言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Assorted updates
Assorted updates
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-08-06 09:29:40  
Well I don't have any updates to the site to report just mainly answer some questions I've been getting.

Merits
It's been brought to my attention that new merits have been added. I am going to work with GW to get the ids for these merits so that they are inserted correctly.

New Items
I am going to try to get that today. I use linux for work and still need to get FFXI installed on virutalbox to update the dats.

New AH category
SE added a new category for Geomancer scrolls. Cliff is helping me pull the sales/stock for these items. We are almost there, just a minor snag.

FFXIVPro
A lot of people have been asking me to be able to verify characters with the new lodestone. I don't have this setup properly yet. I will also likely be wiping all old FFXIV information from the DB. I don't have a data source for stuff like items so I can't add that yet. If you know of a tool that is available for parsing dats (or if you are good at creating stuff like that), send me a PM :)

I will occasionally peek in the chat page.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-08-06 09:41:41  
Hi Scragg

I was wondering if in your busy schedule - if you have a chance if you can add the following two things:

1. Coalition Assignments Check list

2. So that Guildwork can update your missions since the Linkshell Community is on perm maint

EDIT: And as always - TY for all you do!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-06 09:42:20  
I, too, will occasionally reach an apex in the chatroom.

(I think you meant 'peek'. :D)
[+]
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-08-06 09:46:24  
Phoenix.Kojo said: »
I, too, will occasionally reach an apex in the chatroom.

(I think you meant 'peek'. :D)

/sigh
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-06 09:48:00  
On a minor note we should finally have the icons for run and geo headgear! No more blanks!
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-06 09:48:03  
freakin kojo direct line to my funny bone as always
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-06 09:49:12  
Valefor.Houppelande said: »
2. So that Guildwork can update your missions since the Linkshell Community is on perm maint
This would be great, it makes me sad to not have the mission progress checked :(
[+]
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-08-06 09:56:18  
I will ask Stan about it. Maybe he is already sending me that data and I don't even know it. I'm clueless these days.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-06 10:00:58  
What about the ability to change account names when XIV goes live? I know it's sounds kinda pointless, but I can't be the only one to have named my account after a character I no longer play, and now want to change it. >.>
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-08-06 10:05:05  
Scragg said: »
I will ask Stan about it. Maybe he is already sending me that data and I don't even know it. I'm clueless these days.

TY so much!
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-08-06 10:08:20  
What about the ability to change account names when XIV goes live? I know it's sounds kinda pointless, but I can't be the only one to have named my account after a character I no longer play, and now want to change it. >.>

Maybe I will do something like that, it will have to be in a controlled manner.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-06 10:09:49  

It was also mentioned that I could create a new account on the XIV side and tie them together, but I'm not sure how to do that.

EDIT: Just noticed I can simply change my name on GW, so that's less effort anyone has to put in. (And yes, I know it's girly, it's a song.)
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-08-06 10:19:02  

It was also mentioned that I could create a new account on the XIV side and tie them together, but I'm not sure how to do that.

I cannot merge 2 user accounts, so that would be a bad thing to do.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-06 10:21:24  

I cannot merge 2 user accounts, so that would be a bad thing to do.
I wasn't seeing a way. If nothing else, I can just create a new account on the XIVPro side, only problem lies in my friend list, and I'm not sure if I actually can relink my GW account to a new account.
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-06 10:21:46  
Somewhat random but on the topic of "assorted updates". Should consider with the importance of delve weapons (given whatever is going to happen with REM updates so i guess after that happens) perhaps an achievement bar for owning these. Though it should be much lower in number. Would also be useful for ls leaders looking for members easily.
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-08-06 10:26:12  
Shiva.Tedril said: »
Somewhat random but on the topic of "assorted updates". Should consider with the importance of delve weapons (given whatever is going to happen with REM updates so i guess after that happens) perhaps an achievement bar for owning these. Though it should be much lower in number. Would also be useful for ls leaders looking for members easily.

When you say "achievement bar" - do you mean like a little icon like REM?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-06 10:29:26  

When you say "achievement bar" - do you mean like a little icon like REM?
Ya sorry, I just was thinking of it like when you look under the achievement section of a player each section has a completion bar at the top. But ya with the icons. Not Necessarily where the "relics" are on the main characters page though. I was just thinking under the achievement spot under the rems.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-06 10:31:03  
Just to chime in here, RQ, there is a Recently Equipped-ish page, but it only seems to work if you have GW up, as LSC is Forever Maintenance.

EDIT: That was kinda vague, my point was that you can see if a person has equipped a delve weapon in the past through that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2013-08-06 10:32:03  
Somewhat random but on the topic of "assorted updates". Should consider with the importance of delve weapons (given whatever is going to happen with REM updates so i guess after that happens) perhaps an achievement bar for owning these.

No, no, no. For one, the Delve boss weapons are direct drops, or buyable with an amount of plasm that ultimately comes from three successful runs. It's not like you can't rack them up pretty quickly.

Additionally, since the plan seems to be to phase this stuff out over time anyway, I'm not sure we'll ever have a permanent top tier of weapons like that again.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-08-06 10:35:26  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Somewhat random but on the topic of "assorted updates". Should consider with the importance of delve weapons (given whatever is going to happen with REM updates so i guess after that happens) perhaps an achievement bar for owning these.
No, no, no. For one, the Delve boss weapons are direct drops, or buyable with an amount of plasm that ultimately comes from three successful runs. It's not like you can't rack them up pretty quickly. Additionally, since the plan seems to be to phase this stuff out over time anyway, I'm not sure we'll ever have a permanent top tier of weapons like that again.

100% agree - and if you would ever do that for a silly thing like Delve weapons - might as well bring back Maat's cap and add Ebisu Fishing Rod. Two items which take a hell of alot more work to obtain than a Delve weapon.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-06 17:09:19  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
No, no, no. For one, the Delve boss weapons are direct drops, or buyable with an amount of plasm that ultimately comes from three successful runs. It's not like you can't rack them up pretty quickly. Additionally, since the plan seems to be to phase this stuff out over time anyway, I'm not sure we'll ever have a permanent top tier of weapons like that again.

100% agree - and if you would ever do that for a silly thing like Delve weapons - might as well bring back Maat's cap and add Ebisu Fishing Rod. Two items which take a hell of alot more work to obtain than a Delve weapon.
It wasn't necessarily for the point of being cool, I mean having a 99 job takes like 2 days but it's worth than an empyrean. The main point was having a reliable simple of showing what you got besides a long often outdated list of equips. But I agree, that they may suck soon which is why we should wait on the idea. Also, for the points just make it really low.
Edit: and for the rod you already Get points for the craft where as there is no good way to track progress in delve experience.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-06 17:34:56  
Theres this site for XIV its got all the items in the phase 3 beta atm.

http://xivdb.com/