make it dead...(without dying)

in other news, drop rate sux
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-12-02 08:45:01  
4/14 my *** .
we went 1/23 2 days ago and 2/13 yesterday.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-02 09:09:29  
Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
4/14 my *** .
we went 1/23 2 days ago and 2/13 yesterday.

My party went 4/10. It's not impossible.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-02 09:16:21  
I was the ergon run. It was 4/14. The thing that's annoying about these NMs is when they decide to drop nothing or an elemental Ore. The Diremite wasn't so bad and had a drop everytime. In the 14 runs only thing of significance to drop were the respite cloaks. We had an instance of two in a row but the other two were once every 4th or 5th fight. One thing that stood out was when the cloak dropped it was always when three items dropped and was always in the last slot.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-12-02 09:40:42  
I did 20 diremite a few days ago and we saw 4 belts and 0 cloaks. Had 2 kills where nothing dropped at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 10:07:36  
Actually don't know what's rarer drop: the cloak or the sash. In 14 runs, we didn't see one sash. Ore appeared to drop frequently, along with some misc. scroll like Sentinel's scherzo/indi-malaise etc. If it matters, we had 2 THF on it, and one was purely for TH proccing, though that doesn't seem to explain why the sash had not dropped.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-02 10:12:44  
Remember everyone, statistics doesn't care about your individual drop rates. Every drop is an independent calculation. I could go 0/100 or 100/100 these are both entirely possible, just incredibly unlikely and after going 0/100 I am no more likely to get a drop on the next one than I was on the previous 100.

This special notice brought to you by the R.N.G
By Heimdel 2014-12-02 10:37:44  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
It's laughably easy with 2 PLD and a THF with trusts. Hate reset is the main thing to worry about, as well as high evasion. We were making 3-step darkness and it took around 5 minutes to kill (Chant > Req > Rudra's). Went about 1/5 on the cloak.

Edit: Doesn't use the HP=1 move, and resets hate after Filament Hold IIRC (might be another TP move), and it spams Hundred Fists.
So it's pretty much Arch Awahondo
Which trust though?
 Asura.Kaoriasada
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-08 11:59:50  
Heimdel said: »
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
It's laughably easy with 2 PLD and a THF with trusts. Hate reset is the main thing to worry about, as well as high evasion. We were making 3-step darkness and it took around 5 minutes to kill (Chant > Req > Rudra's). Went about 1/5 on the cloak.

Edit: Doesn't use the HP=1 move, and resets hate after Filament Hold IIRC (might be another TP move), and it spams Hundred Fists.
So it's pretty much Arch Awahondo
Which trust though?

Probably some kinds of bards or support roles.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-08 12:26:32  
Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
parsing 2-3 min kill with sam cor thf pld brd whm .

wildfire owns it while generating very low enmity . next time we going to bring 2 cors instead of the sam.

Just tried this NM last night, yeah wildfire works nice.
Brought a sam,thf,cor,whm,geo , killed it with fudo/rudras/wildfire spam with light&dark sc's randomly going off.

Hunter+Allies Roll+Sushi and melee tp set for WoH CP party seemed more than sufficient.

Had a yagrush whm erase right as the filament slow went off and it still did hundredfist but its still pretty easy to cure through.

On cor I had hate like 30% of the time ,standing opposite of the sam and tanking it wasnt that scary, whm cureIV totally kept up with incoming damage.

Only way someone would die to this is if your whm is busy redoing haste or something when it decides to go nuts and gets lucky with hits and you dont turn away.
There's enough ws frequency in a decent party that your other dd should be able to pull hate off whoever is currently beating on if someone gets in trouble.

1 cloak 4 belts out of 8 pops.
I prefer doing these NMs than the unity ones that you have to grind accolades for.