Bismarck.Casnik
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2013-08-25 09:36:57  
English forums down for me as well so can't see if they posted anything... grrr
By Thunderz 2013-08-25 09:44:00  
Excalibur seems to have exploded again

DF not working as well as solo instances (started about 10am~)
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-25 10:17:01  
I think they have underestimated how many EU/NA people are actually wanting to play this. Hopefully they will have all this crap fixed by tuesday but I am surprised nothing like this happened during the open beta as that was the last stress test. DF was working fine apart from the odd 90k error it didnt implode this bad.

Edit: wouldnt adding more intance servers releave most if not all the strain we have been putting on the poor thing?
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-25 10:35:01  
The interest in the game is a great thing, the issues stemming from it is just unfortunate. It should be worked out eventually.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 10:57:15  
No one should expect anything be given to you due to these issues. You didn't pay for early access. it was given to you for free for pre-ordering.

I rather this all gets worked out now then when it goes live on Tuesday.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-25 11:33:36  
Not sure if anyone noticed but movie just ended and I tried to log in and got in on Adamantoise.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-25 12:20:00  
Tried to log into Excalibur butlost connection with server and now keeps saying world is full :( andnow won't even bring up na worlds
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-25 22:48:54  
Emergency Maintenance starting at 9:00 PDT to 10:30 PDT.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-25 22:53:12  
ugh do I stay up for another hour and a half or go to bed...
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 23:29:17  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Hopefully they will have all this crap fixed by tuesday but I am surprised nothing like this happened during the open beta

They most certainly did have these very same problems during open beta actually. As for it being fixed by Tuesday, I certainly hope they do but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. They had five days to get it fixed between open beta and early access and they couldn't do it. Couple that with another likely increase in server populations come this Tuesday and I'd say they gonna be dealing with problems like this popping up for at least the first couple of weeks.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-26 12:44:53  
wow, icould log on with no issues today. it's a miracle!
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-26 12:56:37  
Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
wow, icould log on with no issues today. it's a miracle!

Scared me for a sec there... just about to get off work and see the Emergency Maint thread bumped...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-26 14:15:02  
going to get off work in 6 hours D: i bet excalibur will still be full though. /cry
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-26 15:20:42  
wtf is this crap... not even a que anymore? Just a message telling you "servers full, sucks to be you"
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2013-08-26 16:20:52  
They took off the queue for NA/EU servers and put a limit to character entry to prevent a server crash. It seems the new servers weren't ready for the game... though hopefully they are fixed for the official launch.

Here's the explanation/apology from Yoshida, posted around an hour ago.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-26 17:02:38  
Naoki Yoshida said:
(...)

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a server crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

(...)

I mean, I get it. They didn't size the server load capacity correctly, and the number of subscriptions still active 6 months from now might not be as high as on launch, so they want to let the game run great for (making up a random number) 80% of the player base rather than potentially crashing the servers or making the game practically unplayable (or unenjoyable) for 100% of the player base.

I understand, and I don't have a problem with it, per se (trying to avoid getting into the whole "pre-order vs launch day" and "expect problems with any new MMO" debates on this post).

Just two things that bother me:

I wish they set an idle time logout period as default; sure there are going to be players that are gonna turn the setting off, but if someone goes afk for 2 hours, let someone else struggling to log in get on.

Set the incoming player queue to some stupidly high number rather than just 1017 it! I'd rather see that I'm 42,332 in queue and know that if I go do something else for half an hour I'll see it move up and get on eventually rather than playing the Russian Roulette "Click Start > Click Character > Confirm Login > 1017 OK > Repeat" game.

I mean, I'm sure there's some technical reason that the login queue is only a few hundred people (I assume... I've never seen it above 350).

The apology sort of worries me because they haven't mentioned how long the login restrictions are going to take effect though...

(Edit, typo fix, and) The inability to reliably log on at any time is just going to force most of the people to get on to not sign off when they're not playing... I know if I get in I'm probably not logging out when I'm done...
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-26 17:07:40  
^ I agree with both of these. I see people shouting all day "Dont log off!" and it's the same with the maints. I was getting kicked cause there was a maint about to happen yesterday that wasn't posted anywhere. Might have been a crash > emergency maint but I couldnt find any info until maybe an hour after spamming the login button. Just wish I woulda known I was spamming for nothing cause I could got food or popped in a movie or something.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-26 18:07:24  
Is there ever gonna be a point where anyone that actually wants to play the game actually can? What are they gonna do when another influx of players try to join at launch tomorrow? Atm its like 50/50 whether you can actually log on and play on a given day.That apology is nice and all but it didnt say anything about when this log in restriction could be lifted.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-26 18:36:20  
Well considering that they already got their first month's subscription from the players initial purchase of the game they basically have a month to fix this, since the subscription you get from purchasing the game lasts 30 days. Definitely wont be renewing subscription until this issue is dealt with though that's for sure. Even if that means getting unsubscribed by the end of the month.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-08-26 20:28:34  
To think the Japanese serve Typhon....the main towns...are literally ghost towns O__o

You can barely see people around,....I almost full solo Bubbly FATE event...took it down to 50% as GLD.....low lvl areas? like 2 person soloing stuff <.<
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-26 21:15:19  
Ragnarok.Titox said: »
To think the Japanese serve Typhon....the main towns...are literally ghost towns O__o

You can barely see people around,....I almost full solo Bubbly FATE event...took it down to 50% as GLD.....low lvl areas? like 2 person soloing stuff <.<
I noticed the same thing the other night when I signed on Atomos when I couldn't get in NA... I think the only other people in the city were the few other people doing the same thing I was.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-08-26 21:59:44  
I keep getting unable to complete version check error, anyone else get this?

edit: found the problem, when connecting to a new network with a hamachi network set up it somehow causes issues. I uninstalled the hamachi network and I am good to go now

rest assured minecrafters! Also to remove a hamachi network Device Manager > Network > hamachi network > uninstall
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-26 22:11:08  
i just wanna log on, so i can rest in my room... uughghgg... hate you so much SE.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-28 02:05:42  
Begins:
Aug 28, 2013 0:00 PDT
Ends:
Aug 28, 2013 3:00 PDT
Automatically converted to your timezone

From 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. on Aug. 28 (PDT) / Aug. 28 8:00 to 11:00 (GMT), emergency maintenance will be performed on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

08/27/2013 9:23 PM
[Maintenance] All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug.28)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the following operations. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]
- Address minor issues discovered since Early Access as well as previously confirmed issues
- Preparations for adding new Worlds in the following week
- Preparations for handling an influx in concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 28, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

* [Updated: Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:20 p.m. (PDT)] Added maintenance details.