言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Adoulin gates NM
Adoulin gates NM
First Page 2 3
By honeycomb 2014-11-14 04:47:16  
Was wondering if people can post the NM spots to camp ive been in cirdas area killing everything but no luck yet finding the NM and no luck in Woh gates too. Any info be wonderfully or if there a special deal on poping them like item or something.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-14 05:05:25  
They're force pop using ??? and items dropped from nearby mobs.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124073-11-09-14-Update-Discussion-Findings has positions
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-14 12:23:56  
All the new NMs are in the newly added sections you access from the crystal structures in 5 of the outdoor zones (provided you have beaten that zone's WKR at least once ever). These spots are marked with stars in the maps here:

Ceizak (G-11) --> Sih GatesMorimar (H-5) --> Moh GatesHennetial (H-11) --> Dho GatesMarjami (F-11) --> Woh GatesYorcia (I-10) --> Cirdas CavernsWithin each section is a simple, single map that contains T-IT enemies, and some good exp camps. The NMs are forced pops from rare/ex items that drop from regular mobs of the same species. Note that these NMs seem to rage after 20 minutes. All the NMs seem to have 2 gear drops, one more common than the other, as well as a lot of random materials like Abyssea NMs will drop.

Sih Gates - Furious Arundmite: Sliced Thread to ??? in the SW corner of the map.
Diremite NM. Successfully using Filamented Hold (conal slow) will cause him to use Hundred Fists immediately after. Can be prevented by stunning/resisting Filamented Hold. Has an unusual hate reset mechanic that seems to be connected to his WSs, but the exact nature of this not clear. Ochain PLD or RUN or GEO recommended to handle Hundred Fists or prevent the slow. Has a very infrequent enamnesia effect on regular hits. Drops Flax Sash and Respite Cloak.

Moh Gates - Stinkskin: Cracked Matamata Shell to ???
Matamata NM. Has very potent Regen (1-2%/tick). Blue !! proc from one of the 3 phys damage types crashes his Regen and makes him take double damage. His Regen and the double gradually decay and he returns to normal, where you can proc him again. Drops Blackshell Hairpin and Atalanta.

Dho Gates - Dreadpincer: Wrecked Pincer to ???
Craklaw NM. Haven't fought this guy yet, will update when I do. Drops Hibern. Earring and Herkuleskeule.

Woh Gates - Cowll Hippogryph: Sullied Feather to ??? in the SW corner of the map.
This guy has insane evasion normally, but can be severely weakened in many aspects (defense, magic defense, accuracy, etc) by hitting him with ice-based debuffs and dealing ice damage. Also, he will WS anytime you do, with some sort of trend that makes him prefer a specific WS (ie: primarily Nihility Song), though there seems to be something that can be done to prevent his frequent WSing (ice SC damage?). Drops Sokushitsu Sune-Ate and Highwing Helm.

Cirdas Caverns - Vemosia: Slashed Vine to ???
Rafflesia NM. Info from Tarquine: Has enpoison (weak), but also a variety of nasty bad status on WS. These include: very strong bio; silence/amnesia (conal); short radius AoE charm. Bringing a GEO for magic evasion can make this much more manageable. Drops Wisent Kecks and Chanter's Shield.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-17 13:23:18  
Awesome write up Jeanpaul, helps a bunch. Is there any specific strategy people are using for the Diremite NM? Hoping to get the LS some Respite Cloaks tonight but I'm not sure what we'll need. I used a Pld on the Hippogryph and it ended up being absolutely useless, but Hundred Fists could *** a Sam tank up.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-17 13:28:27  
You can DD tank the diremite, elegy and slow work wonders. I didn't need N/T to land it, but my BRD's pretty maxed so your results may vary. For short numbers, I would guess that WHM BRD THF SAM would be a good bet, or PLD + BRD duo.

I farmed mine using MNKx3 COR BRD WHM, with a THF in second party. You obviously don't need anything near that, but it resulted in 60-90 second kills with very little trouble. Went 5/30 in 90 minutes.

Very evasive, bring sushi or riverfin and accuracy sets and plan on using at least one madrigal.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-17 13:30:52  
Thanks that helps a lot, sounds like it isn't too hard then. 5/30 though with a Thf, my god. We went like 3/7 on the Soku Sune-ate NM and that felt like a bad drop rate!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-17 13:35:51  
Anything special on hippo? Planning on doing it in the next couple days.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-17 13:51:00  
It's seriously a push over. None of the WSes are scary, it doesn't hit hard even on a berserk'd full offense gear Sam. It has a horrid hit rate without any special debuffs or gear. The evasion isn't even that bad, the mobs that the pop item drops off seemed more evasive than the actual NM. I would still recommend a Madrigal, Sushi, and Accuracy gear though. The only annoying thing is when he dispels your food.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-17 14:30:53  
From vm0d on BG:
Diremite always starts with Filamented Hold. Hitting you with his slow triggers his Hundred Fists, supposedly you can prevent it by either stunning him or erasing the slow immediately. If stunned, he'll follow up with Spinning Top. Double Claw is hate reset. Need about 1120 acc for a ~90% hit rate. I'll probably be testing this out soon when I have some time.

