フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Marvel vs Capcom 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
First Page 2
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-29 05:16:20  
Is now available on XBL! And omfg... It is just as beautiful as I remember it being at the arcades. Must... own for any fans of the old Marvel vs Capcom 2. EEEE!!!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-29 05:37:53  
About damn time! :D
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-29 05:44:03  
Yes, sir. And oh my goodness. No more crappy Xbox/PS2 soundtracks. ; ; YAAAAY!!!!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-29 05:59:20  
I can't find it on Amazon's XBL games sales. D: The whurez. lol I hate having to buy points because there's always leftover ***I'll never use. >:|
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-29 06:03:53  
You won't because it's an XBL Arcade game. And you can buy 1200 points even steven. Just like the game. =3
 Cerberus.Nieko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-29 15:30:43  
MVC2=epic
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-29 15:58:58  
Indeed, sir... Indeed.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-07-29 16:00:28  
i still have and play this for Dreamcast, lol. awesome game.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-29 16:14:07  
PM me for gamertag if anyone wants a game. xD Rusty as all ***, don't remember how to do many specials, but I'm up for a game or two. D:
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-29 16:36:36  
ooooo i want! my tag is TankGirlFTW
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-29 16:36:37  
ooooo i want! my tag is TankGirlFTW
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-29 17:58:11  
im mad this ***isnt on PSN yet... WHY U GOTTA BE LIKE DAT SONY.. ALWAYS HOLDIN OUT ON A *** :(
 Odin.Akimarie
サーバ: Odin
user: Akimarie
By Odin.Akimarie 2009-07-29 18:52:09  
It'll probably end up being on the july 30th store update. I'm pretty annoyed about that.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-29 21:45:45  
Zekky said:
You won't because it's an XBL Arcade game. And you can buy 1200 points even steven. Just like the game. =3
Amazon has a XBL Store now specifically for that where you guy the games outright so they can be downloaded without dealing with XBL itself. D: Couldn't find 1200 points either, though, they only offered 1k and 500 so now I have 400 I'll never spend on anything. lol
 Bismarck.Marinae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-07-29 22:06:06  
GOOD! At least the button mashers of the arcades can break in their controller now & pay for it.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2009-07-30 15:23:59  
Half the fun of this game, for me, wasn't just coming up with the "Super Pwn Combo" team, but making "theme-teams" (which can be really challenging to play but all sorts of fun...)

Some of the ones I've come up with before:

* Muscle Team: Hulk, Juggernaut, Zangeif

* Ultimate Badguy Team: Bison/Vega, Dr. Doom, Magneto

* Power Armour Team: Iron Man, War Machine, Dr. Doom

* Hentai Tentacle Monster Team: Shuma-Gorath, Venom, Amingo

* Gratuitous Loli Team: B.B. Hood, Sakura, Roll

* Original Avengers Team: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk

* Rockman Team: Rockman/Megaman, Roll, Tron Bonne

* Captain Team: Captain America, Captain Commando, Ruby Heart

* Weapon X Team: Metal-claw Wolverine, Omega Red, Sabertooth

* Gun Team: Jill Valentine, B.B. Hood, Sabertooth (with 'projectile' Birdie assist on)

* Sword Team: Hayato, Strider Hiryu, Silver Samurai

* Darkstalker Team: Anakaris, Morrigan, Felicia

* Robot Team: Servbot, Sentinel, Rockman/Megaman

* Boring Shotokan Team: Ryu, Ken, Gouki/Akuma

* Weird-turn-around-to-show-your-butt-as-a-win-pose Team: Psylocke, Rogue, Cammy

Sadly they didn't include USAgent, from Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, or could have come up with one more theme-team:

* Wannabe Team: USAgent, Warmachine, Dan :p
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-30 17:59:51  
haha, good picks! Felicia's upset with you about being excluded from the butt-pose team, though. :/

Schutz said:
* Captain Team: Captain America, Captain Commando, Ruby Heart
My favorite. <3
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-30 18:28:54  
Captain Commando, Cable and Spider-Man. My setup. <3
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-30 18:36:00  
Magneto, Hulk, Captain Commando=Unstoppable force.

