Design RUN's Empyrean Armor! (Speculation Thread)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Design RUN's Empyrean Armor! (Speculation thread)
Design RUN's Empyrean Armor! (Speculation thread)
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-03 11:45:16  
Rune Fencer is a good tanking job, it's a good physical evasive/strong magic defensive job.

Issue is that the job requires ALOT of effort and attention. And looking at which current buff (especially the ones with the same icon) has wore off sucks, because you have near 10+ buffs on. And some of them wears off quick.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-03 14:19:25  
Enemies with powerful physical attacks (primarily WSs) are pretty well shut-out by Utsusemi. Epeolatry is not needed to tank any VD fight. I think the only thing that can really punish a RUN is when shadows are instantly stripped from something instant like the AA Elvaan's Shield Bash and then followed up with a powerful WS. Blink tanking hasn't changed much over the years and is still a game of focus and anticipation.
Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
And looking at which current buff (especially the ones with the same icon) has wore off sucks, because you have near 10+ buffs on.
I made custom icons specifically because I hated having to check what was what between so many defensive buffs. You might be interested in them:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44787/custom-icon-workshop/
[+]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-03-03 15:44:27  
Sub Blue and cast cocoon. Can tank those fudo's just fine. 1600dmg if not geared properly. Even without utsusemi, you can keep blink/SS up all the time.

Rune is nowhere near paper tank.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-03 16:02:31  
With embolden getting increases of more than +20% from gear and JP, Protect/Shell V should be pretty high.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-03 16:04:46  
It will have subtle blow as far as they eyes can see.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-03-03 22:30:07  
Looking at this gearset for RUN, it reminded me of something I saw in altanaview, back last year....in November. This armor set was already introduced in the dats a long time ago, but never implemented. I never knew this was RUN empyrean, and immediately though of how ugly it looked on Galka:

As you can see, the version date is from 11/2/14, and the armor is listed as "head" "body" etc.

Interestingly, they did not release GEO empyrean armor in the dats back then (i checked previous versions and the latest), so I'm wondering if this was already in the game for something else, and SE just got lazy and said "fk it, we'll make that trash RUN empyrean. nobody will ever know". You know, to save them time. There's no way any amount of time went into designing that set.

Yes, I tried it on a Galka to see exactly what I'd be getting.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-03-03 22:44:25  
that looks like a galka version of zurko's set from the Ergon BC fight *shrug*

EDIT > that's so disappointing. Good job SE. /lockstyle something else forever
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz