First Page 2 3 4 5 6
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-12 14:26:42  
06-14-2013 03:56 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1151] Job Adjustments: Rune Fencer

• Rune Fencer has been added to the Categories under Merit Points.

• Group 1

• Rune Enhancement Effect
        Increase potency of runes harbored by 2 points.

• Vallation Effect
        Add a magic defense bonus to Vallation and a magic defense bonus to Valliance of 1 point per harbored rune.

• Lunge Effect
        Increase the accuracy of Lunge by 3 points per harbored rune.

• Pflug Effect
        Enhance the likelihood of resistance activating by 1 point per harbored rune.

• Gambit Effect
        Shorten recast time by 10 seconds.

• Group 2

• Battuta
        Increases the likelihood of parrying and deals counter damage after parrying dependent upon harbored runes.
        Recast: 5 min. Increase chance of parrying by 4 percent and increase counter damage by 4 points per rune harbored.

• Rayke
        Expends runes to reduce elemental resistance of the target.
        Recast: 5 min. Increase duration of effect by 3 seconds.

• Inspiration
        Grants a “Fast Cast” effect to Vallation and Valiance.
        Increase cast speed by 10 percent.

• Sleight of Sword
        Grants a “Subtle Blow” effect during Swordplay.
        Increase the maximum value of Subtle Blow by 5 points.

Subscribe

06-17-2013 02:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings,

1. Physical damage mitigation
    Moving forward we plan on adding more equipment that reduces physical damage taken for all jobs, not only rune fencer.

The fact that paladin is the job that is most apt to deal with physical damage will not change; however, our goal is to bring other jobs closer to where paladin is currently.

Rune fencers are not supposed to be strong defenders against physical damage, and as such we have no plans to add stats that will make them like a paladin.

2. Comparisons to paladins with Aegis/Ochain
    When comparing magic defense between the current rune fencer and equipment to a paladin that is completely decked out, a paladin with Aegis will be better at reducing the magic damage of all elements. However, since rune fencer excels at elemental defense, they are also extremely strong towards status ailments in addition to elemental damage.

Also, the effects of Aegis only apply toward the paladin, while rune fencers are able to spread the elemental damage reduction effect to party members making them extremely beneficial in party situations. When adding job-specific equipment to rune fencer moving forward, we will be paying careful attention to the balance between them and Aegis/Ochain and be making necessary adjustments.

3. Rune fencer stats
    We understand that there are aspects that make it difficult for rune fencer to act as a tank and players often see them as being in a support role instead.

With the addition of the rune fencer merit point category as well as artifact equipment, we plan on making adjustments to make it more possible for rune fencers to tank and shine even more on the support front.

These are not the only adjustments that will be made, so rest assured that we will continue to adjust this job.

Subscribe

06-17-2013 04:14 PM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Follow-up Frenzy

Rune Fencer

I'm not particularly familiar with Paladin, but doesn't the effect of Iron Will together with Rampart also apply to party members?

Am I misunderstanding this?

Yeah, I'm very sorry about that. The effect of Iron Will does extend to party members.

[[I think they're talking about the Inspiration trait here, but I don't see it mentioned directly.]]

For Valiance, while the adjustment may be difficult, we would like to work out the effect so that it can be granted to party members as well.

Mocchi and everyone else, thanks for your good work over the holiday.

A while back, the development team talked about giving more meaning to defense, along with improving the defense of individual pieces of equipment to reduce damage taken further. If you're planning to continue adding equipment which directly cuts damage taken, are you still considering adjustments to the enemy attack/defense ratio and the mechanism for how defense reduces damage taken?

Eventually, we do plan to implement an adjustment which allows defense to be utilized better to cut damage taken; however, this may take a considerable amount of time to develop.

Since there are a lot of higher level monsters being added, and new content still to be implemented, while we work to balance the defense mechanism, we want to prioritize bridging the gap temporarily by adding equipment with which all jobs can cut damage taken.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 14:29:59  
Probably
G1: 5/5 Rune, 5/5 Gambit
G2: 5/5 Inspire, 4/5 Battuta, 1/5 Rake(or maybe 0..not sure what's the difference with Gambit..)
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 14:32:47  
I'll quote the very first JP that responded to the dev post for my reaction:

Quote:
・・・
・・・・・・Subtle Blow?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-06-12 14:38:46  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Probably
G2: 5/5 Inspire, 4/5 Battuta, 1/5 Rake(or maybe 0..not sure what's the difference with Gambit..)
Seconded, but excluding Rake unless it's seriously useful.
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-06-12 14:40:05  
These merits are kind of disappointing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 14:50:39  
Only thing I'm disappointed to not see is a ja that puts up multiple runes at once.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2013-06-12 15:08:14  
I am not impressed.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2013-06-12 15:12:27  
proving that SE still really has no idea where RUN is supposed to fit in the game.

all of this should just have been given to RDM, because then they'd at least have some fun toys to play with solo because almost no one brings either to anything.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 15:14:08  
Tbh I don't know why anyone expected that 2 new ja and 2 traits would suddenly change run's world.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2013-06-12 15:17:33  
Was really expecting to see some merits to enhance Embolden, perhaps 5/5 meaning that the enhancing spell casted on you would last for its entire duration.