Colossus,Charlie,Cable=Irritate the hell outta ur opposition team
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-30 18:44:36  
I wish I was excited as all you guys :(

I just couldn't get into it fully. Easy ***like Cable's fierce punch 5 hit combo spam, or 2-button tag team super moves was just too easy to perform for me to enjoy it. And I think the PS2 version (all versions?) had just 2 punches and kicks. Is it the same? If they changed it I could probably play it against people I know not to have scrubby playstyles.

Glad to hear you can change the soundtrack though. The character selection song was so annoying.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-30 18:53:15  
Never even played MvC2 before this, but I've been playing the first MvC on MAME lately and honestly I think I prefer it. Maybe it's just the XBL version, though, because the character models look really tiny and not at all "HD". Not sure what the eff took them so long to release. lol Still fun, though, despite sucking at it hard.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-07-30 19:27:03  
They had to change from the old format to 1080p graphics... and wide screen. So it wouldn't be unbalanced.

It isn't suppose to be "HD" version of the Dreamcast version (which is the version the Xbox 360 game is copying). It's just suppose to be an upgraded version of the Dreamcast version and it's awesome. And that's why the soundtrack is "different." It's based off of the Dreamcast/Arcade ports. PS2/Xbox's version was just bad...
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-30 19:29:18  
Agreed. But hearing "O'M GONNA TAKE YA FOR A RIYED!" a few hundred times gets irritating. DAMMIT CAI ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST. I LEAVE FOR THE MILITARY IN THE MORNING AND DEMAND YOU PLAY A GAME! >:(!!

Edit: Schutz forgot one very important team!

Team LULz: Three Servabots. If you lose to three servabots, your pride will hurt. :/

Edit II: In the stage where there is a huge clocktower in the background...the clock displays the actual time your 360 is set to. So if it's 8:50, the clock will state 8:50. :D However, if it is PM, the stage is not night. ;_; that would have been cool too.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-30 19:54:47  
Hey *** that I love the servbots. lol There's a character in Melty Blood exactly like them. <3 Really, though, what the hell has Capcom done to soundtracks. SF4 was god awful, especially given they had the most badass theme ever already, but this "take you for a ride" is killing me. lol They severely overestimate this franchise if this is what passes for battle tunezzz.

I DONT HAVE GOLD, ET. ;~; Still friends though!
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-30 20:24:53  
Akimarie said:
It'll probably end up being on the july 30th store update. I'm pretty annoyed about that.

Still not there unless i missed it :( DAMN YOU PSN!
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-07-31 11:17:37  
I could never get into MvC2. Maybe it's how horrendously unbalanced it is, or how spammy it is, but never could I actually sit down and play it for more than 5 minutes or so.
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-31 11:23:26  
i guess spamming macros in ffxi isnt the same. i guess pressing buttons repeatedly in a sequence or combo in most games isnt the same either.

wait is ffxi balanced? (LOL)
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-07-31 11:25:30  
Nightmarelord said:
i guess spamming macros in ffxi isnt the same. i guess pressing buttons repeatedly in a sequence or combo in most games isnt the same either.

wait is ffxi balanced? (LOL)

Compare MvC2 to other fighting games at high-level play. You'll see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: FFXI isn't a competitive game, either. Comparing a fighting game to an MMO w/o pvp is just silly.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-07-31 12:51:20  
I've been playing this game since its NA DreamCast release, fell in love with it from the start my team has evolved a lot over the years. i canonly play well with 3 characters working on a forth. the rest of the characters im just avearge with or less and would get scubbed easily. Favorite character is Cyclops, been rockin him since X-men Children of the Atom. I think I play him pretty well, or at least better than the cyclops I run across (which are very few ; ;) and no I dont use him for projectile assist super thats just a waste of a bar and lame. I fight toe to toe alot instead of running and blasting away Cable style.

Anyways hit me up if you want to get a game going.

GamerTag: Princetreppe
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-31 13:11:59  
Argento said:

Compare MvC2 to other fighting games at high-level play. You'll see what I'm talking about.

He does have a point. MVC2 vs say Tekken 5 is a /fail on a technical/skill point of view. But it does require SOME skill and is still fun as all get out.

And Pryor Beast is the gamertag. I DARE any of u Cable-spam players to challenge me.
First Page 2