New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » XI-utils with Windows 8 Windower 4
XI-utils with Windows 8 Windower 4
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-03 19:39:02  
Windower 4 on my Windows 8 machine boots flawlessly. Running Windows 8 Pro x64. However if i boot Windower through XI-Util, i get up to the point where the game tried to load and give me the option of accept or decline. I have tried booting with all plugins enabled and disabled all stop working at that exact point. Almost as if the communication between POL and FFXI is breaking and the handshake is not being communicated. I use XI util for the sole purpose of the chatlog crash issue. Is this something the devs can look into? Works perfectly fine on Win 7. If not, is there a replacement in development or some sort of addon that keeps the logs separate?

Oh and before i forget i have tried running in admin and non admin. All purport to the same conclusion. I am happy to run further tests should you require :)

Thanks in advance! And thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the great work that you do.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-06-03 23:52:24  
There's a temporary Sandboxing plugin you can use that avoids the need for XI-Util:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1-GYvFFRpK6WlVQZnBKbzdycTA/Sandbox.dll

I say temporary, because it may be in incorporated into Windower core soon, then you won't need to use it anymore (which is also why it's not an official plugin).

Windower 4 has shown some incompatibility with XI-Util before, and I don't think it's officially supported at this point.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-04 01:53:31  
So how i load this plugin? Just place in the plugins folder and it will self load?

Oh and thanks in advance!

Edit: I have added it as a autoload plugin in the settings file. Hoping this works ^^
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-06-04 02:08:09  
Windower/scripts/init.txt

Add the line (anywhere in the file):
load sandbox