users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Respite Cloak Farming
Respite Cloak Farming
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-01 08:41:08  
Can anyone give me any details about this NM that drops this cloak? For instance, PI drop rate, and roughly how difficult this NM can be (for instance, can it be solo'd by a BLU with trusts, or Duo'd with trusts etc), if this NM requires a PLD or something. I have read the BG page for the NM, but no strat or player testimonials have been suggested for how to beat this. Any details would be good to have (any severe debuffs or insane evasion).

Also, any people on Lakshmi looking to do this NM anytime today, I'm gonna be trying to get a group for it. thx homies
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-01 09:03:09  
Furious Arundmite drops it. He probably uses the HP=1 TP move, so I recommend using blink tanks. His pop item has about a 25% drop rate off the nearby Diremites.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2014-12-01 09:05:43  
It's laughably easy with 2 PLD and a THF with trusts. Hate reset is the main thing to worry about, as well as high evasion. We were making 3-step darkness and it took around 5 minutes to kill (Chant > Req > Rudra's). Went about 1/5 on the cloak.

Edit: Doesn't use the HP=1 move, and resets hate after Filament Hold IIRC (might be another TP move), and it spams Hundred Fists.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 09:08:03  
PI drop is like... 20%ish

Gonna say you can't solo it with trust, Duo w/ PLD though. Just takes a while.

Does not use Tarsal Slam. (the throat stab hp1 move).
Quite easy to kill, Hundred fists will likely kill you solo BLU.

Something like 2/30 On the cloak.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-01 09:09:55  
Cloak drop rate is 15% drop rate (http://www.ffxidb.com/items/27857)

I don't know why the NM itself gives me a server error.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 09:30:07  
DB is always screwed up in some way or another. Quite a few mobs don't even show up. A bunch give the error you're talking about. Some just go to a blank page.

I don't even bother looking at it anymore.
By Giaden 2014-12-01 09:30:49  
Pretty easy nm for the most part. Only problem is really high Eva. I've been farming this pretty regularly. Typical party set up is:
Brd
Pld
Whm
DDX3 - Decent Acc set (above 1050)
The pop items aren't bad to get, they drop off the local spiders, drop rate isn't bad at all. Maybe 25%?
His drop rate is pretty horrible. Even with a thf, it can take upwards of 10+ pops to see one cloak.
He likes to cast slow and pop Hundred fist right afterwards. He hits pretty hard(at least against normal melee).
Long as the DDs watch there hate and have proper PDT sets, they can survive for a few if they pull hate.
You could do it low man, maybe 3 people, but it would take a long time. Doing it solo, again possible, but the time it would take, for the drop rate, wouldn't be worth it.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-01 09:39:25  
Does the new nms sucetible to stuns?

Also, do they have despawn time like delve outside nms?
By Zoltar 2014-12-01 09:40:21  
Typical party setup can handle this guy. To make it easy, bring a couple sams, pld, healer and two supports (geo and brd/cor)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 09:42:27  
Never seen it depop, or heard of depop, but it does have a Rage timer supposedly.

Never brought a stunner, dunno~ it's really easy, stunning not required at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-01 09:48:35  
Thanks for the info. I'll be organizing this periodically throughout the day. If on Lakshmi and have interest, PST.
[+]
 Sylph.Xodia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-12-01 09:56:27  
Rage timer is about 20mins, youl need enough dps to kill it before then last time i went we had PLD(me) RUN THF COR SCH BRD went down fairly easily and smoothly hate bouncing between me and the RUN. the minimum we did it with was 5 when our thf had to go so the run changed and we did it PLD THF COR BRD SCH, Cor really speeds up the fight btw avg 1/5 cloak with TH. I was using a hybrid PDTacc set on pld and my Cdc were doing 2-3500s i had to fully turtle for HF though and could still hit NM with sole+1 and buffs In full DT.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2014-12-01 11:05:44  
Rage timer seemed random for us. Before we had a strategy for it, our kills would take 30 minutes without any indications of raging, but we had one that hit the 20 minute mark and raged instantly.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-01 11:17:35  
Keep seeing people recommending pld, which I found worse than just DD tanking on sam. If you switch to seigan third eye use the fight is rather trival. Sam whm brd thf geo were more than enough to take it down safely in a reasonably quick fashion. Use a high acc set that has a splash of pdt, have the brd or thf do a quick extenterator at the start, geo does frailty and torpor, brd was four song for 2 mad and 2 march while landing elegy. Whm plus brd were triboxed and the geo was dualboxed. I'd imagine five real people killing faster/safer.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 11:27:11  
PLD is idiot-proof. Not everyone has the same things available.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-01 11:28:56  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
PLD is idiot-proof. Not everyone has the same things available.
Correct but in this case pld will do worse on maintaining hate on this mob due to the hate reset. Playing turtle on sam will end the fight much quicker producing less chances to *** up.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-01 11:35:17  
Gonna have to disagree with you. But, no hard feelings.

