users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 4 Hit +ws Tp Build
4 Hit +ws Tp Build
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 08:13:53  
Good morning my fellow samurai's how are you guys doing on this amazing Sunday morning? I am currently trying to build a 5 hit tp build for my samurai. I am going after this build

ItemSet 318980

The set I currently have is

ItemSet 324603

I know I have a lot more items to get before it can be a 5 hit build. Just wondering if the first itemset is the one to go after for this type of build or should I go after a completely different one?
 Leviathan.Lsvtec
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Freazer
By Leviathan.Lsvtec 2014-06-08 08:29:10  
dont need a duplus grip, not worth the 20mil for the 1%dblattack, instead of using those feet i use af2+1 feet, seems like u no exactly wat u need.. better get to it :D
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 08:45:17  
5 hits + ws would be a 6-hit build, which basically isn't possible with Tsuru. Slap on Tsuru and you're 5 hit with like 2 STP. In Ionis areas you should be aiming for a pseudo 3 hit zanshin or 4 hit, which requires 52 (need to double check that) in gear, 5/5 STP merits, and lvl99 SAM trait.

ItemSet 278896

This is basically what I use everywhere with Ionis and I swap in stuff like Atheling and Ambuscade outside Ionis areas. (capped accuracy obviously)

4-hit ionis, 5-hit outside.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 08:47:16  
Yeah I apologize for my mistake. I meant to write 4 hit + ws build that's where I got the first item set build from. let me edit my title thank you very much Jassik
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 09:23:05  
I am not sure if I would be able to get the neckplace from the VNM. I'll give it a shot when my ls gets the chance to.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 09:27:40  
Mala can be a pain to get, can just use Asperity until you get it. I honestly end up using an accuracy neck on most higher end stuff, anyway. I'd call that more of a fodder set at this point.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 11:01:52  
Do you mind posting your set or was the previous set you posted your tp set Jassik?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 11:08:35  
Phoenix.Rikudosennin said: »
Do you mind posting your set or was the previous set you posted your tp set Jassik?

That's the cookie-cutter set I use for Hasso TP with a few slots changing depending on buffs/target. Body changes to Sakonji if I have a hope of keeping the mob facing me or even want to, head/waist/legs/feet change for hybrid sets, etc. If you don't have decent augments on Otronif legs/feet, I would imagine AF119 are better. I don't know how close to optimal it is, but it's capped haste 4/5 hit and fairly high ilvl.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 11:29:33  
Thanks my Otronif legs/feet are not +1 so their augments isn't double attack. I don't have that bow yet. The helm I didn't get from Achaka stupid thing gave me the gloves instead. I do have the KI from Achaka is it possible to trade the KI for the helm or just have to wait until Achaka respawns? The grip I don't have, Windbuffet belt I have with me because of my Blu tp set needs it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 11:39:39  
Duplus is a luxury, I use pole grip. You can get WKR drops via the non-repeatable library quest or by collecting all 6 RoE quest KI.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-06-08 11:53:30  
I'd really make it a point to try and go the route of a lentus grip to rock the 4-hit.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-08 11:55:12  
Thanks my Otronif legs/feet are not +1 so their augments isn't double attack. I don't have that bow yet. The helm I didn't get from Achaka stupid thing gave me the gloves instead. I do have the KI from Achaka is it possible to trade the KI for the helm or just have to wait until Achaka respawns? The grip I don't have, Windbuffet belt I have with me because of my Blu tp set needs it.

Otronif is fine, the +1 is nice but the DA+2 is obtainable from the NQ and the cost for stones is considerably lower, if you want the extra 1 STR for TP or MDT from a perfect augment (2DA 4 PDT 2 MDT) then fine, but personally I use the 2 DA 3 PDT legs and feet I got for mine.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-08 11:57:11  
Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I'd really make it a point to try and go the route of a lentus grip to rock the 4-hit.

Would this not make it a 3 hit? a 4 hit is already obtainable without this.

The Lentus grip with the AA GK is a very good weapon and beats Tsuru outside Adoulin, in Adoulin areas you probably don't need the extra Delay for STP as Tsuru is OP with Ionis and the Bloodrain grip for accuracy on higher content will serve you better IMO
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-08 11:59:00  
You can get Double Attack augments on the NQ Otronif armor, the +1 is just an increase in stat vomit and the added MDT augment
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 11:59:14  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Otronif is fine, the +1 is nice but the DA+2 is obtainable from the NQ and the cost for stones is considerably lower, if you want the extra 1 STR for TP or MDT from a perfect augment (2DA 4 PDT 2 MDT) then fine, but personally I use the 2 DA 3 PDT legs and feet I got for mine.

