users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Uk'uxkaj Boots
Uk'uxkaj Boots
 Asura.Voevode
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-08 14:37:24  
Was hoping for some rdm goodies in this update... and I'm kind of speechless.

DEF:39 HP+10 MP+13 STR+8 DEX+9 VIT+8 AGI+28 INT+15 MND+16 CHR+29 Evasion+43 Magic Evasion+93 Enhances enfeebling magic effect

The MEVA +93 kind of makes me lol.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-07-08 14:40:01  
Asura.Voevode said: »
Was hoping for some rdm goodies in this update... and I'm kind of speechless.

DEF:39 HP+10 MP+13 STR+8 DEX+9 VIT+8 AGI+28 INT+15 MND+16 CHR+29 Evasion+43 Magic Evasion+93 Enhances enfeebling magic effect

The MEVA +93 kind of makes me lol.

RDM tank????
 Asura.Voevode
サーバ: Asura
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-08 14:43:28  
Oh and more for the MEVA/EVA arsenal for rdm tanking:

Buremte Hat

DEF:56 HP+28 MP+30 STR+20 DEX+20 VIT+20 AGI+20 INT+24 MND+24 CHR+24 Magic Accuracy+15 Magic damage+35 Evasion+28 Magic Evasion+65

(and I guess it's not a bad nuking hat too)

And I also just wasted a lot of time making MACC staves...

Club for everything, thanks SE.

DMG:88 Delay:216 INT+5 MND+5 Magic Accuracy+90 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+12 Magic Damage+99 Club skill +188 Parrying skill +188 Healing magic skill+15 "Cure" potency+22%
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-07-08 22:24:53  
Hands are cool for lolmeleeRDM too, finally enough DEX on a piece to make CDC actually seem less horribly geared on RDM.

So far as the boots go... I wonder how much of a % potency increase "Enhances enfeebling magic effect" gives.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2013-07-08 22:57:01  
too bad almace is bad now?
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-08 23:06:16  
Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »
too bad almace is bad now?

No more "bad" than red mage melee is anyway, so doubt anyone planning to melee on red mage cares.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-07-08 23:38:11  
The thing that disturbs me most is that SE clearly isn't even trying anymore to come up with names for things... Uk'uxkaj? Really? That's pretty Fahkin'Ghey.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-07-08 23:42:09  
Well first off, Almace is not good, no, but once the RME99 update comes, or at least the Coin weapon update, CDC will be on available on all swords, which means it will easily be the best WS for RDM. Besides that, Almace 99 itself might not be to horrible either, which means it could be viable for that reason as well, even though Excalibur will almost assuredly beat out Almace still. So far as RDMs not caring, I care quite a bit, its finally new melee gear, something which RDM rarely sees in my opinion. In either case, this gear is over all a very nice change for RDM, and thankfully I waited till after this update to do my Magic Acc staves, since I am guessing that club is from one of the new WKs... Its time to get Reiving.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-07-08 23:48:15  
Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
Uk'uxkaj
its an alternate spelling of Ukucaj wich translates from a few languages <Croatian Serbain> to punch, tho it is random cuz id expect a name like that for MNK/PUP boots lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-08 23:50:08  
I don't see how CDC is the best WS for RDM when it requires a ton of attack and dex to be good. Even with those new pieces, RDM still suffers from a lack of gear to support CDC as well as a lack of gear for CDC that has other practical uses. Unless its a specifically magic resistant mob or you somehow manage to squeeze all your various casting sets into 70 or so slots (which is do-able), Requiescat is still probably your best option.

The real power of Almace for RDM was always the aftermath.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-07-08 23:50:28  
I think they are trying to think of names, they are just struggling to succeed at coming up with pronounceable ones. I mean they pick things that are words, or close to words, as names for things, the problem is that we have no earthly idea what they mean or how to say the most of the time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-08 23:52:22  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Hands are cool for lolmeleeRDM too, finally enough DEX on a piece to make CDC actually seem less horribly geared on RDM. So far as the boots go... I wonder how much of a % potency increase "Enhances enfeebling magic effect" gives.

Fea's Cuffs aren't bad for RDM CDC either.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-08 23:52:34  
>CDC requires a ton of attack to be good
>ws with heavy attack penalty is better
FLAWLESS VICTORY
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-07-08 23:56:13  
I am simply going by the spreadsheet when I say RDM will be using CDC. Before now CDC would beat out Req & KoR on Excalibur, and using Almace instead of Excalibur it was only slightly behind at 99. This update gave RDM a Hat with 20STR & 20DEX, our old best was Maat's Cap or the Add-on head with certain augments. Besides that they gave us these hands, our old best hands were Fea's, 7STR & 7DEX, these have 9STR & 31DEX. While it can be said that the head has 24MND and the hands have 26MND to help Req, as I said before, CDC would win right now if you could use it with Excalibur on RDM. So after the update that lets us use CDC with any weapon, it should be on top even without these, but with them, its just getting better. Besides that, these are awesome TP hands for RDM as well, nice STR, tons of DEX, and 20 Accuracy which helps with our hitting issues, so in the end, amazing gear came out way this time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-08 23:58:03  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
>CDC requires a ton of attack to be good
>ws with heavy attack penalty is better
FLAWLESS VICTORY
ws with more favorable mod considering you'd be carrying a ton of mnd gear already was the point. survival has always been the advantage for rdm and a more optimized cure, fastcast, enhancing, and dt setup does more for the inventory space than the marginal damage increase from cdc.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-07-09 00:02:56  
Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
Uk'uxkaj
its an alternate spelling of Ukucaj wich translates from a few languages <Croatian Serbain> to punch, tho it is random cuz id expect a name like that for MNK/PUP boots lol

No... Don't give them that... You're only enabling them.

