users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » bhaf II problems
bhaf II problems
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-05-06 15:47:44  
So this may be a dumb question but has anyone else had trouble with cerby and HQ lately? i havent done this in a few months, and im having trouble clearing all NM and both bosses now, specifically the bosses. I know about the PDT building up, but it feels like theyre practically starting in it compared to what im use to. I go mnk/nin and im usually the only DD on it, and i hadnt had troubles killing them in the past.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-05-07 01:01:32  
What jobs do the rest of your group go on? It should be no difficulty to clear with MNK THF WHM and you shouldn't be afraid to sub /WAR and let the THF DD on the boss as well. Save Formless Strikes for when the PDT gets high.
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-05-07 01:21:03  
I've been starting BR2 again for marduk plans and haven't really noticed much difference on Cerb (except you can't use counterstance for ***because of their increased potential to one shot you post atk/def update, same for acroliths.)
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-05-09 15:19:19  
Carbuncle.Nezea said: »
What jobs do the rest of your group go on? It should be no difficulty to clear with MNK THF WHM and you shouldn't be afraid to sub /WAR and let the THF DD on the boss as well. Save Formless Strikes for when the PDT gets high.

I'm usually tri-boxing mnk thf whm. I do let the thf swing away for the most part but pull off when theres gonna be AoE's from hell because im not the best multiboxer. That is also why i went /nin. I usually do go /war for cerby cause he isnt that hard to tank.
Fenrir.Magi said: »
I've been starting BR2 again for marduk plans and haven't really noticed much difference on Cerb (except you can't use counterstance for ***because of their increased potential to one shot you post atk/def update, same for acroliths.)
I used my eva build and with /nin i had no troubles with counterstance up on cerby. the acroliths did stomp me pretty hard towards the end of them. I'll try canceling counterstance next time never really thought of that lol.

Random Question while im in here. if i VS with 300tp then pop hundred fists and formless, does that ODD work for formless?
 Phoenix.Innina
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-09 15:28:23  
Quote:
Random Question while im in here. if i VS with 300tp then pop hundred fists and formless, does that ODD work for formless?

Yes. I tri-box Bhaf II everyday, haven't noticed anything odd in regards to Cerb or Orthrus. Theres some days it feels harder than normal, and other days where he's easier than normal. All depends what TP moves he feels like spamming.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-05-10 21:02:41  
Phoenix.Innina said: »
Quote:

Yes. I tri-box Bhaf II everyday, haven't noticed anything odd in regards to Cerb or Orthrus. Theres some days it feels harder than normal, and other days where he's easier than normal. All depends what TP moves he feels like spamming.

musta just been 2 shoddy runs in a row. I dont get to go a whole lot. Going tonight ill see how it goes.