言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Delve Sets
RDM Delve Sets
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Lizk 2013-05-31 02:13:21  
Now that RDM is kinda useful at Delve I'm wondering is someone can share some nice sets for Fracture farm and NMs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 02:57:37  
Lots of magic accuracy and enfeebling skill. Fill the rest with MND gear for slow/para.

Use this site to help you
http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-05-31 03:26:06  
Wait what? My PC breaks down, I end up quitting because of it, and now RDM is actually used?

***.... :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 03:28:11  
On actual hard stuff, slow2 and para2 makes a ton of difference. Saboteur+ES para2 basically makes any NM lol-status for 2-3 minutes, assuming it's not immune.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-05-31 03:29:42  
All these years I kept my RDM up to date, and I miss out on my chance to use it(for anything that matters). Classic.

Edit: Tiny addition.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maxiel
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2013-05-31 03:48:48  
you can also land gravity a fair amount of times and that -40 evasion really helps.

Don't get your hopes up too high though. It's still not a prefered job but the unique benefits the job brings is just as prominent and noticeable as it was in 75.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 03:53:16  
You can also sleep and break NMs <_< for some reason.
 Sylph.Malizia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-31 03:57:52  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
On actual hard stuff, slow2 and para2 makes a ton of difference. Saboteur+ES para2 basically makes any NM lol-status for 2-3 minutes, assuming it's not immune.
The main problem I have with ES is that it requires /BLM, when /SCH has far more utility - especially since most of the time fighting Delve NMs is spent doing heals and status cures on Light Arts. But yes, Sabo + slow/para2 works wonders.

To answer OP's question more directly,
ItemSet 156270
is my desired MND macc build for full accuracy (substitute any macc ring like Balrahn's ring for sangoma ring). For INT accuracy, the only thing you may consider changing is the waist, but it's not necessary.

For full MND potency (which actually will land consistently on lower-tier Delve NMs) I'm aiming for this set:
ItemSet 156268
with hyaline hat.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 04:21:27  
Speaking of enfeebles, I'd like to remind people that rdms have gain spells~

Never really used them much before, but +25mnd or +25int makes a hell of a lot of difference. Paralyze2 land rate went from 50%-ish to about 90%-ish on Matamata. The cost is really cheap(36mp), they cast quickly and they have a recast time of 6~ seconds. Can just think of them as JA modes, like whm/nin/sch has. Should learn to anticipate what spell you're about to cast and use the gain spells accordingly. With composure up, they last like 20 minutes, but you'd want to switch back and forth depending on what you're casting.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-05-31 04:30:46  
Gain-MND is awesome for enfeebs, it just used to be overkill for everything RDM were used for (solo:P)
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 04:35:08  
Speaking of enfeebles, I'd like to remind people that rdms have gain spells~

Never really used them much before, but +25mnd or +25int makes a hell of a lot of difference. Paralyze2 land rate went from 50%-ish to about 90%-ish on Matamata. The cost is really cheap(36mp), they cast quickly and they have a recast time of 6~ seconds. Can just think of them as JA modes, like whm/nin/sch has. Should learn to anticipate what spell you're about to cast and use the gain spells accordingly. With composure up, they last like 20 minutes, but you'd want to switch back and forth depending on what you're casting.

This is true, 25MND can be game breaking on resist and potency on spells, I don't supose anyone knows a table showing potency / macc / enfeebling magic skill for optimal builds anywhere yet?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-05-31 04:46:34  
ItemSet 302797
What I used for non-resistant stuff a month+ ago :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 04:59:16  
Still a good set, and upgrade pieces come easy from there.

Beat on rocks/roots for a couple days and you can get 14mnd/8macc head and feet. Other that, it's far beyond what you can expect from the average RDM.

Still won't land on anything important though~

You need something along the lines of what Malizia posted, in addition to gain-mnd/int for be reliable. Klimaform/storm also helps.
 Odin.Akhilleus
サーバ: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2013-05-31 05:00:14  
Whilst on topic here would anyone happen to have a reasonably sophisticated and working RDM XML which caters for /SCH /BLM /WHM.

Melee isn't necessary and in that vain /BLU /NIN aren't needed but if anyone has a decent magey one, that is up to date with new gear sets I shall be a happy chappy.

