フォーラム » FFXI » Adoulin » Marjami Ravine Delve Setup + Strategy
Marjami Ravine Delve Setup + Strategy
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-03-22 11:03:09  
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Cool thanks! In a 12-man group right now and I'm on RDM so I'll let you know how it goes ^^

yea lemme know if its the same for ya'll, geos and rdm spamming high tier ice magic w/ ballads can handle it

So the GEO and I (rdm) were nuking Blizz 2,3 and 4 consistently but it still did big damage with Wings of Woe. Killed the 2 DDs we had on it and took our PLD to little over 100 hp. Shrieking Gale downed our PLD, don't know how much dmg it did. So either it has to be Blizz 5 or we screwed something up.
By Luvbunny1 2014-03-22 12:00:19  
Does anyone know how to make the KI to enter these three new delves? I am able to make all 3 KI for Delve 1.0 but for some reasons cannot do the new delves. I did got KI from outside NM for Marjami Ravine (only fought one of the tier 1-3, and one of the tier 4-5 for two KI needed to purchase gears - DID NOT fight all tier 1-5). Do you have to have clear from ALL three previous delve?

SE is very vague on their explanation, did not mention other that you need to kill the three Wildskeeper Reive version of the first three NMs. A lot of people are having trouble in making these KI needed for the new delves, not sure if anyone here know the requirements? Many thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-22 12:04:09  
if you have a few decent rngs and you give them buffs you pretty much can't lose

i never saw any difference in wail doing ice damage to the harpy, but a decent pld with scherzo doesn't get one shotted by it anyway, just don't bring a taru. on my first run, tank pt brd went afk and scherzo got dispelled before they returned, so i used sentinel and still died to it(maybe aegis it? don't remember if it was fast enough to swap in time, possible it's breath damage or something too)

wings on the other hand, is not a threat even entirely unbuffed on pld..

the NPC requires you talk to them once before they'll make planchettes for you, besides that i'm not sure but i would assume you need 3/3 delve1
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-22 12:05:32  
Luvbunny1 said: »
Do you have to have clear from ALL three previous delve?

did not mention other that you need to kill the three Wildskeeper Reive version of the first three NMs.
I don't think it is WKR clears, because I have all of my WKR clears and can't get the entry item. It is probably having to have all delve 1 clears.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-03-22 12:19:09  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
and somethign called Minstral Shriek for 4200+
We've never had our Harpy do that. Do you do anything odd to it?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-22 12:27:36  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
and somethign called Minstral Shriek for 4200+
We've never had our Harpy do that. Do you do anything odd to it?

I didn't see that text log myself due to filters, but was told that was the TP move used. we had a mixed setup, bouncing around killing NMs in different zones. our front line was pulled back and the only people in range were the PLD and SMN. SMN is the one who saw it in his log.

18-man alliance, if it matters
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-22 12:33:57  
There's no minstrel shriek(misspelled or otherwise) in the mobskill dat. Just saying. 4200 sounds like ravenous wail.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-03-22 13:28:19  
It's an attack used by Garuda in FFXIV, lol

They got hit by Ravenous Wail
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-03-22 13:39:19  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if you have a few decent rngs and you give them buffs you pretty much can't lose

i never saw any difference in wail doing ice damage to the harpy, but a decent pld with scherzo doesn't get one shotted by it anyway, just don't bring a taru. on my first run, tank pt brd went afk and scherzo got dispelled before they returned, so i used sentinel and still died to it(maybe aegis it? don't remember if it was fast enough to swap in time, possible it's breath damage or something too)

the NPC requires you talk to them once before they'll make planchettes for you, besides that i'm not sure but i would assume you need 3/3 delve1

You can absolutely get 1 shotted with scherzo up. I've had fights where none of its tp moves do a huge amount and then I'll randomly take 3k+ in others.

3 rngs can easily down it fast even if pld does die though so its not much of an issue. Can still finish zone in 30mins with bad luck on harpy.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-03-22 13:40:58  
...just don't bring a taru.

Also, die :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-22 13:59:23  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

You can absolutely get 1 shotted with scherzo up. I've had fights where none of its tp moves do a huge amount and then I'll randomly take 3k+ in others.

3 rngs can easily down it fast even if pld does die though so its not much of an issue. Can still finish zone in 30mins with bad luck on harpy.

you're right, i've seen it myself
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-22 14:32:52  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »

do you idle in DT-? have dring and other nice stuff? galka? hp food? sentinel didn't reduce the damage at all, so it's either magic or breath

i've killed it quite a few times and never had it drop me below 300 with scherzo
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-03-22 14:42:50  
Not as much DT as I could idle in, but yes stuff like Dring, didn't use Dark ring but I remember reading that the MDT on dark rings was also counted as BDT. Used HP food, lolhume, never tried Aegis on it.

I've killed it 5 or 6 times and probably been 1 shot on half of them but assuming MDT/PDT have no effect I can easily raise my DT and HP quite a bit for it.

I'm still not convinced scherzo works though because I've been hit so hard with it up.
By Kyler 2014-03-22 14:51:46  
Breath dmg is a separate aug possible on dark rings.

