Is This Game Hard(er) Yet?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Is this game Hard(er) yet?
Is this game Hard(er) yet?
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2014-07-07 13:02:07  
This game good now? Havent played in... idk 2 years or so!
 Asura.Triffle
サーバ: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-07-07 13:08:45  
It's easy mode.
[+]
 Shiva.Sleih
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Sleih 2014-07-07 13:19:22  
What's your definition of hard/good?
By Ravenn42 2014-07-07 13:31:58  
If you have not played in 2 years than ya the game is hard for you.
I don't understand these threads was this game ever really hard? Frustrating for sure but if you had enough friends or a good link shell back In the day it wasn't hard than either. Maybe a better question is...Is there enough content to keep me busy and the answer is yes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2014-07-07 13:34:15  
When I played it was Just a lot of abyssea and Voidwatch and then Nyzul +2 came out... It was just a lot "Easier" then, not really "hard" but looking for more of a challenge than that.. or more variety

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-07 13:39:34  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
grinding NMs

with current drop rates and the amount of plasma or RME items per run even that is minimal.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-07-07 13:39:52  
Yeah, it is hard and good !

... Oh you meant the game... Nvm.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-07-07 13:42:11  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
The game had gone from standing around for NM and grinding hard for exp to

Standing around for exp and grinding NMs

And Huge play time low rewards 2 low playtime huge rewards
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-07-07 14:17:22  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said: »
This game good now? Havent played in... idk 2 years or so!
i hate more then any thing going with the internet but yes it is very much easy mode now and it makes me sad to say that.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-07 14:40:39  
There won't be anything like classic unkillable AV/PW introduced ever again, but saying the game is easy is a matter of perspective; what are you trying get out of playing? If it's "get all your dream gear", then yes, it's not too complicated, especially if you can play a job in high demand like BRD.

Barring lower server populations, it's easier than ever to initiate content (often using easy-to-get items or just a bunch of merits), and there are a lot of new conveniences added, especially for travel and inventory. The dev teams have been focusing on making it so you don't need 18 people to get anything done anymore, or even a 6 person party. The hardest content in the game still pretty much requires your gear be top notch (relic weapons, etc), but easier versions of said content are available so it's not exclusive. The point is, you have options to play the way you want to play.
By Ravenn42 2014-07-07 14:50:03  
For someone who hasn't played in 2 years the game will not be easy mode unless he has a LS that will carry him.

Any game that is hard becomes easy when you figure out a strategy or in rpg getting better gear.

Try making a PUG group and do delve or AA on higher difficult and say it's easy. 80 percent of pug i been in still fail hard.

Like JP said it's all perspective. I am still working on some BCnM like stellar fullcram and i consider it hard... because even if i do what i am supposed to 5 other ppl have 2 also.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-07-07 15:08:59  
Come back ho I'll help u get stuff done !
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-07-07 15:16:52  
When I played it was Just a lot of abyssea and Voidwatch and then Nyzul +2 came out... It was just a lot "Easier" then, not really "hard" but looking for more of a challenge than that.. or more variety
Yes you don't have a single piece of NNI 2 gear it would appear you didn't even make an attempt at the challenging content anyways so I'm not such why difficultly matters to you.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-07-07 15:28:35  

Considering you had atmas, atmacites and temp items in abyssea and Voidwatch, then yes, the game is more challenging now. And there's more variety too, in my opinion anyway.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2014-07-07 15:31:26  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Yes you don't have a single piece of NNI 2 gear it would appear you didn't even make an attempt at the challenging content anyways so I'm not such why difficultly matters to you.

Or its because I quit before I ever played it, due to school.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2014-07-07 15:31:45  
Lakshmi.Minivict said: »
Come back ho I'll help u get stuff done !

you arent who i think you are , are you? lol
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-07-07 15:40:16  
Yeah its Kon lol my mule
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-07 16:01:52  
Use only AF3 gear for everything you do, game will be super hard then.

But seriously, if you had good gear/good party members the game has never been hard.
By Ophannus 2014-07-07 16:38:28  
Game is kinda harder. I mean mobs have way more wtfbullsh*t! moves now than ever before. I dont remember kirin or nidhogg randomly pwning everyone instantly for 3x everyones max hp or tanks getting one shotted
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-07 16:40:39  
Yeah, I don't remember Spike Flail either.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-07 16:41:54  
The hard part is finding good talented people to play with that are fun to be around! (like every multiplayer game).

