New Arch Angel Fights

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » New Arch Angel Fights
New Arch Angel Fights
By Pantafernando 2014-01-08 08:55:53  
Also, whats the point of mnk/nin? If you need shadows, why not go as nin? Why forcing mnk in that? Nin can have the upper hand with more shadows and migawari. And the lack of offensive potential for sure isnt as great as it seems, as while you need mnk/nin to survive, reducing your dmg potential, you could perfectly go nin/war, to increase nins dmg.
Of course nin have the downside of ilv weapon, but there is a ilv119 katana and ilv117 for mainhand, excluding a rem katana.
By Spiraboo 2014-01-08 09:29:26  
Jeubond said: »

<info on how they failed the MR>

You might want to consider to put a pld in to replace the cor (or a DD, if you like). If pld has aegis the thunder TP move is a laugh. Whilst I'm sure people can clear this without a pld, but if you struggle pld is a good safety net. The trend for a safe win for all AA fights (apart from maybe Taru) is pld with dds who turn to ease hate when shadows are down or is being constantly hit. If pld can take most of the moves (with good plds and smart DDs, it's very much possible), it's very easy. Your dd takes less hate = less dmg = less heals from your healer = your healer less likely to cap hate. Healer capping hate tends to be the cause of all chaos

Bard can lullaby the pet but it will eventually start to resist more. The pet def. builds resist, i'd consider my brd decently geared but about 15 mins or so the tiger does go a bit wild on me. I would leave the pet on pld if it's on pld, if not just kill it. shouldn't take a DD more than a few seconds to kill. (I've seen a rng killing it within a few bullets on VD, so..)

It's normal to have poor(er) acc on her, she's a thf. Madrigal is your friend here.

If you want to make it really easy, use rng setup. The kitty will charm your pld (assuming he don't suck and can hold hate), when your pld is slept, shadowbind the kitty and just twiddle your thumbs and kite it a little until your pld is uncharmed.
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 09:57:42  
Quote:
How is it saving anyone time? If anyone put any remote amount of thought into what the nm is capable of and thought it was possible to dual box, they would have to be mentally deficient.
The point of making this thread was so that people could come here to read what these NMs are actually capable of doing. I personally have only done EV normal so far. So I would like to see more posts like this:

I've been playing Bard for these fights so I haven't really payed attention as much as I normally would (I'm not much of a bard). But anyway, this is more what I'm looking for. Names of abilities. What additional affects they do. How much damage they do at different difficulties... you know... stuff that people can plan for.

"Oh, Mithra uses Cloudsplitter below 25% that does a ton of damage if you don't Scherzo. Can also be mitigated with Lightning Resist, MDT, etc."

That, I think, is one of the many things that are worth mentioning. This way, someone doesn't take a group in there and they end up wiping because nobody told the bard that Scherzo was necessary (yes, speaking from personal experience, lol).

I'm not as interested in strategies for this thread. Depending on the difficulty, you can really go with such a wide variety of strategies. I guess it is worth mentioning that difficulty does affect drop rate somewhat significantly, but not necessarily what CAN drop. The exception to this being that normal and below will only see single plutons where as difficult/very difficult will see cases/boxes.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-08 10:04:59  
Jeubond said: »
After failing dismally against AA MR last night with a party I opened this thread hoping to find some useful advice or information to help with future fights only to find the op has been side-tracked like so many in this forum & much space wasted on silly & petty arguements.

C'mon guys there really is no need, do you realise just how much effect this has on more timid members who would love to share their own recollections or seek help, if you want to have a go at each other do you have to make it public ?

Ok to the op . . . .

