Old Player Coming Back!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Old player coming back!
Old player coming back!
 Odin.Taytar
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Bryan1218
By Odin.Taytar 2013-05-26 01:59:41  
I used to play alot, tons of end game, HNM, Limbus the works. I am coming back with a few friends who got hit by the salvage bans and we are wanting to try to play catch up for fun.

I am VERY torn on what to level. Was looking for some insight to warrior as it was my baby towards the end.

These guides make it sound like if you don't have a relic of some kind there is no reason to play. So I have 2 questions really.

1) The stage on Ukon where you need to get 50 of nm drops from abyssea, that seems to me as an INSANE amount of work. Relic worthy, is it less than I think?

2)If it isn't less can I not be terrible with other options or is the disparity between the other options really that great?
By Purty 2013-05-26 02:49:36  
Lv whm and gear it. Get up to par and join delve pugs. Make a delve GA and it will do.
By Tylaar 2013-05-26 02:51:44  
Do Delve, be happy, done! SE making it pretty easy for returning or new players right now, at least focus-wise. Relic definitely not required, especially so if you get back on WAR.
 Asura.Lilbuttons
サーバ: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2013-05-26 03:26:31  
ffxifree.com

*cough*
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2013-05-26 05:16:00  
1-11~ FoV Book

11-30 FoV Book

30-99 Abyssea

99 Delve Weapon in a few runs

You can can rule the world in like a week.

Game Over... (until next update)

it really is that simple
 Sylph.Citrelautame
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2013-05-26 05:26:21  
Empy weapons aren't very hard or time consuming if you have a few friends with you. A war + nin +sch or whm can knock out 4-8 of stage 1 items per hour (8 if you have someone who can change to thf) most stage ones are soloable by a lot of jobs. Stage 2 depends on the path but is pretty close to the same (stage 2 is when you gain access to the ws). Stage 3 can be alil harder mainly do to farming KI's but on a bright side you will want af3+2 for any jobs you have and by building one or more empy you can complete multiple sets at the same time. The exception is Glavoid and Chloris stage 1 weapons. The fights aren't hard but the KI's do take 2-3x longer to obtain and for those paths you will want a thf or a large bank account to make it faster, the next 3 stages do add up to Relic time sink and/or gil tho. The problem is Delve weapons will slaughter all other weapons currently and for a DD to do end game its basically expected to have at least a base delve weapon. These take alil more time because it requires more people to be successful and it takes a LOT of time to find a group willing to do clears for access and allow a non Delve weapon DD in their group
 Odin.Valdor
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2013-05-26 20:57:39  
You and your brother both returning?

At the moment, delve weapons are superior to an empy or relic weapon. However this will all change at some point, so don't assume you don't need to get a R/E/M weapon in the future.

I would still get R/E/M, especially a relic since it's easier to get to 99 then an emp. When the change comes prices to upgrade will sky rocket.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-05-26 21:01:51  
Wow, blast from the past, I remember those doods! (Don't worry, I don't play anymore!)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [659 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2015-03-16 10:10:32  
Hello everyone, i just returned to the game and i'd like some advices on what should i do.
I have Ukon90 but i have also stored up to 60 rifdross and 1200+ plates, rag119 and apoc119.
War has always been my favorite DD, then i switched to DRK when reso came out.
What would you do in my case, friends told me to just do Koga sam because WAR and DRK arent much asked for DD.
On a site note i started storing alexandrites(9k)/tokens(120k)/Ichor(40k) for Yagrush till i change my mind on my usual DD jobs.
Any replies much appreciated, (i hope i posted in the right place)
Thanks.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-16 10:37:58  
Asura.Ganno said: »
Hello everyone, i just returned to the game and i'd like some advices on what should i do.
I have Ukon90 but i have also stored up to 60 rifdross and 1200+ plates, rag119 and apoc119.
War has always been my favorite DD, then i switched to DRK when reso came out.
What would you do in my case, friends told me to just do Koga sam because WAR and DRK arent much asked for DD.
On a site note i started storing alexandrites(9k)/tokens(120k)/Ichor(40k) for Yagrush till i change my mind on my usual DD jobs.
Any replies much appreciated, (i hope i posted in the right place)
Thanks.

WAR and DRK are pretty much non-existent in end game these days. For DD, I would advise gearing up SAM for general purposes and/or RNG mostly for high tier BCNMs. For SAM, gkt from Foret delve (tsurumaru) is all you need unless you are willing to invest in koga. For RNG, relic is pretty much a must. THF is also very strong due to Rudra buff but they are going to nerf it soon so should see how it goes first.