IE, the best would show breath pdt and mdt -6%

Never seen more than 3 augs but enemy crit- is also common.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-22 15:02:12  
<ammo>Angha Gem</ammo>
<head>Rev. Coronet +1</head>
<neck>Twilight Torque</neck>
<lear>Sanare Earring</lear>
<rear>Merman's Earring</rear>
<body>Rev. Surcoat +1</body>
<hands>Rev. Gauntlets +1</hands>
<lring>Defending Ring</lring>
<rring>Dark Ring</rring>
<back>Weard Mantle</back>
<waist>Nierenschutz</waist>
<legs>Rev. Breeches +1</legs>
<feet>Rev. Leggings +1</feet>

's what i use, galka, pescatora, no burtgang

positive scherzo works, the damage shift is linear(is there even a precedent for a non-physical multihit?)

definitely going to try oneventing aegis next time though, fulltiming it probably isn't that great an idea with wings
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudres
user: Cloudy
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudres 2014-03-22 16:45:48  
Just won marjami with 12 people
whm,rng,rng,pld,cor,geo
whm,rng,rng,rng,rng,brd

won with 1:30 left. geo spammed stone 2 throughout whole fight without bringing down aura so magic burst stone 5 is probably the guranteed solution.

Harpy killed pld at 10% rngs shadowbinded to finish it off everything else was easy and had no problems
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-22 17:14:36  
Quetzalcoatl.Cloudres said: »
whm,rng,rng,pld,cor,geo
whm,rng,rng,rng,rng,brd

won with 1:30 left. geo spammed stone 2 throughout whole fight without bringing down aura so magic burst stone 5 is probably the guranteed solution.

Harpy killed pld at 10% rngs shadowbinded to finish it off everything else was easy and had no problems

Should also say that the cor reset both of the rng x4 2 hours, would have probably lost without that. There has to be a trick to the MB because damage seemed to slow way down at 50%? or so.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-22 19:33:11  
yea, it was Wail.. just popped wit 5 ppl. Gains access to Ravenous Wail under 50%. did 2100+ on first on, killing the pld, we got him up and held dmg, and the next one did 0 to the pld, then 3100+ on third, about 30 secs later
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-03-22 21:51:06  
Just got 2nd win, farmed 4+5 beads and it was a very easy win and still got 60,000 plasm.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-03-23 09:06:29  
Has anyone tried the T5 without ws'ing it?
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-23 12:08:42  
We are doing now, trick is to put up scherzo right after gale wipes buff... as for not wsing we havent and it seems to work but not sure what its doing or what weakness is.
edit: in that have yet to get a !!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-27 22:18:56  

i'll give it a try next time
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-27 22:57:23  
whm,rng,rng,pld,cor,geo
whm,rng,rng,rng,rng,brd

Funny you mention shadowbinding it. When we were killing a few on the outside, me and another RNG both tried to shadowbind after the PLD was one-shotted. And both missed completely. Not landed and was immediately broken, but missed. To my knowledge, it was the first time I had ever seen SB completely miss. We were both unweakened at the time.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-03-28 00:30:02  

Doesn't do anything. Still oneshotted the PLD at 30%.

Aegis does nothing for the damage either. Nor Fealty or Sentinel/Invincible.

It's breath damage or some sort of insanely stupid high magic damage that with an aegis + scherzo still does 3k+

The only thing that seems to have reduced damage has been perfect defense (still did ~700 after ~5-10 seconds)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-03-28 03:15:27  
Has anyone tried using a Ninja tank? Might work decently alongside a PLD for harpy alone if anything.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-03-28 03:28:28  
whm,rng,rng,pld,cor,geo
whm,rng,rng,rng,rng,brd

A RDM or BLM will almost always proc !!. It's a massive DPS increase.
We generally kill the boss in a max of 3:30. generally sub 3
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2014-03-28 04:11:13  
Carbuncle.Dagget said: »
whm,rng,rng,pld,cor,geo
whm,rng,rng,rng,rng,brd

A RDM or BLM will almost always proc !!. It's a massive DPS increase.
We generally kill the boss in a max of 3:30. generally sub 3

A good smn can proc !! and is a lot more useful than a blm or rdm.

Regarding the t5, as its been said best bet is to zerg under 51%. buffs overkill etc(overkill isnt needed for boss).
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-03-28 04:21:20  
Harpy has never killed me with Scherzo up. There was one point tonight, though, where BRD was too slow to reapply Scherzo after a Shrieking Gale and I ate a Ravenous Wail and died. As I was holding it waiting to unweaken it used Ravenous Wail again, but it did 0 damage. Perhaps the damage may be linked to damage dealt to her or something of that sort?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-28 04:37:49  
Harpy has never killed me with Scherzo up. There was one point tonight, though, where BRD was too slow to reapply Scherzo after a Shrieking Gale and I ate a Ravenous Wail and died. As I was holding it waiting to unweaken it used Ravenous Wail again, but it did 0 damage. Perhaps the damage may be linked to damage dealt to her or something of that sort?

I posted some of my chat log from a run last week on BG. After killing the PLD, he got up, and got hate back and it used Wail for 0 damage, them less that 30sec later, it used ago for 3100+. Not much damage was done in this time frame, and only one WS.
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-03-28 05:25:11  

I posted some of my chat log from a run last week on BG. After killing the PLD, he got up, and got hate back and it used Wail for 0 damage, them less that 30sec later, it used ago for 3100+. Not much damage was done in this time frame, and only one WS.
Wail is wind ele, baraera/wind carol/scherzo/gelus(if you /RUN)/ vallation it will never ever kill u, and dont forget aegis!