The extra haste on the feet makes them more viable for outside adoulin, the MDT is just icing on the cake.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-06-08 12:04:39  

The Lentus grip with the AA GK is a very good weapon and beats Tsuru outside Adoulin, in Adoulin areas you probably don't need the extra Delay for STP as Tsuru is OP with Ionis and the Bloodrain grip for accuracy on higher content will serve you better IMO
I've never messed with the AA GK, so I'm not sure on that one. Here's what I'm using for my 4-hits:

Yoichi Build 4-hit/3-hit Zanshin (true 4-hit thanks to Tsurumaru)
ItemSet 319404

Amano 4-hit: Path C on the Bow (4-hit subject to Aftermath OR Overwhelm proc on my Kaiten build)
ItemSet 270471
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 12:05:12  
What is a good acc necklace you use jassik?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 12:09:27  
Iqabi Necklace is solid, but you can get away with peacock charm or Ziel charm if you're hard up for plasm/wins.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 12:13:23  
I'll do little by little first I am going to focus on getting the Delve bow for the rank c stp str and rngacc. I am also trying to get into a delve win run by paying 6 mil for shark win. Hopefully I get the Tsurumaru.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 12:48:28  

I've never messed with the AA GK, so I'm not sure on that one. Here's what I'm using for my 4-hits:

Yoichi Build 4-hit/3-hit Zanshin (true 4-hit thanks to Tsurumaru)
ItemSet 319404

Amano 4-hit: Path C on the Bow (4-hit subject to Aftermath OR Overwhelm proc on my Kaiten build)
ItemSet 270471
Az I don't have the Yoichi. It will take far too long right now. I honestly lost a lot of playing time since I have gotten a new position at work new hours, so until I get my body full used to the new hours. I can't create a relic bow atm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2014-06-08 13:12:27  
These sets are about as good as it gets for fodder. Things change significantly against even Tojil, so keep that in mind.

In Adoulin: (Delve Fodder, RCB)
ItemSet 324610

Only upgrade is Duplus if that is within the realm of possibilities for you. Sidegrades are: Xaddi Cuisses(R15A), Sakonji Sune-Ate +1, Otronif Boots (NQ, DA+2), Bladeborn/Steelflash, Paeapua, Asperity Necklace, Rancor Collar (max).

Outside Adoulin: (Qilin/ RCB)
ItemSet 324611

Not that VW matters but this is the best you'll get in that event, which is pretty much the only time you'll be fighting mobs with such low stats outside of Adoulin. On SCKNM things change depending on your accuracy needs ofcourse.

Duplus is the only grip better than Sword Strap for outside of adoulin (fodder, if you need Accuracy Bloodrain may win). You won't be hitting 4hit+WS most likely outside of VW, and if you are you're sacrificing too much and it will actually lower your DPS.

This set is very practical for evasive D SCKNM:
ItemSet 324614
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-06-08 14:59:29  
That's just an example build, Riku. If you use an augmented Cibitshavore you can make some of the swaps mentioned earlier in this thread like ditching the goading belt for windbuffet belt or even a cetl belt if need be, or losing the asperity necklace for a Ganesha's mala if you've got one and plan on using Tsurumaru... My Yoichi set has more Store TP than is necessary for a 4-hit so that it can 3-hit with a Zanshin proc. Sadly, with Amanomurakumo's delay I need all the Store TP I can get my hands on to maintain the 4-hit.

I use this Store TP calculator to crunch the numbers on sets if I'm not quite sure something will work.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 15:02:08  
Ganesha's mala I don't have. Just got a Tsurumaru. We are trying to get me the KI for the Cibitshavore. I have both Cetl belt and Windbuffet Belt.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-08 17:13:54  
Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
These sets are about as good as it gets for fodder. Things change significantly against even Tojil, so keep that in mind.

In Adoulin: (Delve Fodder, RCB)
ItemSet 324610

Only upgrade is Duplus if that is within the realm of possibilities for you. Sidegrades are: Xaddi Cuisses(R15A), Sakonji Sune-Ate +1, Otronif Boots (NQ, DA+2), Bladeborn/Steelflash, Paeapua, Asperity Necklace, Rancor Collar (max).

Outside Adoulin: (Qilin/ RCB)
ItemSet 324611

Not that VW matters but this is the best you'll get in that event, which is pretty much the only time you'll be fighting mobs with such low stats outside of Adoulin. On SCKNM things change depending on your accuracy needs ofcourse.

Duplus is the only grip better than Sword Strap for outside of adoulin (fodder, if you need Accuracy Bloodrain may win). You won't be hitting 4hit+WS most likely outside of VW, and if you are you're sacrificing too much and it will actually lower your DPS.

This set is very practical for evasive D SCKNM:
ItemSet 324614

I personally prefer this.
ItemSet 323932

The Extra Double Attack from cape ~

Although now I'm looking at that earring set and considering.

This gives me +54 STP on Xbuild which retains 4 hit, I could drop to the earring set you suggested for an extra 1% Double attack but then lose 8 acc and 8 attack ~

As this is a fodder set, I'd certainly consider dropping them for 1 DA but I tend to gear more for Yorcia delve and would prefer the acc from the earring.

(My post somehow got deleted.... fun stuff!)
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2014-06-08 17:49:07  

:o I forgot about that cape. That set does indeed look optimal, with the only upgrades being Duplus and Trux/Brutal.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-08 18:06:57  
am running these sets atm

ItemSet 324633

ItemSet 324637

ItemSet 324634

ItemSet 324635
*same for kaiten except with different earrings and otomi helm instead of yaoyotl. not that I find myself using kaiten all that much.

ItemSet 324636
*this is the one I need the most help on, not sure which pieces need to be changed.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 18:21:12  
Your Apex set is a little light on Racc for anything high tier.
By Zoltar 2014-06-08 18:34:03  
Lose the drone earring, get a clearview earring
First Page 2