言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Apoc Vs Rag
Apoc Vs Rag
First Page 2
By WhiteLighter 2014-05-14 10:55:02  
I am starting up DRK for the fun of it. And i am trying to decide what Relic to make Apoc or Rag for hi end DD. Or what GS and scy is best for those slots. Any ideas
By voiceless 2014-05-14 10:58:21  
u could use rag with war and pld 2
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-14 10:59:57  
Ragnarok is still one of the top Gswords for DRK, and Apoc has it's own uses.
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2014-05-14 11:03:45  
Apoc has a lot of utility behind it. The decision really depends on your playstyle (got mules/friends?) and job spread.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-05-14 11:16:34  
Apoc is the best utility weapon for a DRK. Of course, rag will win in pure DPS but apoc isn't bad either. Apoc will still have a decent output with the added bonus of keeping you healed and hasted. If you're looking for overall use, I'd say Apoc. I have Apoc, Rag, and liberator and I have no regrets making Apoc first.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-05-14 11:21:02  
I made Apoc first then Ragnarok.

I find Apoc more enjoyable to play with.

There are numerous debates about Rag vs other GS.

Therefore, build an Apoc to avoid the headaches.
 Lakshmi.Solidous
user: admx9
By Lakshmi.Solidous 2014-05-14 12:07:42  
Apoc saves lives.
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-05-14 12:11:45  
Lakshmi.Solidous said: »
Apoc saves lives.

Isn't this the truth lol :)
 Ragnarok.Sogomi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: sogomi
By Ragnarok.Sogomi 2014-05-14 12:23:32  
Apoc saves lives.

Except when you have less than 300 hp. That's when the Hidden Effect: Catastrophe Accuracy -200 kicks in.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-14 12:25:26  
I went with Ragnarok: it’s a great weapon with high damage output that WAR can use too, and having multiple jobs on a relic never hurts.

Buffed up Resolution is still an extremely nasty weapon skill, not to mention you get a nice critical hit boost of +14% as well. The downside is the delay makes you have to settle for a 6-hit at the very best… Also, I’ve heard mention of upcoming WS modifications, so I’m not sure how SE is going to f**k that up, but just based on their track record I’m assuming they’re going to make something or other extremely lopsided in the spirit of “balance.”

All that being said, in my humblest of opinions, I don’t think you can really go wrong with either weapon- I thought about making an Apocalypse myself, but having a go-to weapon that WAR could use as well won me over in the end.

I’d mention that PLD can use it too, but please don’t do that.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-14 12:28:18  
I like how the Apoc Looks.
I hate how Greatswords appear . . .

Make the Apoc ! (keeping you hasted I thought it was gear haste!!?")
Code
Aftermath effect is +10% equipment Haste. 

This
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Apoc is the best utility weapon for a DRK. Of course, rag will win in pure DPS but apoc isn't bad either. Apoc will still have a decent output with the added bonus of keeping you healed and hasted. If you're looking for overall use, I'd say Apoc. I have Apoc, Rag, and liberator and I have no regrets making Apoc first.

I fail to see how with all the haste from SE's Stat Vomit that you would ever only have 14~16% Gear Haste on DRK so I don't know if that's entirely relevant when making your choice, unless you have a Multihit set that keeps your DPS higher than current Ilvl gear without capping your gear haste completely.

It's been a while since I checked DRK Gearsets so I could be wrong
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-14 12:34:22  
Ragnarok.Sogomi said: »
Apoc saves lives.

Except when you have less than 300 hp. That's when the Hidden Effect: Catastrophe Accuracy -200 kicks in.

Yeah, I've heard that Catastrophe accuracy is in direct disproportion with how badly you need the HP lol

I think you just tend to notice whiffs more on a one-hit... and when that whiff leads to your death, but I still laughed :)
 Ragnarok.Sogomi
user: sogomi
By Ragnarok.Sogomi 2014-05-14 12:36:31  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Not really. ilevel gear with haste devalues Catastrophe's aftermath effect. The hp drain is still great though. Apocalypse is still a great weapon. Comparatively speaking it's less amazing than it once was.

OP, you will not regret making Apocalypse.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-05-14 12:43:25  
You would think with +40 ACC, Apoc wouldn't miss right? That and cata is one hit. I lol'd at the many times I relied on cata to heal myself and missed, leading to death. Been tempted to use fallen's cuirass +1 every time cata misses...
 Fenrir.Acey
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-05-14 12:48:27  

Code

This

I fail to see how with all the haste from SE's Stat Vomit that you would ever only have 14~16% Gear Haste on DRK so I don't know if that's entirely relevant when making your choice, unless you have a Multihit set that keeps your DPS higher than current Ilvl gear without capping your gear haste completely.

it's for an aftermath set so you can maximize gear with less haste as say more double triple attack to boost your dps
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-14 12:56:22  
Fenrir.Acey said: »

Code

This

it's for an aftermath set so you can maximize gear with less haste as say more double triple attack to boost your dps

I was referring to an Aftermath Set,not seen one that gives enough Accuracy for content that matters while depleting your haste to less than 24%.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-14 13:12:20  
Fenrir.Acey said: »

Code

This

I was referring to an Aftermath Set,not seen one that gives enough Accuracy for content that matters while depleting your haste to less than 24%.

especially considering a last resort set with double marches. LR down aftermath set with capped accuracy is beyond niche at this point.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-05-14 13:22:53  
Do you have a hard time living on DRK? Get Apoc.
Do you want to do more damage? Get Rag.