AAMR on Normal - 2 Oats Mnk/Nin, 1 Oats Mnk/War [they forgot to change & 'suddenly' discovered once inside wrong sub], Cor/Whm, Brd/Whm, Whm/Sch
On reflection we had lost before we entered but ain't hindsight marvellous ?!
Cor used Light Shot to sleep tiger pet & Brd Lullaby but I suspect either they didn't have the right gear/acc etc or else the tiger will start resisting after being slept a few times, I hear pet can be slept full-time, if so any info on methods would be useful please. This nm had excellent acc & shadows had to be kept up, I got ko'd at the start with a Rampage after letting my shadows drop to 1, after that I made sure to never let them get below 2 ! DD's had poor acc against her as despite acc sets/food we were too busy trying to keep alive & so had pdt gear & shadows up most of the time.
It was inevitable of course that the Mnk/War who had good acc took hate, a ws & ko'd followed by the other Mnk/Nin taking hate & getting ko'd, during this time the pet was causing chaos with the support & it was after the Whm went down that mass wipe followed.
No way could I keep shadows up fast enough & without good support my turn came to get ko'd followed by the Brd & Cor !
How we all laughed . . . .

Our party was an example of how not to do it I realise now but just thought I'd write in with the hope that others won't try this setup unless they are firing on all cylinders !
Good luck !
Jon

I did MR normal with MNK/NIN x2 PLD BLU/NIN WHM BRD. Pretty much just engage TP WS, if DD die rest and go back and keep hitting. If PLD got charmed I sleep pet on BLU. It didn't pop pet idk why.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 10:07:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
This thread is laughable, rest assured no one would come here looking for Ark Angel information when readily available and accurate information regarding the angels exists elsewhere.
Link?

I'll debate the "readily available" part if you give me a link where it's 10-20 pages worth of posts that I have to dig through for information. To me, that's the laughable part. Of course the information is out there. The purpose of this thread is to consolidate/organize that info so that it actually IS "readily available."

I actually thought about making 5 different threads for each Arch Angel, which I might do later. My plan is to update my original post with info on each Arch Angel as I have time to do so.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 10:13:35  
Thanks for being the first person in the thread to post something useful, lol :)
By Spiraboo 2014-01-08 10:20:37  
Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Paladin has strong resist sleep traits, I'm guessing you got him to remove magic evasion gear to help you?

Or did your sleep land reliably regardless?

Never failed a lullaby on pld regardless.

though if it happens that the person you need to sleep is a /nin, you might wanna make sure you use an AE sleep....happened to me a few times that i hit my foe lullaby macro to sleep and a shadow took it.. Now I just horde lullaby regardless XD
By Spiraboo 2014-01-08 10:25:05  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
That, I think, is one of the many things that are worth mentioning. This way, someone doesn't take a group in there and they end up wiping because nobody told the bard that Scherzo was necessary (yes, speaking from personal experience, lol).

You don't need Scherzo, a pld with Aegis will take like 200 dmg from that (on normal). pld/run with good mdt and put thunder resist up/barthundra will also mitigate the dmg decently. Shouldn't even hit the threshold for scherzo to proc

Scherzo is nice to have if you have 5 songs up, but if you have 4 I'd personally stay with marchx2 madx2 due to this kitty being evasive.

Quote:
I can't remember now, but she has a move that silences, and a move that does a LOT of damage. Can someone help me out with more info on this?
It's dominion slash. (for silence) And I'm certain it's AE (at least conical).

vorpal blade also do a lot of dmg, though I'm not sure whether it's the move you're thinking of.

Another thing about EV is that he likes diaga, which you'd probably want to erase asap on your frontline people
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 10:32:37  
Spiraboo said: »
It's dominion slash. (for silence, that is.)
Thanks. And Dominion Slash is single target right? Or conal maybe? I stand pretty close to EV and haven't got hit by any aoe except diaga, which btw thanks for reminding me about it.
By Spiraboo 2014-01-08 10:34:19  
Maybe someone who plays DD can confirm, but It's at least conical. definitely seen multiple DDs getting hit by it (absorbed by shadows)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-08 10:34:45  
Paladin has strong resist sleep traits, I'm guessing you got him to remove magic evasion gear to help you?

I think they were saying they were supposed sleep the pet if the PLD got charmed, not sleep the PLD.