Typical SAM just isn't capable of things they should be. One of them being wearing PDT, let alone asking them to Seigan instead of Hasso.

Know your group, if your DD can pull it off, fine, lucky you. If not, pick up that PLD, and win for sure.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2014-12-01 11:39:31  
2 PLD and a THF with trusts takes us 5 minutes. A 3-step dark skillchain does 20k damage, time shouldn't be an issue. I think some people are thinking this is way harder than it is.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-01 12:56:43  

Typical SAM just isn't capable of things they should be. One of them being wearing PDT, let alone asking them to Seigan instead of Hasso.

Know your group, if your DD can pull it off, fine, lucky you. If not, pick up that PLD, and win for sure.

This could not have been put into better words. To be more specific 9/10 SAMs

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-01 13:19:55  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
It's laughably easy with 2 PLD and a THF with trusts. Hate reset is the main thing to worry about, as well as high evasion. We were making 3-step darkness and it took around 5 minutes to kill (Chant > Req > Rudra's). Went about 1/5 on the cloak.

Edit: Doesn't use the HP=1 move, and resets hate after Filament Hold IIRC (might be another TP move), and it spams Hundred Fists.
So it's pretty much Arch Awahondo

Or arch resheph, because awahondo dont use hate reset.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-01 13:23:41  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Resheph did Tarsal slam though not hundred fists

That's because Resheph is a SAM, not a MNK.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-01 13:32:39  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »

This could not have been put into better words. To be more specific 9/10 SAMs
If anything this is just more stress on a whm to cure in succession, even the most derp pug tsum sam can hit third eye. Roll with a bad pld and its just a wasted slot even more so. Adds another to lot against. Though if you want to keep going back and forth saying bad players are bad then go ahead, forums all yours.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-01 14:04:17  
Rune Fencer can adequately tank this guy as well- I know, I've done it.

The drop rate is utterly random- my LS managed to get like 10+ cloaks in a four hour run one night, and ever since it's went to hell.

Our general party setup is tank, whm,thf, geo/brd/cor (any work), rdm, and various flavors of DD. Usually we have our DNC pull the baby diremites for a steady stream of pop items.

NM is NOT hard. It won't HF if the tank resists the slow of Filamented Hold.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-01 14:11:11  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Rune Fencer can adequately tank this guy as well- I know, I've done it.

The drop rate is utterly random- my LS managed to get like 10+ cloaks in a four hour run one night, and ever since it's went to hell.

Our general party setup is tank, whm,thf, geo/brd/cor (any work), rdm, and various flavors of DD. Usually we have our DNC pull the baby diremites for a steady stream of pop items.

NM is NOT hard. It won't HF if the tank resists the slow of Filamented Hold.
It will also not hundred fist if you are extremely quick to remove slow off of the player that was targeted specifically by the filamented hold.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-01 14:27:05  
Asura.Loire said: »
It will also not hundred fist if you are extremely quick to remove slow off of the player that was targeted specially by the filamented hold.
Not sure if that really works, I've had Trusts with Fast Cast from Valiance remove it before the WS animation is finished, and yet it still triggers Hundred Fists. However, I've since relied on outright resisting the slow effect so I haven't gone back to test if I had just been doing something incorrectly.

A lot of information and discussion on this NM and the other new Adoulin NMs can be found here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44971/adoulin-gates-nm
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-12-01 14:40:13  
parsing 2-3 min kill with sam cor thf pld brd whm .

wildfire owns it while generating very low enmity . next time we going to bring 2 cors instead of the sam.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 01:10:46  
Just a quick update for anyone who cares:

We went about 4/14 or so, so around a 25% drop rate maybe. The fight was definitely incredibly easier than I imagined; It was me GEO (main healer) COR THF mythicTHF Ergon RUN and MNK (6). We started the group as a capacity point party, and for a non-conventional party, i'll say the exp was decent.

Managed to only have a few deaths, and it was only during HF. RUN never died once the entire event, and a /whm is more than enough to keep people healed, assuming they are /dnc for themselves. Not overly evasive, and on some occasions when the slows weren't resisted, a THF would alternate Larceny on HF to reduce damage. NM tends to favor Double Claw, which missed roughly 8/10 times on the RUN. Overall I'd say this fight is pretty easy and encourage anyone looking for a CP camp/cloak farming camp in one, this is it. Onto other NMs.
First Page 2