Thankies.
 Leviathan.Arentus
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Arentus
By Leviathan.Arentus 2013-05-31 05:04:02  
Higalgo Slops are useful on resistant stuff - MND+7, Enfeebling +10.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 05:08:33  
I'd stick to portent pants though, even if only it's because I can double them up for enhancing skill to save inventory. I recently had to give up some of my minor fast cast gear(ring and earring) to free up inventory. Really bothers me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-31 07:16:42  
I'd stick to portent pants though, even if only it's because I can double them up for enhancing skill to save inventory. I recently had to give up some of my minor fast cast gear(ring and earring) to free up inventory. Really bothers me.

Actually, using Portent Pants for Enhancing Magic gear is losing you 1 inventory. Shedir Seraweels have the same enhancing magic and should be used anyway if you have them for your Stoneskin set. =/

ItemSet 301555

Currently what I'm using, puts me at 501, which is all I'm going to shoot for with the limitations on RDM inventory. Zenith Crown has +6 Enhancing Magic. If I got an HQ Crown with 8, I could knock out the augmenting earring.

If I used Enhancing Torque I could knock out both the earring and the belt, but atm Cascade Belt can be used for both Enhancing and MND sets. So if I get rid of it, actually going to end up with the same inventory. (Lose earring/belt) (Gain Torque/new belt for MND set).
 Bahamut.Ascadia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2013-05-31 07:32:53  
Being asked to come Rdm to events again is a pleasant change. Sch onry got old hella quick. That being said, has anyone noticed any abnormalities with the Divagating Jagil's resist rates? During its Ice and Wind phases, I can't come anywhere close to landing silence reliably with this set:

ItemSet 297174

Rdm/sch running Gain-Mnd (500 enhancing) and Klimaform + Windstorm at all times. Bokwus slops and pants are both augmented with magacc.

I haven't had any issues landing enfeebles on any other new NM, nor with landing silence on the pugil when it's not in either of the aforementioned phases. Is its resist rate broken at that time, or is it supposed to be immune? I've managed to land silence twice during that time, but it wears immediately; the "The Divagating Jagil's silence wears off" message actually appears before the "x is silenced" message.

Any ideas? Would throwing more magacc (earrings maybe) at this set help? Aureole, Sangoma Ring, and Storm earrings come to mind.
 Bahamut.Genevie
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-05-31 08:10:01  
Odin.Akhilleus said: »
Whilst on topic here would anyone happen to have a reasonably sophisticated and working RDM XML which caters for /SCH /BLM /WHM.

Melee isn't necessary and in that vain /BLU /NIN aren't needed but if anyone has a decent magey one, that is up to date with new gear sets I shall be a happy chappy.

Thankies.

that baby is the cutest baby ever
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-31 13:31:06  

Thankies.

It's a bit complicated, but you're always welcome to use mine: http://pastebin.com/u/Motenten

Just check the Readme as well for info and instructions.

On enfeeble sets, the case where I've had to actually bring in my rdm was against Mastop. I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble with him? I had to use my max m.acc set (and actually start spending time specifically improving it) combined with geo m.eva down luopan and geo m.acc up indi (cor roll would have been good too, but didn't have one in my party) to get up into the ~90% land rate range (and that dropped very quickly if it got out of the geo buff/debuff areas).

I know I can still add another ~25 m.acc fairly easily (delve earring set, delve grip, m.acc rings), but was wondering if I was just getting sloppy, of if this was an extreme case.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-31 16:26:37  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »

Thankies.

It's a bit complicated, but you're always welcome to use mine: http://pastebin.com/u/Motenten

Just check the Readme as well for info and instructions.

On enfeeble sets, the case where I've had to actually bring in my rdm was against Mastop. I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble with him? I had to use my max m.acc set (and actually start spending time specifically improving it) combined with geo m.eva down luopan and geo m.acc up indi (cor roll would have been good too, but didn't have one in my party) to get up into the ~90% land rate range (and that dropped very quickly if it got out of the geo buff/debuff areas).

I know I can still add another ~25 m.acc fairly easily (delve earring set, delve grip, m.acc rings), but was wondering if I was just getting sloppy, of if this was an extreme case.