Either way, if someone needs to sleep the PLD, have the WHM do it. Repose bypasses resist sleep traits.
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I did MR normal with MNK/NIN x2 PLD BLU/NIN WHM BRD. Pretty much just engage TP WS, if DD die rest and go back and keep hitting. If PLD got charmed I sleep pet on BLU. It didn't pop pet idk why.
I've seen that glitch a number of times. Where MR doesn't pop pet, and won't move from the center of the circle.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-08 10:40:29  
Maybe someone who plays DD can confirm, but It's at least conical. definitely seen multiple DDs getting hit by it (absorbed by shadows)
Dominion Slash, Amon Drive, Dragon Fall, and Havoc Spiral are all target centered AoE. Cross Reaver is conal. It's the only one that never murders the BRD when redoing songs.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-01-08 10:42:49  
Hello.

A thread on the Ark Angel II and Divine Might II events already exists, however being that this thread is being built as something of a guide and a list of information on each of the Ark Angels, I'd like to keep both open and keep this thread tidy. Please remember to keep it civil.

For more lengthy discussions, testimonials, etc. please go here.

/bow
By Spiraboo 2014-01-08 10:43:20  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I think they were saying they were supposed sleep the pet if the PLD got charmed, not sleep the PLD.

Either way, if someone needs to sleep the PLD, have the WHM do it. Repose bypasses resist sleep traits.

Not sure why you wouldn't sleep the pld. pld is no dd but he can still be a threat, or increases your danger to kitty by eating up your shadows. Sleep resist isn't a concern for a decently geared bard, you have 4 tries until you need to wait for recast -> horde lullaby 1 and 2, foe lullaby 1 and 2. If you're quick enough you can sleep both pet and pld in a single horde. The order for us is always sleep pld -> sleep pet (or kill pet).

Unless you have rng to shadowbind kitty the whm should really focus on keeping the DDs alive (which might involve the whm moving around as the DDs might be kiting depending on strat), as this is the part where it can get nasty
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-08 10:54:17  
I didn't say to Not sleep the PLD if charmed. Just that afania(BLU) was stating that they were assigned to sleep the pet, not the PLD.

And if BRD has no trouble sleeping PLDs, that fine. I'm not a BRD. When I get charmed on PLD, I usually sleep myself from my dualboxed WHM. During which the RNG are cycling shadowbind on MR.

Of course, the Ideal option, and one that usually works for me, is to not get charmed at all. Fealty will block charm. The highest % I've seen charm at was 49%, so I think charm is a ~50% action. So, you Fealty and have the DD unload to push MR as low as possible during fealty duration, in hopes of triggering charm. Usually works.

Can get a 1:40 fealty duration with 5/5 and relic augment. Which is usually enough to get charm to fire from 50%. If not, you can buy a bit more time having the WHM asylum just before fealty wears.
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2014-01-08 11:06:13  
I didn't say to Not sleep the PLD if charmed. Just that afania(BLU) was stating that they were assigned to sleep the pet, not the PLD.

And if BRD has no trouble sleeping PLDs, that fine. I'm not a BRD. When I get charmed on PLD, I usually sleep myself from my dualboxed WHM. During which the RNG are cycling shadowbind on MR.

Of course, the Ideal option, and one that usually works for me, is to not get charmed at all. Fealty will block charm. The highest % I've seen charm at was 49%, so I think charm is a ~50% action. So, you Fealty and have the DD unload to push MR as low as possible during fealty duration, in hopes of triggering charm. Usually works.

Can get a 1:40 fealty duration with 5/5 and relic augment. Which is usually enough to get charm to fire from 50%. If not, you can buy a bit more time having the WHM asylum just before fealty wears.

