What To Merit On RUN?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » What to merit on RUN?
What to merit on RUN?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-09 16:13:16  
Hey, you're welcome.
[+]
By darthmaull 2013-08-09 16:14:40  
Right now I'm 5 Battuta, 4 Inspiration and 1 Rayke. I want to try Rayke out the next time I do Tax'et. See if it may make him use his TP move more frequently if the enfeebles land easier. If it works while using three different runes to allow three different weakness then it may come in handy. Problem is I don't know of any RUN that has this merited and have tested. If it's not that noticeable with 1 merit then I'll redo and put back into inspiration.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-09 16:19:56  
if your mages are having issues landing enfeebles on tax'et then you need new mages
By Enuyasha 2013-08-09 16:21:23  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
if your mages are having issues landing enfeebles on tax'et then you need new mages
Yea, i was gunna use it for less Lunge resists :<
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-09 16:24:16  
Wouldn't Exuviation just remove the Rayke effect anyway?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-09 16:29:11  
I'm keeping Rayke mainly as a "just in case" kind of thing, it looks like it could be useful one day and then I would regret not having it...so far it hasn't happened though, I'm just a bit paranoid maybe.
[+]
By darthmaull 2013-08-09 16:32:37  
Come to think of it it probably would. Also, Prothescar makes a good point. After looking over the merits and from what I have observed, the rune enchantment only really boosts my per hit with the added effect and probably Lunge. Pflug may actually be the better option to keep rebuffs from landing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-09 16:37:16  
As fas as I know runes merits only enhance the defensive effect, not the damage dealt.
By darthmaull 2013-08-09 16:52:03  
You maybe right sehachan. Come to think of it my per hit additional damage maybe coming from Senbaak. If that is the case then Pflug would be better to help against mobs that like to cast debuffs.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-08-09 17:14:04  
I thought Gambit was accuracy and Rayke was like an elemental affinity damage buff...

I'd kill for Pflug duration instead of proc rate. Maybe we'll see better coverage when Empy/Relic hits, because this whole 'elementally invulnerable and capped parry rate for three minutes, followed by dead' is not good for the job.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-09 17:24:10  
No you have it backwards. Gambit is +10% damage dealt per rune, Rayke is an unquantified, probably -5 or -10 per rune, magic evasion reduction.
By Enuyasha 2013-08-09 17:41:37  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
I thought Gambit was accuracy and Rayke was like an elemental affinity damage buff...

I'd kill for Pflug duration instead of proc rate. Maybe we'll see better coverage when Empy/Relic hits, because this whole 'elementally invulnerable and capped parry rate for three minutes, followed by dead' is not good for the job.
Im hoping the battuta augment on relic+2 gives it higher duration and proc rate myself.

Inspiration would be great if it was like 5% chance of quickmagic/merit.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-09 17:57:32  
Going by this:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Magic_Evasion

Rune effect merits with 3 of the same rune up gives between a 15% and 30% magic evasion rate (likely closer to 30% as I'm fairly sure we can push > 50% base resist rate without merits) and it can be full timed.

If you are fighting something and your mag eva is capped without the merits (Likely something insignificant in that case) then even a +20% resist rate bonus on pflug will only be reducing the number of received enfeebles by 1 out of 100 casts (assuming pflug is applied in a diff step, otherwise it's also doing nothing).
Especially true of light/dark based enfeebles as we are less likely to be hitting capped mag eva for these elements with the lack of barlight/dark.

It's extremely rare to have an enfeeble land without pflug up using 3 of the same rune. I could maybe see it being more useful if you were using 3 diff runes & dropping your base evasion below a 50% resist rate. However, it's still 5% evasion per rune minimum purely from magic evasion, it's applied to damaging spells too and it's up full time.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-03 09:01:09  
Can anyone share a successful alliance setup that was being used with run at the shark?

Party a b c

Thanks
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-03 09:21:17  
Monk monk run cor bard whm
Sam run drg cor bard whm
Sch sch rdm geo geo whatever

This is what we used, fights were np.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-09-03 09:23:43  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Monk monk run cor bard whm
Sam run drg cor bard whm
Sch sch rdm geo geo whatever

This is what we used, fights were np.

Thank You

Oh 1 more thing? Did the mnks still sub run??