to have a decent number of players again to play with.

I'd be happier if SE just stopped blocking my card for 3 days after paying trying to pay for my accounts.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-04 22:10:22  
Arke wasn't bad I went as brd whm rdm sam and wrecked it all support being sparks geared and brd only 2 song due to pure lazy on my part if that helps
[+]
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-04 22:11:01  

I have never seen them use anything detrimental, at 50% the Valk emporer gets super evasive, but thats about it.

All these nms are remakes of the originals, ust check those out to see what these do.
Valk Imp gets evasion each droning it does. Wears off either after some period of time or after a certain tp move.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-04 22:11:05  
Arke just spams elegy and is a giant overgrown Simurgh.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-12-04 22:11:22  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Arke wasn't bad I went as brd whm rdm sam and wrecked it all support being sparks geared and brd only 2 song due to pure lazy on my part if that helps

Cheers dude.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:11:23  
+

Its a Bird, Just RNG or THF it to Death
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-12-04 22:12:19  

From what my group put together we think it was Debilitating Drone that ups his evasion, but we weren't 100% sure.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-04 22:12:50  
Asura.Loire said: »

Valk emp gets evasion each droning it does. Wears off either after some period of time or after a certain tp move.

Indeed however its hardly a groundbreaking mechanic, more the fact none of them have anything particularly detrimental if you think 75 cap /nin for everything days
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-04 22:14:05  
+

4 step takes it down to 55% area even with my average sam
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-04 22:14:49  
+

4 step takes it down to 55% area even with my average sam

A lot of sam make baby kittens cry and just spam fudo though.
First Page 2