Hippogryph is pretty simple, consistent forms of damage like elemental WS skillchains, SA/TA, etc are great ways to speed the fight up. The area is surrounded by lots of fat bats that are T to 119, so if you have issues gaining TP, you can always TP on them.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-17 14:52:21  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Matamata NM. Haven't fought this guy yet, will update when I do. Drops Blackshell Hairpin and Atalanta.
Did this for some Hairpins a few days ago. It actually died the fastest of any of the NMs we've fought (Mata, Diremite and Hippo so far). We always saw a blue !! proc within the first 15%, but I'm not sure what causes it exactly; only actions done to him was slashing, piercing, skillchain damage and Dia II. Seeing the proc seems to increase its damage taken by 100% and decays overtime. It uses Debilitating Spout (full Dispel + Zombie) so bring a form of Stun. When we went we didn't have one, but luckily he's very susceptible to Lullaby so we ended up just doing Lullaby stuns.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-17 15:15:09  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You can DD tank the diremite, elegy and slow work wonders. I didn't need N/T to land it, but my BRD's pretty maxed so your results may vary. For short numbers, I would guess that WHM BRD THF SAM would be a good bet, or PLD + BRD duo.

I farmed mine using MNKx3 COR BRD WHM, with a THF in second party. You obviously don't need anything near that, but it resulted in 60-90 second kills with very little trouble. Went 5/30 in 90 minutes.

Very evasive, bring sushi or riverfin and accuracy sets and plan on using at least one madrigal.

Mind sharing your set? I had to use N/T to land elegy and I thought my set was pretty good.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-17 15:31:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Mind sharing your set? I had to use N/T to land elegy and I thought my set was pretty good.
ItemSet 330706
feet path B, 5 m.acc augment on genbu's, 6 m.acc augment on rhapsodes
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-11-17 16:43:51  
Matamata NM. Haven't fought this guy yet, will update when I do. Drops Blackshell Hairpin and Atalanta.

Had a brief stab at this tonight. PLD THF MNK RDM BRD WHM

Has a high regen and high defense. Seems to take extra damage from magic and/or magic WS and/or skillchains(?). As the PLD I was doing either 1.7k or 4k Atonements (no notable gear to boost it, I normally cap @ ~1190). I think the MNK/THF did an SC by mistake as it dropped from 99% to 86% in a second, when we had been plugging away for 4 mins and it didn't get below 98%.

Often does the AOE spinny attack as all matamatas do. As PLD it would do a conal attack often which inflicted a potent burn, curse, slow and dispelled all buffs, and max HP down (from 2.4k to 1.6k).

Was never in any danger, but we decided to give up as we couldn't get it below 75%, and it often regened and I had go for RL stuff.

Cirdas Caverns - Vemosia: Slashed Vine to ???
Rafflesia NM. Haven't fought this guy yet, will update when I do. Drops Wisent Kecks and probably Chanter's Shield.

Fought this several times. First time was a mix of BSTs and SMNs. Seems to have v high evasion as pets were wiffing a lot (as BST I had c.930 on Tiger iirc) SMNs pets couldn't hold hate. started to one shot SMN pets after about 20 mins (rage timer??).

Decided to come back as PLD (me) MNK THF BRD RDM WHM. Fairly easy tank and spank. Ochain/ 2/5 - 119 Reforged 3/5 109 reforged and it hit like a girl. Enpoison meant was poisoned nearly 100% of the time, but not potent. Bio as part of one of the WSs was very potent, and needed swift removal. Also liked to inflict Amnesia and Silence in conal WSs. Annoying, but nothing we couldn't handle. After about 40% however, it liked to AOE (short radius) charm. Several times it charmed THF PLD MNK and we killed the mages. THey were swift to put a DOT on it, and when uncharmed I just held it on PLD and self-cured until Mages got up, no real danger while people got up, just watch the silence if bio gets stuck.

Killed twice, 2 shields, 1 pants.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-17 17:01:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
ItemSet 330706
feet path B, 5 m.acc augment on genbu's, 6 m.acc augment on rhapsodes

Very nice. Mine isn't that far off. I don't have ench. earring +1 yet(use musical), Twebuliij path b 243 macc + 5 macc grip, lurid mitts(are bihu +1 best in slot?), kumbira cape until I get a good aug on rhapsode's ( currently only has +1 macc), and I use sangoma and weatherspoon ring until I can afford carby +1. My genbu's also has 2 macc on it in case I ever do carn, which will be never..

Rest of the set is the same as yours and I tried many times to land it without n/t but still got resisted 100% ><
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-17 17:09:02  
Anything special on hippo? Planning on doing it in the next couple days.

It's very evasive. We did RUN, RNG, GEO, RDM. GEO accuracy bubbles, saboteur distract II and Impact. Ideally we'd have used a COR and THF as well, the RUN's accuracy was pretty poor, but Yoichi RNG wrecked it. It doesn't do anything all that dangerous, and it's blind as a bat, 3-4 mins a kill. We killed it 7 or 8 times, got one hat and one pair of boots with just 2-3 bounty shots on it.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-17 19:32:48  
For those that have done it, where is the Diremite located? Looking around Sih "SW area" but can't find anything.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-11-17 19:46:08  
It's in the big room at the SW of the map on map2 Sih. the ??? is on the right side of the room.

