users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Elemental WS's
Elemental WS's
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-26 10:43:46  
So for fun, I bought a rune blade. Then I went to abby at doll camp. Sch/drk. 160 sword skill. With just standard gear and beyond, sea daughter andhells Gardain I was doing 3000-4900 Serpha blade and 3k red lodas blade.

My only issue was ws acc. Hence my thoughts in getting that new tezen ws neck piece. But should this be happing with only 160 sword skill?

Now I am going to try out knife. As sch does get very high knife skill and a sparks knife. I am guessing I could do much more dmg.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-26 11:01:09  
ok

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-06-26 11:08:43  
I don't believe any link has ever been shown between magical WS acc/dmg and the weapon's combat skill. So there's no reason why you couldn't do that DMG with low skill. Might be hard on post adoulin mobs though, due to the non ilvl weapon's lack of M.ACC skill+.

There is an main hand ilvl modification on magic ws now, so you'll be very limited when using weapon types that SCH can't wear Ilvl versions of.

Tenzen WS neck? The neck tenzen drops would be this. Mizukage-no-Kubikazari. I suppose that's usable for a magical ws. But I'd think you'd be better off with an Eddy necklace

Did you mean this? Sukeroku hachimaki. It's a head piece though. Not that it's all that good for magical WS either. I don't think WS accuracy counts as magic acc.... But then I couldn't say for certain, I doubt it's ever been tested.

I did see that you said for fun, but if one wanted good magic WS dmg on SCH wouldn't it be simpler to just use Omniscience? (or Cataclysm? You'd have to sub one of the job that gets it natively, but you're already having to /drk for sword WS.) It's also on SCH's best weapon type. And Staves tend to have high magic dmg+ and high M.ACC skill+. Should make for some very potent WS.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-06-26 11:12:55  
Actually, MAcc is likely tied to combat skill. Quick Draw magic accuracy is floored with 0 Marksmanship (test server), and you end up getting full resisted on WF too.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-26 11:22:53  
Yea cacakism works very well. I done doll parties and doing 9-12k+ on the zone I pull.

I just mostly wanted to try out elemental weapon skills after I did cacalism. If anything can use them for an event like VW to proc. Or if they are high enough for some event.

It would be nice if they released a newer version of some type of rune weapons.

Nice note about Macc, I will have to give it a try. Can always try out the club light ws,
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-06-26 11:23:23  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Actually, MAcc is likely tied to combat skill. Quick Draw magic accuracy is floored with 0 Marksmanship (test server), and you end up getting full resisted on WF too.
I was aware of the Quick Draw/Marksmanship skill relation, but this would be the first I've heard of it extending to WS. Has this been tested on a non ranged magical WS?

If this is the case then it would be rather unusual to see 3~4k WS with only 160 skill on lvl 90~ mobs.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-06-26 11:28:29  
160 skill and probably like 300 INT/MND in Abyssea. I doubt it's impossible, but I've skilled everything up and can no longer test for resistances.
 Leviathan.Matteh
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-26 11:32:20  
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-06-26 11:41:21  
Magic WSs can be okaaaay:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-06-26 11:44:53  
You can pull twenty dolls, rapters, with the three atmas I said above and do 9-12k AOE. Everything dies in one shot. No magic even needed. No melee for TP as sea daughter builds your TP as you pull zone. Only MP used is for regen or weather if you want that. Weather is not needed though.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2014-06-26 11:49:53  
I was pretty impressed with sam as I hit up to 12k on birds in aby mis with koki and skill in the 190s. It was mostly 3k range, but 6-12 weren't rare.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [156 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-11-29 04:57:46  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Magic WSs can be okaaaay:

Totally not double dmg from darkness or from currently casting ! *whistle*
By Chimerawizard 2014-11-30 17:18:21  
Try a 4 part darkness skillchain against the Marolith.
Immanence: Impact > Immanence: Luminohelix > Immanence: Stone 1~3 > Omniscience.

First time I did it, my friend & I ran away expecting him to get up and use subduction or w/e.

Edit: looks like in this image the Impact > luminohelix wasn't quick enough for a transfiction.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-09 12:06:58  

Very Difficult Puppets in Peril with 3SCH 1GEO (+Eminence THF). Pixie hairpin+1 and Archon Ring really soup up the SC damage on Darkness.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
サーバ: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-01-09 12:14:04  
Its a shame we don't get higher staff skill and cataclysm on SCH, theres a few situations i would love to have both.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-01-27 09:59:08  
Went to Outer to do some testing on my Obi and Twilight cape rules for my Omniscience set:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Yecuex is still weak to Darkness, however not as weak as Marolith seems to be. Also I dont know how my Nocto MB missed D: :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]