users online
P&R
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Kwehh
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2014-04-18 15:43:09  
Can we please remove this from the front page? Every day I come onto the website, it's always a thread about "Someone did this" or "Someone did that" I hope most people read the news, but what turns into informing people, will always turn into a piss fight on the forums. As such, I think it'd be a benefit to the community and for public image of ffxiah.com that these P&R threads become excluded from being viewable from the front page.

My reasoning for this:

You see a thread where the topic gets you fired up, you go in and harmlessly post your 2 cents. Then, it proceeds to become butchered left and right and you're scared to even post a reply (I don't post there out of common sense because a conservative idea is going to be butchered ON SIGHT in this community.)

So you have people pretty much dominating the P&R thread and this website was -not made- for politics. This was designed as a site to look for items and guides for players, and should reflect as such to the public eye.

To answer coming questions about what about the people who want to?

You can search for the threads, everyone looking for a guide has to look for one, so it's no big deal to look at "Everything Else-Politics and Religion" to find your dose of politics and banter.

That's my suggestion, remove P&R from being viewed from xiah's front page -PLEASE-
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-18 15:47:38  
Firstly, neo-conservative persecution complex much?

Secondly, as a frequent P&R poster, I don't mind hitting the "more threads" button.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-18 16:02:00  
Phoenix.Kwehh said: »
Can we please remove this from the front page? Every day I come onto the website, it's always a thread about "Someone did this" or "Someone did that" I hope most people read the news, but what turns into informing people, will always turn into a piss fight on the forums. As such, I think it'd be a benefit to the community and for public image of ffxiah.com that these P&R threads become excluded from being viewable from the front page.

My reasoning for this:

You see a thread where the topic gets you fired up, you go in and harmlessly post your 2 cents. Then, it proceeds to become butchered left and right and you're scared to even post a reply (I don't post there out of common sense because a conservative idea is going to be butchered ON SIGHT in this community.)

So you have people pretty much dominating the P&R thread and this website was -not made- for politics. This was designed as a site to look for items and guides for players, and should reflect as such to the public eye.

To answer coming questions about what about the people who want to?

You can search for the threads, everyone looking for a guide has to look for one, so it's no big deal to look at "Everything Else-Politics and Religion" to find your dose of politics and banter.

That's my suggestion, remove P&R from being viewed from xiah's front page -PLEASE-

To summarize: no
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 16:02:28  
It's simple: if you don't want to read it, then don't click on it. Next you'll hear people to ask to not see Ni or RT on the main page...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-18 16:04:21  
That is like me saying no more anime in the RT thread. It isn't going to happen.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-18 16:04:54  
Didn't we just have a thread like this?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-18 16:05:34  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Didn't we just have a thread like this?

Yea pretty sure. It was "what is the point of P and R" and it didn't go anywhere really.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 16:05:34  
While we're here asking for things, could we somehow prevent certain screenshots from showing up on the front page? I really, really don't care if someone just obtained an item released 3 years ago.

And you can't really say "just don't click on them" because it's hard to tell sometimes since the thumbnail is so small.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 16:06:31  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
While we're here asking for ridiculously trivial things, could we somehow prevent certain screenshots from showing up on the front page? I really, really don't care if someone just obtained an item released 3 years ago.

And you can't really say "just don't click on them" because it's hard to tell sometimes since the thumbnail is so small.
Sorry, but ftfy.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 16:07:48  
I suggest that we bring back Futurama can we do that ?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 16:09:22  
We should ban every FFXI related section from this website. I mean, who reads those? AH? Pfft who needs that!
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-04-18 16:14:11  
fonewear said: »
That is like me saying no more anime in the RT thread. It isn't going to happen.
Im down with this if you stop posting the simpsons and your other favorite cartoons.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 16:14:44  
Hey now the Simpsons used to be a great show. And yes I sometimes post it a bit much.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-04-18 16:38:00  
Let's not do this, since I don't check the Politics & Religion forum exclusively, and don't want to, either.
 Phoenix.Kwehh
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2014-04-18 16:45:09  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Let's not do this, since I don't check the Politics & Religion forum exclusively, and don't want to, either.