I think Delve2 and D/VD fights can be "hard" but like always that's only until your group has acquired the skill/gear to make them seem easy again. Like someone already mentioned there's no ultimate boss like AV or PW around this expansion (yet).

Always plenty of content to challenge solo or low-man!
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-07 16:51:36  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I don't remember Kirin's Alliance destroying Astral Flows either
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ophannus 2014-07-07 18:27:44  
Spike flail was conditional. Astral flow was once. Ravenous Wail, Arrogance Incarnate, Odin's 30k needles crap? Adl tera slash is unavoidable death for some people it hits and at 99 meant wipe without PD unless you killed ot fast(except can be his first tp move after split and immune to stun). The difference is spike flail wiped because you made a mistake. It wasnt the mob's fault, its yours. Arrogance incarnate kills everyone unless you have massive dt or ea/scherzo. Theres a diff between being punished on reaction to high damage and being hit with high damage often and for no reason. At least delve bosses f-you moves can be locked or mitigated(mayhem by being in range for example). Other moves seemingly do high damage and wipe with no explanation.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-07-07 19:07:01  
This game is as hard as you make it out to be. Most people only want to be at the bleeding edge of content & anything else would be a complete waste of time to them.

It's a perspective thing, like anything. What do you consider ffxi? Is it the content that has been released in the last year, or is it the content that has been released since 2002? Most people aren't willing to do something that won't benefit their character in some way, which is around 90% of the content in the game. Once you get past that thinking the game opens up into:

If you play for loot, then yes, the game has gotten much easier.
If you play to do quests/missions, game has also gotten easier.

If you play to trigger that effect in the brain you got the first year of playtime, now that's a little bit more tricky.

Only about 5 events currently in game that most people will consider doing, however, if you can find a group of open minded people who play ffxi for fun(Fun is defined differently for each person; Drops, Gil, Killing a hard boss that took X-tries, etc.)

If a challenge is what you're looking for, there's an unbelievable treasure trove of 75 content in this game. Level sync your group down to 75, then give AV/PW a try. Gather up a group of 4 friends and try to kill a sky god. Honey Wines are only 150k, lvl sync down to 75 & try to kill faf with 6 people. Challenges are very much still there. Absolutely no reason to be the person who says "I only do 99 cap things, and I only play to get stuff done, because in this game fighting X is different than fighting Y, when in reality it isn't, but I only like playing in the gear treadmill."
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-07 19:13:45  
yes it's worth it
By Ophannus 2014-07-08 00:37:40  
NMs are way more of a threat now than they ever were. Like seiryu chainspell can be bound/silence, seiryu HF can be shadowbound, Kirin AF was only once per fight and it wasn't timed and pld could kite for eternity, dyna lord could be chainspell stunned.
Mobs now are impervious to most of those strategies, mobs chainspell meteor, have tp moves that do 2.5-7k aoe damage that cant be stunned, AA EV spam aoes that ignore shadows and deal 2.5k+ Spike flail was blinkable and never happened generally, KB's meteor was slow and everyone could run from it. The game is objectively harder because our HP is like 30% higher but mobs deal 200% more damage. Total wipes happened at 75 but most of those moves could be locked or avoided. Those one shottable moves now require either everyone be RNG and only one eating it is PLD with scherzo, or kill it before it gets a chance to use it because stun is ineffective. The game isnt hard but its definitely harder. Less tools players relied on before work, there's amounts of huge power creep because SE looks at the data and sees people clearing things extremely fast so they make the next batch harder. The thing is, people were t winning fast because the content was "easy", people were winning in short times for relying on Brd mules/cor mules for outside buffs, and exploiting RNG burns which are virtually fool proof. High damage, hate is irrelevant, healing is minimal, damage mitigation is high.

So in short the game is not hard by any means but its harder than it used tk be, its less forgiving in terms of bullsh*t tp moves that give you a million ailments or full dispel or do more than your max HP but arent punish-counter type moves like Spike Flail, theyre regular TP moves.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-08 00:46:53  
you're being punished for sucking at keeping scherzo up, not using hybrid sets, and not carrying panacea

(yes, ffxi is objectively harder than it was at 75, but player knowledge has advanced much faster than difficulty has so it's still easier relative to the average player)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ruebyy
user: Ruebyy
By Lakshmi.Ruebyy 2014-07-08 03:10:01  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
i fuggin love this post :(