users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Quietus
Quietus
 Bismarck.Hirotic
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-10-05 05:23:45  
has anyone tested this recently I randomly have around 100/100 dice/LR but don't wana waste it if its not worth it lol. I use apoc a lot currently so I know in the long run I will but atm don't have torcleaver also.. any info is helpful.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-05 08:05:08  
It's pretty good. It was pretty good pre-update, and is better now....
I'd say it's better than Torcleaver (mods pulling double duty)...
But... People will want you to GS instead of Scythe... So... All I can say is which do you have fun with and do that one.
 Bismarck.Hirotic
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-10-05 08:33:00  
well its mostly for incursion lol I have to apoc or you just die and useless then. mostly only time is when they all aggro me or I get 1 shoted <.< how much is dmging doing would it be more then 119 cata or around same amount?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-05 08:33:04  
The newer mods are ok, but the 3.0 fTP hurts it to much for it to be taken seriously. Entropy will have 4.3 fTP while Resolution will have 5.5 fTP at 1000TP with both belt / forget and moonshade. Quietus only ignores 10% defense at 1000TP, so you can see that as similiar to a 11.1% attack bonus, which isn't nearly enough to make up for the large disparity in fTP values. Cross Reaper would be a better WS then Quietus. At 1000TP you would have 3.5 fTP (2.5 on first hit) and the same WSC mods. CR also scales much better with fTP and TP overflow. Torcleaver gets 5.43 fTP along with it's 80% VIT WSC which has it utterly crush Quietus.

I really do feel bad for Scyth users, the only setup worth a damn is Liberator + Insurgency, otherwise just use one of the 119 GS's and resolution / torcleaver.
 Asura.Failaras
サーバ: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-05 21:14:35  
So you have to use Apoc to avoid being 1 shot? How does that even make sense.
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-05 22:29:18  
Defense Ignoring weapon skills are so lame. They need to be like 30-40% at 100% for them to be taken seriously. The point of them are to be useful against mobs with high defense, yet even in those situations they fall short. Yet you have ws that dont ignore defense that get innate attack bonuses.

It's just silly because Shoha is damage varies with TP but gets an attack boost, but Quietus is defense ignored varies with tp. In my opinion ws like Quietus/Piercing Arrow/Wheeling Thrust/Camlann's. Torment should be damage varies with TP but get the defense ignoring as a freebie like how Shoha and Gekko do.
By Davorin 2014-10-05 22:45:56  
Moral of the story is to spend your die/residue elsewhere.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2014-11-16 21:00:00  
Does less DMG than Cata, Entropy and Cross reaper

That said it does look really cool lol.