We went to MR on easy and 3 people had wrong KI so pld/war thf/nin(me) rng/??? decided to trio. i asked a friend about charm and he said 35-50%. it popped off @ 32%. flee'd and tossed up perfect dodge, which MR larceny'd) died THEN the rng used shadowbind finally. We ended up fighting through charm and ended up losing at 10% roughly. It was but was fun to try. though~

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-08 11:12:04  
Bismarck.Angelsfate said: »
Seraph.Jacaut said: »
We went to MR on easy and 3 people had wrong KI so pld/war thf/nin(me) rng/??? decided to trio. i asked a friend about charm and he said 35-50%. it popped off @ 32%. flee'd and tossed up perfect dodge, which MR larceny'd) died
why didnt you larceny it back nerd
MR will instantly larceny any SP used near her. If you stole PD from her, she'd steal it right back. And can do so multiple times.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 12:05:49  
Dominion Slash, Amon Drive, Dragon Fall, and Havoc Spiral are all target centered AoE. Cross Reaver is conal. It's the only one that never murders the BRD when redoing songs.
Amon Drive is TT right? What about the other two?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-08 12:16:19  
If you're quick enough you can sleep both pet and pld in a single horde.

When a PC is charmed and you target them with an AOE, can the AOE actually hit mobs? I thought it couldn't. I recall having huge issues in dynamis back in the day when trying to sleep mobs and charmed chars. I'd always end up having to use 2 sleeps. One for the PCs and one for the mobs. But I could be wrong on that, it's been a long time and charm situations were rare.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 12:20:24  
Anyone have more info on like what percent mobs gain access to their extra abilities?
Like MR will use charm some time below 50%, Cloudsplitter below 25% right?
EV uses Benediction around 50%
Does TT use Mana Font before 50%?
What about Meikyo Shisui from GK?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-08 12:20:34  
Amon Drive is TT right? What about the other two?
Dominion Slash - EV - Single buff dispel and Silence.
Amon Drive - TT - Paralysis and petrification.
Dragon Fall - GK - Bind
Havoc Spiral - MR - Sleep and grav.
Cross reaver - HM - Conal, stun.

Most of the have a long range. Amon drive has been noted at hitting from ~15' but no farther. AoE radius on most is at least 10' from target. BRDs tend to get trashed re-singing for the PLD.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-08 12:22:10  
Anyone have more info on like what percent mobs gain access to their extra abilities?
GK Meikyo's any time all the time, at least on VD. And does it over and over and over and over.

EDIT:For WS, each AA gets acces the the empyrean ws for their wep at 25%.

EV and HM: Chant du Cygne
GK: Tachi: Fudo
MR: Cloudsplitter

TT:Quietus (this is an assumption, I've never actually seen it use it.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 12:30:06  
BRDs tend to get trashed re-singing for the PLD
Playing BRD, I've never had that issue. Of course, all my songs for the PLD I'm using Pianissimo which allows me to stay further away. I never thought getting close would be a good idea. I'm also running with rangers in my group so I usually just stand with them and the COR for AOEing preludes. Pianissimo for PLD. Usually I just piannisimo for WHM and myself too if I'm lazy, but sometimes I'll walk over to WHM since we use the same songs.
By pchan 2014-01-08 12:30:18  

MR always uses charm at ~30-40%
EV randomly uses benedication once, I've seen it use it at 70% but never under 40%.
HM uses MS on pull and whenever after that. He uses mijin at 1%.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-01-08 12:39:09  
I'm trying to find out more about the abilities that are unique to this fight. The Arrogance moves or whatever. Some of them are pretty nasty
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-08 12:42:51  
pchan said: »
MR always uses charm at ~30-40%
We've had it happen as low as 25%. Ended up having a RNG eat a Cloudsplitter after a Charm.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-08 12:45:31  
elv:
arrogance incarnate is a powered up spirits within(divided between targets in aoe), you can reduce it with breath damage taken-, scherzo, damage taken-
dominion slash is dispel/silence
shield strike is low damage/stun

the rest aren't anything special really

taru has amon drive which is petrify+paralyze cone
galka has dragonfall which is bind cone
hume has cross reaver, which is cone damage and stun
mithra has chaos spiral, which is aoe damage and sleep
these are all blinkable except for arrogance

for non-unique ws, mithra will use cloudsplitter at <25%(does not remove shadows, but does bypass them, high magic damage, survivable on anyone geared for it but scherzo can be helpful if you aren't)
hume/elvaan get chant du cygne at 25%
galka gets fudo at 25%
i don't think taru gets a new ws at 25%, just loves amon drive.. the others all self light/dark like a player if they do the same ws back to back