Does Clothcraft 99 Make Money Off Prism Capes/mahatma Slops?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Does Clothcraft 99 make money off prism capes/mahatma slops?
Does Clothcraft 99 make money off prism capes/mahatma slops?
 Fairy.Kinesis
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: kinesis
By Fairy.Kinesis 2009-08-05 17:24:43  
Or is it not worth to invest the effort/time into 98->99?
So far I dont make ANYTHING. Pre WOTG i was able to pump out qiqirn sash+1 and mohbwa sash+1 all day long, I paid for my cursed mitts-1 that way.. After that, things went to the sh*tter... now i craft and craft for hq's but it seems like im just pissing my money away. i barely break even when i finally hit an aristocrat's coat and that's barely usually its lots of money lost.

So is 99 any different? One crafter said theyve gotten lucky with prism/mahatma but a guy I know at 100+3 said crafting is dead, square enix pissed on us all long ago for all the 10million+ and many hours we invested into crafting, now we no longer have an advantage at making money over everyone else. Right now it seems like it costs 3.5mil to make a 2.8Mil aristocrat's coat. The HQ rates are NERFED.

So right now I have a choice to make sell genie weskit for 3M and invest in 2 imperial wootz ingots for my morrigan body - or take that 3mil and make al zahbi sashes to get to 99 cloth.. If 99 cloth is a waste of time/money and wont help me make ingot money or fuel money for pumping out cursed mitts -1 then forget it.. I just wanted to know.. <end rant>
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nalien
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: juro
By Pandemonium.Nalien 2009-08-05 17:40:51  
How much did you pay for your account
[+]
 Fairy.Kinesis
サーバ: Fairy
user: kinesis
By Fairy.Kinesis 2009-08-05 17:52:35  
$13.95 a month since november 2005
[+]
 Fenrir.Korruption
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Korruption 2009-08-05 18:33:54  
Honestly it shouldnt take you 3mil to get from 98-99. Thats a different story with 99-100. Personally, the only reason I'm lvling Cloth to 100 is because I hate leaving things unfinished. Currently at 95.3, should be 96+ whenever I get around to crafting those archane threads I have. As far as making money. Rainbow thread were a decent source of income for a while, but now the prices have bottomed out to break even, or not worthwhile.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-08-06 17:28:01  
I'm 96+2

getting to 99 isn't too bad.. as for Prism capes- its a 94 synth so you wanna hit 105 really. 99+ 2 +3 + Furnishing?
 Diabolos.Hyabusa
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Hyabusa
By Diabolos.Hyabusa 2009-08-08 10:29:41  
100+3+advanced support yadda yadda yadda Clothcraft

I'm 0/75 for HQ's on rainbow capes

and

I'm 1/51 for HQ's on errant slops

It's all luck. Getting to the appropriate level to reach tier 1 HQ rate on a synth CERTAINLY can't hurt you but if you're expecting to hit the magic number and dial in HQs then you will be dissapointed.

also 1/11 Blessed mitts+1 and thats a tier 0 hq! lol stupid random game.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2009-08-09 13:59:40  
The day I hit 100+3+3 I had a huge grin and was waiting for ballons to fall from the guild's ceilings, and a new option for (do you want this synth to HQ?) to pop up.... but it didn't... HQ rates still suck, NQ are still a loss, and expendable tools are still a grind. If you do not love craftin and I mean honestly enjoy doing it, just go farm for your gil because it's now just equal for the gil oppotunities and the age old debate between Grind farming >=< HQ crafting >=< NM hunting is now a mute pont and it's all about what makes you drink less while doing...
[+]
 Alexander.Eldelphia
サーバ: Alexander
user: eldelphia
By Alexander.Eldelphia 2009-08-17 06:20:34  
I've just done 98-99 and it shouldn't cost you 3m although it is expensive. I'd keep the gil for the ingots.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-08-17 06:29:50  
I have to say, and I could be wrong here, but it really depends on your server's economy.
At this point in the game, thanks to all the other equipment options and such, crafting is simply a different form of farming. That's how I see it, anyway. You could sell tree cuttings on the AH, or you could sell a bunch of stuff you make minimal profit on with the occasional HQ. In the end, the profit is probably close to the same after all the losses.
Getting to 100 with the + skill gear/furniture won't kill. It'll give you a higher HQ rate on some things, if nothing else. Plus it's just nice to say you HAVE it. There's also the side bonus of being able to make your own signed stuff, if you care about that at all.