Well, why should others have to deal with constant political banter clogging up the front page? This site wasn't made for politics, what's the problem with taking P&R threads off front page when the people needing -FFXI- related material are already sifting through the website trying to locate. I don't think the wannabe politicians are being told to lop off a limb, they can search as well. They aren't special and as such P&R has no business on the front page with the conversations it invites.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 16:46:42  

Well, why should others have to deal with constant political banter clogging up the front page? This site wasn't made for politics, what's the problem with taking P&R threads off front page when the people needing -FFXI- related material are already sifting through the website trying to locate. I don't think the wannabe politicians are being told to lop off a limb, they can search as well. They aren't special and as such P&R has no business on the front page with the conversations it invites.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, however maybe we don't want to see your posts at all and by default you should be blisted and we'd have to search for your posts if we'd want to see them.

Edit: it's not clogging up anything, there's not that many threads actual game related, random talking, chatterbox and P&R are most likely the majority of the threads, and have just as valid of a place in the logs.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-18 17:45:43  
Site traffic is way down.

Looking in any one of the job forums, pretty much all the conversation is concentrated to a single thread that tends to give solid pronouncements on how to do everything and there's precious little need for or interest in discussion. There's a flurry with every update (which is helped as they're now every month instead of every season), but even that can be lackluster in a lot of forums.

Ad revenue keeps the site running and, like it or not, the mega-posters who spend much of their time in the off-topic stuff are major contributors on that end. And quite a lot of people who post in off-topic also post in other forums. I don't even play right now and I still offer advice and information whenever possible.

And, really, if you watch the front page, not a lot gets posted beyond the off-topic stuff. I look for any topic that might be interesting and it's remarkable how few game-related ones there are. Take P&R (and Chatterbox and the other off-topic sections) out of the feed and you'll see that someone's post to the Warrior megathread from 2 days ago is still keeping the topic sitting, collecting dust, on the front page. Literally.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kwehh
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2014-04-18 18:28:55  
Jetackuu said: »

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, however maybe we don't want to see your posts at all and by default you should be blisted and we'd have to search for your posts if we'd want to see them.

Edit: it's not clogging up anything, there's not that many threads actual game related, random talking, chatterbox and P&R are most likely the majority of the threads, and have just as valid of a place in the logs.

If you don't like what I say then by all means blist me, no skin off my nose and quite frankly doesn't matter to me if you do or not. You're one of the -last- people I would care about blisting me.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-18 18:38:13  
You didn't understand his point at all. At no point did he threaten to block you.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 18:41:22  
You didn't understand his point at all. At no point did he threaten to block you.
Nobody is on my block list, in fact.
 Phoenix.Kwehh
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2014-04-18 18:42:05  

I know you guys don't have to listen to me, but the opposite to seeing the P&R banter on the front page. It's always cluttered, if you are so dedicated to the P&R, having to click a little to find the thread isn't back breaking.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 18:44:24  

I know you guys don't have to listen to me, but the opposite to seeing the P&R banter on the front page. It's always cluttered, if you are so dedicated to the rare FFXI content posted in the forums, having to click a little to find the thread isn't back breaking.
ftfy
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 18:48:45  
One of these threads always pops up when someone gets hurted in the feels on a P&R topics.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-18 18:53:20  
I sympathize with him, yesterday there was a stupid amount of bumped threads, none of which were worth the time or effort, but the sun still came up today.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 18:54:12  
I sympathize with him, yesterday there was a stupid amount of bumped threads, none of which were worth the time or effort, but the sun still came up today.
I blame Chaos.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-04-18 20:13:52  

Well, why should others have to deal with constant political banter clogging up the front page? This site wasn't made for politics, what's the problem with taking P&R threads off front page....
You DO NOT HAVE TO clink on the thread you know.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-18 20:55:44  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Well, why should others have to deal with constant political banter clogging up the front page? This site wasn't made for politics, what's the problem with taking P&R threads off front page....
You DO NOT HAVE TO clink on the thread you know.
How can you resist?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-04-18 20:59:20  
Here's a novel idea: don't look at political topics.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-18 21:12:37  
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

Do click on P&R topics! (◎_◎ )
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-18 22:16:58  
We've tried this, OP.

Let me be the first to say that unmaining this section does not stop the onslaught whether inept or extreme jackassery. I've said this to quite a few people on this forum that if you don't like an opinion posted in any thread, don't feel that you're obligated to answer it to set things right because after all, this is the internet and like every social thing out there, there are indeed traps that you'll fall into. So if you can't bother to stand your ground while getting ridiculed by a 9 year old armchair expert, perhaps it's best to avoid such confrontations.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8