Idle Set; Any Way To Improve This?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Idle set; any way to improve this?
Idle set; any way to improve this?
 Lakshmi.Nebo
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: NeboJones
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-02-15 19:55:28  
Refresh makes no sense?
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-15 20:44:24  
NeboJones said: »
Old thread but thought I'd post here to get some feedback on this WHM idle set. Wondering if there are more/better refresh options. Better for PDT or MP etc in earring slots?

SOA Ring is for other DD jobs but the regain activates the torque which is why I use it there. Unsure if there is actual refresh in the neck slot?

ItemSet 333364

I pretty much use that exact same idle set on WHM with a moonshade refresh augment
 Lakshmi.Nebo
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-02-15 21:00:01  
Nice. TP Bonus moonshade is used for DD WS set so that's out for the time being.
 Asura.Crevox
サーバ: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-15 21:09:01  
Cool necklace, never seen that before.

You can try the following items:

Sihirik
, Kumbira Cape, and Sanare Earring. Merman's Earring would also work.

You also do not need to use the Fucho-no-obi if MP is over 50%, so consider Slipor Sash. If you want to get technical, swap out Serpentes based on time of day (keeping Refresh) with the other piece being something more defensive or useful than +1 Regen. The defenses offered by item level pieces are substantial.

Pretty much anything with any kind of idle stats beats those two earrings.
 Lakshmi.Nebo
By Lakshmi.Nebo 2015-02-15 22:24:32  
I don't currently use gearswap, but I might look into it. That would probably be the only way I'd swp out those pieces based on variable MP and ToD.

The earrings/ammo and to a lesser extent waist piece are there due to the mp on them and not wanting to drop all my mp in idle.

I've been considering replacing them with DT ears. Is it generally pretty inconsequential to worry about mp in those slots?

I do have purley PDT and MDT sets but this one is really to max refresh where possible and DT where applicable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-02-15 22:36:15  
DEF is more valuable on stuff that can actually hurt you.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-02-15 22:44:55  
just make two idle sets, one with pure refresh, then one that swaps in stuff like dark ring/twilight torque/some sort of high def or PDT/MDT hands and feet
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2015-02-15 22:50:26  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
just make two idle sets, one with pure refresh, then one that swaps in stuff like dark ring/twilight torque/some sort of high def or PDT/MDT hands and feet
i posted that 5months ago on this thread. noone reads this ***anyways....lol
 Asura.Crevox
サーバ: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-15 23:30:41  
You shouldn't be worrying about HP or MP at all on gear.

Whenever you cast anything, your entire gear set should be swapping anyways, which results in high or 100% chance that it will be lost.

Quote:

This is a given. The point is that in a set like this, even with pure refresh, there are still many slots that have no refresh options and you need to put something there. Regen or DT is the way to go (rings, ear2, etc).
By anik 2015-02-15 23:45:14  
that's a good way
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-08 22:07:01  
Magic defense should be the least of your priorities. Shellra V 5/5 with pants gives you 29.2%, whm job trait of magic defense 6 gives 20%. That leaves you with just .8% below that cap which is found on any iLvl piece.

If you use gearswap you can tell it to have different sets for day and night, fit the serp gear in accordingly.

I find magic evasion to be a really nice stat and it keeps me alive for things like Yorica delve. Sanare Earring Flashward Earring Felicitas cape +1 and augmented alluvion armors.

As for pdt the typical dark rings, umbra cape, twilight torque, and earth staff will have you at 43% during the day, 49% at night; +4% to everything with defending. Easily capped off with augmented alluvion feet/hands to swap out with the serp gear.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-08 22:45:54  
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Magic defense should be the least of your priorities. Shellra V 5/5 with pants gives you 29.2%, whm job trait of magic defense 6 gives 20%. That leaves you with just .8% below that cap which is found on any iLvl piece.
Magic defense bonus, and Magic damage taken-(shell, etc) are not the same thing. MDB(trait or gear) does not count towards the MDT cap. <,<
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-09 19:50:30  
Hmm I must be in the old school of thought where mdb is mdt and caps at 50 unless you're wearing aegis. Still the point stands where whms should have a ton of magic defense since most of your gear will have ilvl anyways on top of shell and traits.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-09 20:09:35  
ote | Reply | Report | Score: 0 +

MDB was changed, it did used to a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago count to MDT.

MDB does have a cap however
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-09 20:38:42  
Still the point stands where whms should have a ton of magic defense since most of your gear will have ilvl anyways on top of shell and traits.
Agreed. WHMs handle magic dmg extremely well.
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
MDB does have a cap however
First I've ever heard of it. Care to elaborate?