Make both eventually if you really like DRK.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-14 13:29:27  
Fenrir.Thandar said: »
Do you have a hard time living on DRK? Get Apoc.
Do you want to do more damage? Get Rag.

Make both eventually if you really like DRK.

Wouldn't this be more "Does your WHM SUCK? get Apoc"
"Does your WHM ROCK? get Rag".

If your in a good ls and your concentrated on LS events, Ragnarok will be better, if your playing with randoms,, Apoc will let you live but you might not be winning parses.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-14 13:37:51  
Or as in one of my lses tanking all the delve fracture NMs while doing an ok 4-5k per cata. With all this haste gear we get these days they should really change it to magical haste.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-14 13:39:45  
not sure the point of that post, since you could 'tank' all the delve fracture nms with any weapon and 4-5k isn't very impressive

conagh hit the nail on the head here
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-14 13:41:48  
Oh this is a classic thread we haven't seen in a while!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-14 13:43:53  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
not sure the point of that post, since you could 'tank' all the delve fracture nms with any weapon and 4-5k isn't very impressive

conagh hit the nail on the head here

I don't even play DRK it's just kinda common sense . . .

Logic 1
Everyone else -50 for failing at Logic.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-05-14 13:50:50  
I made this exact same thread when I wanted to build a relic for DRK.

In the end I chose Ragnarok, and I'm glad I did! You don't see many good DRKs nowadays in terms of raw DPS, and Ragnarok is a GS that will give you that. Apocalypse is more for those moments that you really need to survive, or you enjoy soloing higher levelled mobs, and the reason why I ended up choosing Ragnarok (despite spending years loving Scythe) was because I am a damage dealer, I ain't here to solo mobs, I am here to kill ASAP and let the mages keep me alive.

Build Ragnarok, I have thought about making Apocalypse for a while, but the thing is, if I want to solo, I have THF or BST to fall back on. I just can't think of anything useful you can do that would have you using Apocalypse over Ragnarok. Entropy isn't strong enough. It's great being able to get HP and MP back using a weapon, but if you're in a position where you seriously need that utility, then you might be on the wrong job for the content, or have a bad healer.

Apoc is fun, Ragnarok is business. Build a Rag, get it to 119, then show the average MNKs how to kill. This comes from a guy who has cleared lots of content, including delve, with my DRK. I have been playing the job since 2004, and although I always loved Scythe over Great Sword, Great Sword is superior.
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-14 13:51:02  
More to go with the whm sucks comment. Can you tank delve NMs with any weapon without any cures? Nor did I say 4-5k catas were impressive I said they were ok damage. Seriously what was the point in your post?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-14 13:52:24  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Or as in one of my lses tanking all the delve fracture NMs while doing an ok 4-5k per cata. With all this haste gear we get these days they should really change it to magical haste.

No.!
Magic Haste Kthanks

Lets see . . . Assuming capped Gear Haste 25% (256/1024)
Magic Haste 43.75% (448/1024) (Easily Obtainable with a BRD and competent WHM for haste) and assuming LR (Last Resort: Haste +15%) or Hasso (10%)?

68.75% haste Before JA, so with LR that's capped Haste . . . I don't know if making it magic haste is worth at this point either.

Assuming you use Hasso you are like 1.25% form cap anyways. What would magic haste allow? Well I guess if we stick to the issue of using APOC for PUG's we assuming a gimp BRD so your Magic haste isn;t capped? I suppose it would be more helpful for PUG situations on this basis alone which would be the entire point in using Apoc over a Ragnarok.

I seem to have come to agree with your despite wanting to destroy your argument!

Damn reverse Psychology worked I think . . . Unless you only really count tojil then SV songs FTW and destroy your idea HA I win !
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-14 13:53:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I made this exact same thread when I wanted to build a relic for DRK.

In the end I chose Ragnarok, and I'm glad I did! You don't see many good DRKs nowadays in terms of raw DPS, and Ragnarok is a GS that will give you that. Apocalypse is more for those moments that you really need to survive, or you enjoy soloing higher levelled mobs, and the reason why I ended up choosing Ragnarok (despite spending years loving Scythe) was because I am a damage dealer, I ain't here to solo mobs, I am here to kill ASAP and let the mages keep me alive.

Build Ragnarok, I have thought about making Apocalypse for a while, but the thing is, if I want to solo, I have THF or BST to fall back on. I just can't think of anything useful you can do that would have you using Apocalypse over Ragnarok. Entropy isn't strong enough. It's great being able to get HP and MP back using a weapon, but if you're in a position where you seriously need that utility, then you might be on the wrong job for the content, or have a bad healer.

Apoc is fun, Ragnarok is business. Build a Rag, get it to 119, then show the average MNKs how to kill.

I play with Kylos and I agree I have yet to see a good DRK (Sorry Kylos :P)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-14 13:53:32  
the 'or' at the start of your posts indicates you're posting an opinion contrary to what conagh said

the mention of tanking implies you think tanking a delve nm on a dd is worth mentioning

you're wrong, go away
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-05-14 13:55:13  
Rag = pure damage apoc = survivability. Apoc is nice for soloing or if you are low maning old content. apoc can still be good in new content but that veries based on your gear set up. but over all rag will do way better dmg
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-14 13:57:11  
Right ok so tanking delve nms without a single cure because the whm sucks isnt worth mentioning. Id like to see you do it abd thats without /dnc and I see you also missed that part out. I see what my friends on levi said about you is true.
First Page 2