Nope!! >.<
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-06-12 15:21:51  
Tbh I don't know why anyone expected that 2 new ja and 2 traits would suddenly change run's world.
Some expected Barlight and Bardark to be merits, too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 15:38:29  
fillerbunny9 said: »
all of this should just have been given to RDM

RUN's Parrying/evasion boosts should've been applied to Ninja. Instead of adding in cool things for RDM and NIN they decided to take a lot of those ideas and mix them into a new job called RUN, which had a faulty premise to start with (A magic tank in a game where magic is rarely an isolated threat and there already exists a shield to reduce magic damage to less than a fifth of its normal damage).

SE needs to get a clue and stop making tiny tweaks to RUN and NIN because they're not competing against PLD- they're competing against Aegis and Ochain. If Ochain can reduce damage by like 90% the only choices are:

1. Make Kannagi (or insert your favorite katana) give a large (+50% straight?) evasion boost that has an amount that can surpass the 80% cap and introduce a RUN Mythic that gives a full-time Liement Effect and +50% parry rate.

or

2. Nerf Ochain/Aegis

Pick your poison. Note that I'm not talking about enmity issues here because that's pretty much universal for all 3 "tank" jobs rather than an actual balance problem between the 3.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 15:44:33  
Quote:
introduce a RUN Mythic that gives a full-time Liement Effect and +50% parry rate.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this was what I was worried about
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 15:47:46  
I'm not at all in favor of making it so that you have to own an REM just so I can play a damn job but at this point option 2 isn't going to happen, so the only way they'll fix RUN&NIN is by adding something that allows them to match Aegischain's nigh-invincibility. It doesn't have to be a Mythic but odds are that's the only place it'd make sense coming from.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-06-12 16:00:25  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
1. Make Kannagi (or insert your favorite katana) give a large (+50% straight?) evasion boost that has an amount that can surpass the 80% cap and introduce a RUN Mythic that gives a full-time Liement Effect and +50% parry rate.

It'd probably be Nagi. -.-
By Vintehin 2013-06-12 16:03:48  
Quote:
Job Trait: Inspire
Enhances Vallation and Valiance with casting speed reduction.
Additional merits decrease casting speed by 10%.

Oh ! Exactly what I wanted, that great, and it will really change lot of things !

I don't think Run are made to tank like a PLD, but more like a support DD job.

A thaumas/delve RUN can do some nice damage, and Valiance is just completly amazing. Against mono-elemental mob like Khimera or Warmoura it's like a Aegis-Ga for all PT. That huge.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-06-12 16:07:21  
I'll quote the very first JP that responded to the dev post for my reaction:

Quote:
・・・
・・・・・・Subtle Blow?

totally helps 2handers.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-12 16:07:29  
Vintehin said: »
I don't think Run are made to tank like a PLD, but more like a support DD job.

Playonline Vana'Fest 2012 Website said:
Their exceptional magic defense and elemental resistance put them squarely in the tank category, along with paladins and ninjas

Creator incompetence and the playerbase making do are two very different things.
[+]
 Kujata.Omnys
サーバ: Kujata
user: omnys
By Kujata.Omnys 2013-06-12 16:14:33  
I was certain RUN would see enhancing magic duration as a group 1 merit.

SE also has never ever ever balanced tanks well.. they don't even try.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-12 16:21:23  
I'm not at all in favor of making it so that you have to own an REM just so I can play a damn job but at this point option 2 isn't going to happen, so the only way they'll fix RUN&NIN is by adding something that allows them to match Aegischain's nigh-invincibility. It doesn't have to be a Mythic but odds are that's the only place it'd make sense coming from.
I hear ya, I hate these types of extremes SE has to implement to make a tank job "usable"
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-12 16:22:10  
Subtle blow 5/5 is a given.

They outdid themselves, probably the best Job specific merit category.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 16:26:18  
They probably did it cause it's a popular choice in ninja merits!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-12 16:33:02  
Rake might be useful for helping Stuns land if the effect is fairly potent.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-06-12 16:42:19  
fillerbunny9 said: »
proving that SE still really has no idea where RUN is supposed to fit in the game.

all of this should just have been given to RDM, because then they'd at least have some fun toys to play with solo because almost no one brings either to anything.
Should double or triple the number of active 99RUN's running around... This means an increase of 0-2 active 99RUN's per server.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-06-12 17:02:02  
impressively poor. only 2 or 3 of these are remotely useful and wont do anything to increase RUN's standing :\
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-06-12 17:05:13  
Only thing I'm disappointed to not see is a ja that puts up multiple runes at once.
If PUP never got a JA like that for Maneuvers I don't see why RUN would.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 17:07:31  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
Dancer did.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-06-12 17:48:14  
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
Dancer did.

Why does RUN need it the way DNC does?
By Enuyasha 2013-06-12 20:16:31  
Probably
4/5 Inspire 5/5 batutta and 1/5 Rake would be better for parrying like a boss :< G1's yea...thats better :<

also:
Siren.Kyte said: »
Rake might be useful for helping Stuns land if the effect is fairly potent.

MOARE LUNGE DAMAGE GOGOGO!
By Enuyasha 2013-06-12 20:55:54  
Anyway, now to speculate on the Relic+2 augments for these traits and JAs.....cause you know they are either going to be broken as *** or weak as ***.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6