users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » bayld farming strategies please
bayld farming strategies please
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-07-22 15:02:41  
Might as well do the skirmish run and get some weapons that will become updatable in august...not to mention get some geo scrolls that can get you a couple hundred K, as well as some of the synth mats that are pretty pricey (I'm looking at you philosopher stone)

OH NO I LET THAT OUT OF THE BAG AS WELL AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Kyler 2013-08-15 13:42:37  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Chyula said: »
Skirmish cird. cave one, 5k-7k per 1 minute run depend on quality of the Feet item. 6 ppl buying KI come out 30k+ for no longer than 10 minutes.
This is a good idea in theory but sometimes the Noetic Ascension will spawn past a wall that forces you to kill all 6-8 mobs in a room nearby to remove the wall.

So make sure you go as jobs prepared to fight.

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've done 50+ runs and I've never seen it spawn behind a wall. It's not always near the entrance or on wide scan because it looks like its a bunch of maps for the zone but I've never had to kill anything.

Edit: only done cirdas, it may vary for other zones
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-08-15 13:44:30  
Fastest is probably Rala Skirmish.

Coalition Assignments in the long run for a constant supply and rank ups to decrease cost of certain bayld items and possible new KI's obtained.

Yorcia Weald for colonization revies to farm Yorcia head pieces for future skirmish and other body parts, capes, and can harvest in the area for additional gil. This will give you a constant supply of skirmish pop items in case the AH runs low or prices are too high.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-15 13:44:38  
Skirmish cird. cave one, 5k-7k per 1 minute run depend on quality of the Feet item. 6 ppl buying KI come out 30k+ for no longer than 10 minutes.
This is a good idea in theory but sometimes the Noetic Ascension will spawn past a wall that forces you to kill all 6-8 mobs in a room nearby to remove the wall.

I've only had this happen on runs where someone used a Tier 1 Faithful Legs. Haven't had that happen with Tier 2 or higher yet.
 Lakshmi.Toioiz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Toioiz
By Lakshmi.Toioiz 2013-08-15 13:50:54  
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

I've only had this happen on runs where someone used a Tier 1 Faithful Legs. Haven't had that happen with Tier 2 or higher yet.

This is my experience as well.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-08-15 14:09:40  
Lakshmi.Toioiz said: »
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

This is my experience as well.

If you're referring to when it isn't on widescan at the start, it also may just be past the spiders but not behind the wall. Past the spiders it beyond rng's widescan.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-15 14:14:24  
I don't recall spiders in Cirdas. Maybe that's Rala? I don't use wide scan either, it's usually no further than a 15 second run (with Mazurka + Bolter's).
By Pantafernando 2013-08-15 15:00:58  
There are 5 possible place to na be in cirdas. In those 5 places just one require killing mobs, so using legs ii or higher will place an ascension in a place that dont requires to clear an area.
Using ws in start, even as /bst its in range to spot 3 possible nas. 1 in east very near, 1 in west very near and the last in west a little further, being that the one who requires to clear the room.
In case you dont spot any na at start, proceed east to enter in next map. There, 1 na can be spotted, and its in the tunnel in southeast direction. If no sign in second map, its in third map in tunnel in east direction, proceding south in the third map.

In rala i dont do skirmish often but isnt always a nm in the way to north and south maps? Or its possible to avoid all in any na position? Also is there any place where clearing nm is require to open the way?
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-08-15 23:31:14  
Pantafernando said: »
In rala i dont do skirmish often but isnt always a nm in the way to north and south maps? Or its possible to avoid all in any na position? Also is there any place where clearing nm is require to open the way?

That Eft NM is often in the way, but there are many ways to deal with it. Have your designated NA-finder on a job that can stun, bind, or gravity it. Buys you enough time (especially with movement speed gear) to go pop the NA. Or just have them be BST abd pop an inexpensive jug pet, put it on the NM, and run to the NA. Could also just have a THF aggro it and flee while you go hit the NA. Or even just have ppl come with you and fight it while you run past. There are tons of ways to easily bypass that little hiccup.
By Chyula 2013-08-19 01:20:19  
I think the august update added new locations behind the wall, before update I never have to go behind the wall but after update it is like 1 out of 3 we have to kill bats to gain access behind the wall. Maybe I'm just lucky before the august patch.
 Bismarck.Casnik
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2013-08-19 13:15:48  
Any boost in the economy is a good thing so quit whining.

Also to note.... Pet classes are the best for Reive farming especially in Marjime where things get stupid. Don't try to afk in the tunnel or even stand there truthfully because when people get too much aggro they run ... straight into you... and then it's mpk time. Get on the far side of the reive if you can and put your pet on a boulder. snk/invis yourself and then you can pretty much laugh at all the people getting wiped.
By Otomis 2013-08-19 13:52:01  
Skirmish!
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-08-21 05:31:01  
The new Yorcia Weild skirmish can give over 9k bayld for one Noetic Accension if you build your pop KI with the higher tier items.