New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Bugbear Strongmsn wth
Bugbear Strongmsn wth
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-10-18 06:24:41  
Tried foe 2 hours no pop no kill. Trying to make Armageddon to be a true Delve Corsair, been in 2 fractures first was tonsil clear second was a Tojil failure lol. That said I want to pump my Corsair to the max and I need Armageddon. Bugbear Strongman is currently standing in my way. What is the trick? Do I actually need /RNG for widescan? For the love of all that is holy please help me kill this SOB.
 Sylph.Wonderangel
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Wonderangel 2013-10-18 06:31:37  
Just kill both Bugbears when they pop.. run run run unp & down!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Loughry
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-10-18 06:33:11  
Oh no...camping two whole hours and not seeing Bugbear Strongmsn!? wth!?

Seriously though, the info is out there if you just take less than 5 minutes to look for it...not going to do it myself, but if I remember correctly, has something to do with two placeholders and it randomly alternates which placeholder will be up.

If you're at the camp, just look for the bugbear that are blocking the bridges, if you see two standing next to each other, kill them, as one is the placeholder.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-10-18 07:10:22  
Bahamut.Mizucallow said: »
Tried foe 2 hours no pop no kill.

Stick to SoA. The gear is better and if you think 2 hours is bad you're not cut out for the old ***. You can beat XI in a week now, didn't you hear?
[+]
 Asura.Zanosuz
サーバ: Asura
user: zanosuz
By Asura.Zanosuz 2013-10-18 07:37:36  
That nm took 18 hours for one pop with 14 of us in the alliance camping it day/night rotating sleep schedules, then it popped again back to back. That nm and black triple stars are the worse two nm's too camp for emps.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2013-10-18 08:23:23  
Asura.Zanosuz said: »
That nm and black triple stars are the worse two nm's too camp for emps.

Hovering Hotpot would like to have a word with you. :P I've spent up to 20h's camping this thing... unless they've changed it recently, Bugbear Strongman is a walk in the park.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-10-18 12:38:56  
Don't you just love how most people's first response is to *** and not offer advice even when asked? But ty for the placeholder info. Cause I had been killing all 3.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unafay
user: Unafae
By Bahamut.Unafay 2013-10-18 12:40:46  
Ragnarok.Endtanis said: »

Hovering Hotpot would like to have a word with you. :P I've spent up to 20h's camping this thing... unless they've changed it recently, Bugbear Strongman is a walk in the park.

Ugh Endy!! You reminded me of that jerk Hotpot, he was just craptastic to camp. lol <3 ya and miss ya bunches!!
[+]
By bluedeathva 2013-10-18 12:41:51  
Bahamut.Unafay said: »
Ugh Endy, you reminded me of that jerk!!

Ugh Endy!! You reminded me of that jerk Hotpot, he was just craptastic to camp. lol <3 ya and miss ya bunches!!
Lol can't wait.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2013-10-18 12:46:23  
Tried foe 2 hours no pop no kill.

Obviously you are a new player and as such I will not be too mean. Lottery NMs can take up to 12 hours to pop. Having done a few empyrean weapons, you will spend a lot of time camping these NMs, just because something doesn't pop within 2 hours doesn't mean that there is a trick to popping it, just have to wait longer. Patience is a virtue when doing lottery NMs. But I agree also, forget empy weapons, unless going for Daurdabla or Ochain, because those are the only relevant Empyrean weapons left (until they do the REM update).
[+]
By Davorin 2013-10-18 13:15:26  
If you think it s a patience thing you can suck it cause I have the Helldiver trial twice and it took 9 hours the first time. Rationale took 12 hours cause japs nuff said right? Also I have a kannagi.
Don't you just love how most people's first response is to *** and not offer advice even when asked? But ty for the placeholder info. Cause I had been killing all 3.
Not really sure what you expected. Put a little more effort into finding info? Anyway: Bugbear Strongman. Good luck.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-18 13:18:13  
Lottery pops have a chance to pop every time the placeholder repops after the window opens. There's no maximum pop time, it's like rolling a d20 once every 5 minutes until you get a 20. It's chance of popping remains constant every repop. If you're one of those people who thinks it's 'due' to pop after a certain time, see: Gambler's Fallacy.
 Bismarck.Herzins
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2013-10-18 13:33:35  
It can also pop right after it's killed, it's happened to me a few times, anywho, if you think camping this nm sucks, wait till you get to the stage where you need 50/50 and 75 items to upgrade, that takes time, are you going to give up then?
[+]
By Tarutue 2013-10-18 15:17:55  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »
It can also pop right after it's killed, it's happened to me a few times, anywho, if you think camping this nm sucks, wait till you get to the stage where you need 50/50 and 75 items to upgrade, that takes time, are you going to give up then?

1500 Heavy Metal Plates. 60 Dross/Cinder etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2013-10-18 15:33:50  
its a true lotto spawn which means quite literally it will spawn when-ever it feels like be it after 17hours or back to back.
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2013-10-18 15:38:08  
Tarutue said: »
Bismarck.Herzins said: »

1500 Heavy Metal Plates. 60 Dross/Cinder etc.

yup xD
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-10-19 12:32:36  
Yeah thanks to the oh info I was able to get him to pop 30 minutes after what I thought was window. On my 3rd kill he actually spawned off of himself but I left to help my friend do COP 3-3 i.e. climb the mountain. So when I got back there it was waiting for me lol.
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-10-19 12:38:09  
At any point did you figure out I'm a Kannagi NIN and a full AF RUN. This is the long boring part, Caraboose and Crein croin is the easy part. I am new and don't craft so this part is excruciating to me.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2013-10-19 12:54:19  

Actually Hotpot got a lot easier to camp now. Instead of being in that wide open area in the basement, it's down at the end of the hallway past BG #2 in a rather small room. So it's much easier to keep track of the PH now.