Runefencer As A Subjob?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Runefencer as a Subjob?
Runefencer as a Subjob?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-14 15:12:09  
Just curious what sorta jobs would benefit from this job as a Subjob.

Currently all the Runefencers I know, claim they can do everything as well as (or better) than other jobs. Even had one friend show up main job Runefencer with an intent to heal the party. (don't ask)

Anyhow, was just curious what scenarios this main job would be good to sub?

I had briefly thought maybe Lunge would be in similar company with Quick Draw. That maybe it'd be a nice combination move with Cor Empy +2 boots, since we'd use essentially the same gear for Quick Draw.

Also don't see anywhere if Lunge generates TP.

Anyhow, obviously I don't know the job, have barely played the job and the question distracted me enough to pull me away from housework.

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-14 15:13:46  
Seems like a reasonable choice for PLD, but not much else
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 15:14:51  
3 minutes vs 40 seconds. Plus all the other benefits QD gives, not quite the same.

Run is bad as a sub, could work for pld in some situations maybe, but other than that...nope.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-14 15:16:41  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
3 minutes vs 40 seconds. Plus all the other benefits QD gives, not quite the same.

Run is bad as a sub, could work for pld in some situations maybe, but other than that...nope.

Criminy.. I should really read the abilities a lil more closely. Seems near pointless to do one thing once every 3 minutes that ends as soon as you do it. More like a desperation move.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 15:18:02  
It's good for mana bursting for a nice damage spike, but yeah..it's a bit sad.
 Ragnarok.Phettyx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Phetty
By Ragnarok.Phettyx 2013-06-14 15:27:38  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's good for mana bursting for a nice damage spike, but yeah..it's a bit sad.
Yeah I was doing this Blu/Run. It was fun to mess around with, but that was the extent of it.
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-15 20:45:41  
I soloed Carbuncle Prime as /RUN, believe it or not the two light resist runes were just enough to get a full resist on Searing Light, which would otherwise destroy me (there's 5 carbuncle clones in the fight, all 5 of them spam searing light at the exact same time for ~800 damage, with runes and valation I was getting like 60 damage)
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-06-16 11:08:43  
If you thought RDM was broken in pvp.. RDM/RUN is on a whole different level.

ItemSet 304663
Spontaneity -> Insta-T4 (700~1.1k) -> Lunge(800-1.1k)
It kills almost any job instantly unless they are prepared for it.

Outside of pvp the sub is still pretty great, I really enjoy it on RDM while messing around with old content(Sky, Sea, ZNMs, etc)

2 Runes + Barspell(500 Enhancing) is almost +200 resistance! It's pretty crazy.
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-16 12:23:41  
DNC/RUN is pretty fun, I was able to beat an annoying WotG fight. Was able to Fan Dance and have additional damage, resisted an amnesia and banish/holy spells did very little damage to me. It was a very busy subjob, having to stack up the runes, use the wards and stack them again. Was able to self SC and then lunge MB too to kill one of them before she was able to use her special doom ability.

Overall for solo situations its great for DNC when fighting multiple mobs, especially if one or more are magic users or can enfeeble you (especially amnesia). On the whole I prefer to /RDM when soloing for the benefit of haste, enspells when in fan dance, phalanx, refresh etc. but it's still viable.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-06-17 17:33:30  
RUN is a fantastic subjob for the Meeble Burrows mission where you need to make the Djinn explode provided it is Light or Darksday!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
By Chyula 2013-08-01 10:10:31  
it is good for anything required the gimmick enspell tactic or mob that only cast one type of element.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-01 10:19:45  
Some people use it for monk on Dakuwaqa, other than that I don't think it's used as sub for anything.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-08-01 10:44:42  
I used it for kb as thf and it worked out great. I never got stunned once, and lunge was a nice 650 dmg bonus.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-01 10:47:07  
MNK/run for kurma if outside bead farming is your thing. nice way to push up the damage multiplier.