(The room has diremite and bats)

For Hyppogyrph:
Using ice magic (QD/Lunge/Magic) reduces its ACC on you. It will counter all WS with his whachacallit dispel move. His only danger point is when he does Fantoid > Hoof Volley back to back. Got me for 2500 dmg in da face.

Add:
I remember you can spam Lullaby on the Diremite to slow down his 100fist. (Might work for other NMs can't remember)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-17 19:46:48  
The warp is in Ceizak. Take #1 and if you look at the map to the south there is a little part that loops around, go to the south point of the loop and it warps you up. Then from there the NM is in the circular area on the bottom left.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-11-17 19:53:03  
Found it, thanks.
By Heimdel 2014-11-17 19:54:26  
What do you farm the sliced thread from for the mite?
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-11-17 19:54:50  
Heimdel said: »
What do you farm the sliced thread from for the mite?

The Diremites in the area.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-17 23:45:12  
Updated my big post with info you guys provided, hope it helps. Still got nothing on the Craklaw though. I will continue to update as more specific mechanics of the NMs are made clear. Thanks a ton to everyone for supplying more information!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-17 23:55:46  
Updated my big post with info you guys provided, hope it helps. Still got nothing on the Craklaw though. I will continue to update as more specific mechanics of the NMs are made clear. Thanks a ton to everyone for supplying more information!

The hippo did use back heel at least once in the several fights we did, but it basically just spammed dispel and fantod. RUN/NIN had basically no trouble holding it, even with shadows being constantly dispelled. I kept Blind II on it, but I don't think I had to cure him more than once a fight if even that.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-18 00:05:37  
In ~10 fights, our hippogryphs were always:

Dispel > Jettatura > no TP abilities until under 10% > Fantod > Jettatura

The only time this changed was when he was still over 90% after the first Jettatura.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-18 00:51:44  
Weird. I wonder if it's affected by other things that are triggering Back Heel, or in Llewelyn's case, no TP moves whatsoever. I wonder if it's some sort of glitch in response to his normal way of using TP after getting hit by a WS. I did play around with him solo on RUN/NIN and got him down to 50% before he raged, since I couldn't get TP quick enough. Seems to have around 100k HP though so I'm sure it can be solo'd if I just build TP on bats and WS'd on him. I got my helm after 3rd kill though so I probably won't bother. He seems easy enough anyway for most groups, probably the easiest of the 5.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-18 01:25:16  
Used Choke Breath and Fantod a lot for me, BST BST COR RDM setup. Very little (almost none) Jettatura or Backheel.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-18 02:09:40  
What Ready moves were you using? I'm wondering if it uses WSs in response to the type of WS, or whether the person using WS is currently tanking. I recall getting hit by Jettatura regularly after Leaden Salute or Herculean Slash, and Nihility Song from physical moves. There certainly is a pattern for sure, it wouldn't be picking the same kind of moves over and over for the same strategies.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-18 02:54:44  
Full strategy should help clear it up

Setup:
BST/NIN w/ capped Ibuki
BST/WHM w/ capped Patrick
RDM/SCH
COR/WHM

For debuffs, kept Frazzle II, Dia III, Slow II, Paralyze II, and Blind on as much as possible.

For buffs, Protect 5, Shell 5, Haste 2, Phalanx 2, Utsusemi, Stoneskin, and occasionally Regen. COR was doing Drachen Roll and Companion Roll. Also ate Shiromichi.

Saw Nihility Song, Fantod, and Choke Breath as a majority. Jettatura and Back Heel were extremely rare.

I used Ibuki as the tank, other BST used Patrick for Infrasonics. The Ready moves I used with Ibuki were Swooping Frenzy and Molting Plumage. I used Ruinator, other BST has Aymur so she was using Primal Rend. Usually ended up making Darkness as a result of this. With Infrasonics and Shiromichi (no ice magic, didn't know it reduced EVA) hitrate was easy enough to cap with light accuracy sets (in my case, acc+pet DT). That should cover everything.

Note: Also had PUP there for a couple of runs standing at range using WHM puppet. Think all it did to the NM was repeatedly try to cast silence.
 Sylph.Xodia
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-11-18 07:34:18  
Just wondering is /NIN optimal for the diremite NM to prevent hate reset? was thinking of trying pld/nin and a brd duo later. have yet to try tanking it on MNK or SAM.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-19 11:41:38  
Duo on Diremite seems tough. From the sound of things, there's a rage timer and I think a PLD+BRD duo would reach that point. I'm not sure how a single DD would fair against the Hundred Fists spam. I guess if you tacked on a PDT set you might be fine, but I don't think a BRD could keep up with the healing needed.

On a side note for Diremite, it does have en-amnesia, but it's a VERY low proc rate. In about 20-25 fights, we only saw it land once.
[+]
First Page 2 3