I almost forgot, I also used the above MND set on Tax'et and Mastop. Tax'et I had zero issues landing anything, I was just cycling Paralyze II, Slow II, Blind II, and Dia III. While trying to make it spam Exuviation. Than just spammed Dia III.

I didn't try more than Dia III on Mastop though. Since any debuff you put on it gets transferred to the melees when he uses Emetic Discharge.

EDIT: Keep in mind, the MND you have in your set does add to the Magic Accuracy towards the mob when casting enfeebles on the white magic list. Maybe not as much as straight Magic Accuracy or Enfeebling Magic. But it does contribute.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-31 17:33:11  
Since Mastop prefers to use the Emetic Discharge move when it has multiple debuffs on, we wanted as many debuffs on it at all times as possible. I mainly focused on Dia II (lower spell cost, and I was riding the Convert timer the first few fights), Addle and Poison/II. Occasionally tried Gravity and Silence. Didn't want to use Slow or Paralyze.

So my difficulty was with Addle and Poison, mainly, though I sometimes tried Silence too. There's 0 likelihood of me getting fire or water magian accuracy staves, and very low chance of a wind staff, so I'm using Chatoyant for all of them.

And yes, I was considering the mnd component as part of what items I had in the set.

My current set, that hasn't been updated in quite some time (aside from hastily grabbed Orvail feet and Weike Torque):

ItemSet 302838

Gives me +67 skill, +61 magic accuracy (including 30 from staff), and +60 mnd. Should be a total of ~151 m.acc. Note that I use Manasa for the raw accuracy, and because the debuffs are being taken off so fast that the enhanced enfeeble effect of the AF3 body is meaningless.

Ascadia's has ~145 m.acc.
Kvazz's has ~140 m.acc.
Malizia's has ~172 m.acc.
Wakmidget's has ~121 m.acc.
My current target (which excludes Delve final boss drops) has ~170 m.acc:

ItemSet 302841

Not as much as an improvement as I'd hoped. Can add another 5 with an Aureole, but that seems about the feasible limit without a better staff.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 17:51:13  
Assuming 2 stat = 1 macc = 1 skill, the difference between a +7mnd ring and a +4macc ring is near nonexistent. I went for that instead, also to save inventory.

Also, Fea's coronal and Refraction cape are pretty easy to get.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-31 18:33:21  
Good point on the mnd rings. Also, forgot about the Refraction Cape, even though I was looking at it the other day. Will tweak the goal set for those.

Meh, the itemset totals are split for both mnd and magic accuracy. And the totals don't add up right... Have to redo this by hand..

~183 total m.acc. The others I listed above may not be correct either.

Still, seems a workable goal for now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-31 18:50:34  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Good point on the mnd rings. Also, forgot about the Refraction Cape, even though I was looking at it the other day. Will tweak the goal set for those.

Meh, the itemset totals are split for both mnd and magic accuracy. And the totals don't add up right... Have to redo this by hand..

~183 total m.acc. The others I listed above may not be correct either.

Still, seems a workable goal for now.

Assuming your're going by 2 stat = 1 M acc = 1 Skill. Mine should have 134 M Acc. But I always thought Enfeebling Magic was more potent than Magic Accuracy for resist rates. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) But that's what I was always lead to believe.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-31 18:58:18  
It's a 1:1 ratio on skill and macc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-31 19:01:09  
Also, the only reason I don't have a full magic accuracy set is b/c of the fact my RDM is so chalked full on inventory already. ><; I've been doing everything with the set above, and just swapping staves as needed. SO FAR, it hasn't posed an issue, but I also have only been to Delve boss fight as RDM only twice. On the 3 NM's I listed above.

If it actually became a major issue, I could possibly start to invest in one. But it would really suck because it would mean sacrificing ***in other gear sets. ie: probably leaving ***behind. Most days if I'm on RDM I leave my MH with 77~78/80. All of it is gear except Echo drops.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-31 23:06:10  
I've been working on the assumption that 1 skill = 0.9 accuracy (when over 200 skill), like for melee skills and evasion.

And yeah, inventory is a major pain for rdm. I always end up leaving at least some stuff in the mog house.

* Is also why Fea's Coronel isn't an item I'd look into; it's only a couple points of additional m.acc, of limited general use, so inventory takes priority.
By Latifah 2013-05-31 23:17:39  
10 pages inc
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5