[Dev] List of Suggestions with Answers
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-03 20:30:39  
08-30-2013 05:02 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings, everyone!

There's a lot of great suggestions and feedback in this thread! We know there are some of you out there who may not have seen all of the comments and responses that were provided during the Beta Test, so we'd like to take a moment to catch you up on some of the requests in this thread that we've addressed in the past.

Gameplay

Allow to talk to NPCs while mounted
We're currently placing emphasis on the world and how the characters inhabit it, and talking while on chocobo is prohibited. This is because there is a possibility that the atmosphere of events and such will be destroyed. While this is possible system-wise, we'd like to look into this carefully while taking these conditions into consideration.

Chat

Make pressing ESC clear chat box, pressing ESC again remove chat from focus
This is the system that was in 1.0, but we received a lot of feedback requesting to make it so what was input into it couldn't be deleted mid-way. We will look into a config setting that will let you delete text when you cancel out of log window input mode.

In regards to getting out of chat mode, by using key binds it will be possible to exit out of chat mode quickly, so please try and use them.

Inventory

Add the option to display all inventory/bank pages at once in one window
Due to memory consumption issues, we limited inventory to be displayed in 1 tab. While we are going to make adjustments to enhance the convenience of using a single tab, we are considering adding options for players using higher resolutions to display multiple tabs at the same time.

Add a "sort inventory"-button
We plan on addressing this in a future patch, but please check here for a feature that is being worked on.

User Interface

Add item-previews (on click, from inventory, bank, vendor, etc)
We are planning to add a preview feature in a future patch!

Make cut-scenes on airships only play the first time you travel/make this an option.
We would like to carefully look into the pros and cons of implementing a skip setting for the cutscenes for the airship and ferry. We'd like to hear more from you so please let us know how you feel about this.

Add item-comparisons (side-to-side; with stat-comparison, not just base value)
We're considering changes to show the status window for gear in your inventory and currently equipped gear together when placing the mouse over items in your inventory. However, should it prove to be difficult due to screen or UI constraints, we will find a way to easily compare your currently equipped gear and other items.

Add options for speech-bubbles
Text bubbles cause a lot more stress compared to logs. Unfortunately, we currently have no plans to implement this feature because of the impact on the hardware.

Add map-markers
The map in FFXIV has been designed to reflect a great deal of information so that there would be no need to use notes. However, there may be situations where markers like the ones used in FFXI could be essential, such as marking locations in an instanced dungeon. The team is working on a function that could allow party members to share information on the map or link map markers to the log window and are looking to introduce it in a future patch.

Add option to choose which duties are shown in duty tracker
Based on a large volume of feedback, this is currently being looked into. Once we receive word about official implementation we will be sure to let you all know.

Market Board should prompt "list items individually or as a stack" when selling stuff
We answered a thread related to this suggestion here. Please let us know your feedback.

We'll continue to deliver all of your feedback to the development team, and we'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as we receive word of anything new.

-----------------

We've been sending all your requests to the development team, and I'd like to respond to what we can at the moment.

-Allow users to input text in the chatbox for items and map markers that others can click and view.
The development team definitely understands the need for this and is currently looking into implementing this.

-Add a single click way to add the maximum amount of an item for vendors, banks, etc. rather than manually typing the exact number.
The team is currently looking into making this process easier.

We'll continue to provide responses as we get them!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-03 20:49:32  
First off, Holy purple threads!

A few items off this list I've already thought would be improvements to the game and im glad im on the same page with the community and devs.

- Sort Inventory Button
- Item Preview
- Item Comparison
- Map Marker

All these I would love to see.

I big thing that bothered me soooooo much when leveling was after certain quests when offered gear choices, I would always have to cancel out of the quest and hopefully remember the stats of that armor to compare it to my current. Hopefully they make it so when you highlight a piece of gear it shows comparison to what youre currently wearing in that gear slot.