They're getting back into that random sounds and syllables separated by apostrophes lack of thought process like when they named every monster in sea... Those were dark days...

Fkuj'haura... You like that? I just named a new piece of armor... It's an alternate spelling of a Swahili word that roughly translates to "I just made this sh*t up."
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-07-09 00:14:09  
Uk'uxkaj

Uk'ux Kaj means roughly "Heart of the Sky" in Mayan. I'd wager most of the new items are the same given their looks and how we all know SE is very well versed in other languages and lore when they come up with names for stuff in their games.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-07-09 00:43:07  
Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
Uk'uxkaj

Uk'ux Kaj means roughly "Heart of the Sky" in Mayan. I'd wager most of the new items are the same given their looks and how we all know SE is very well versed in other languages and lore when they come up with names for stuff in their games.
ah forgot bout the space lol should of grabbed some of my old text books for that :x
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-09 10:52:52  
Odin.Jassik said: »
I don't see how CDC is the best WS for RDM when it requires a ton of attack and dex to be good. Even with those new pieces, RDM still suffers from a lack of gear to support CDC as well as a lack of gear for CDC that has other practical uses. Unless its a specifically magic resistant mob or you somehow manage to squeeze all your various casting sets into 70 or so slots (which is do-able), Requiescat is still probably your best option.

No .. just no.

CDC is the better WS, assuming all things are equal. The bigger your weapons base DMG is the better CDC gets and the lower your cRatio is, the better CDC gets.

5.25 fTP, 60% DEX, crits (+15% @100)

7.2 fTP, 100% MND, -20% attack

CDC wins easily, the AM effect is just icing that further push's it up. Only RDM's utter lack of amazing DEX pieces allowed the excal + Req combo to pull slightly ahead.

I also play BLU and have access to a 99 Almace and Req @5/5. Prior to SoA weapons blowing that Almace apart in DPS, CDC easily won on anything without PDT resistances.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-09 11:07:19  
Reread my post, I didn't say anything about requiescat being superior for damage. CDC does slightly better damage but requires a nearly complete WS set, whereas requiescat uses mostly pieces you'd already be carrying. I said requiescat is probably still your best bet because that inventory space would be more effectively used for survivablity gear. I even said that RDM melee has never been about raw damage.

If melee RDM was about DPS, you'd go BLU anyway.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-10 05:11:12  

Be a f*cking man and own up when your wrong.

Quote:

You'll be using a full TP and WS gear set in either situation, you will not be WSing in mage gear with Req.

*Note*
Viability of melee RDM not withstanding. Currently the job's melee component is only viable when your off with friends screwing around on old stuff.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-10 05:17:41  
CDC is not the best WS for RDM because it cannot be used with Buramen'kah, otherwise it is the best general-purpose WS for any job that wants to use a sword and can use the WS.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-10 05:20:41  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
CDC is not the best WS for RDM because it cannot be used with Buramen'kah, otherwise it is the best general-purpose WS for any job that wants to use a sword and can use the WS.

*Cough*

Actually read the thread before attempting to snipe.

This was in the context of after the RMEC update where they allowed Emp WS's to be used by any weapons.

Now you may continue failing.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-10 05:38:54  
I was basically agreeing with you, but you can argue with me because you feel like it if you want to.

Edit: perhaps if you read it as "the only reason CDC isn't the best for RDM is because you can't use it on a modern ("item level") weapon" it'll make sense to your stubborn head.
[+]
By failacious 2013-07-10 05:51:29  
Welcome to the RDM Forum!

Where everyone talks about rdm meleeing and the points dont matter.

On topic, please post findings of "enhances enfeebling effect"!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-10 05:55:37  
Surely you didn't think a RDM topic that didn't discuss RDM melee was possible?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-10 10:00:29  
I don't see how CDC is the best WS for RDM when it requires a ton of attack and dex to be good. Even with those new pieces, RDM still suffers from a lack of gear to support CDC as well as a lack of gear for CDC that has other practical uses. Unless its a specifically magic resistant mob or you somehow manage to squeeze all your various casting sets into 70 or so slots (which is do-able), Requiescat is still probably your best option. The real power of Almace for RDM was always the aftermath.
ws with more favorable mod considering you'd be carrying a ton of mnd gear already was the point. survival has always been the advantage for rdm and a more optimized cure, fastcast, enhancing, and dt setup does more for the inventory space than the marginal damage increase from cdc.

Sav, you really need to learn to read instead of attacking people.

I guess suddenly things like Hedera Cotehardie, Rubeus Spats, Morrigan's Robe, Aquasoul Rings, etc, are not mage gear but Maat's Cap is.

I cited that the main issue with CDC is the inventory space and lack of gear with other uses.

The only thing I never said blatantly was that CDC does more damage than Requiescat assuming comperable weapons. Which means nothing because there aren't comperable weapons.