users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Stun Set
RDM Stun Set
 Shiva.Trixan
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-26 11:48:48  
Currently looking for the best builds for stun on RDM. Mostly looking for a set that deals with lowest recast first over magic acc etc. Any input would be helpful :) Also, average build advice would help too because limbus v2 and uncursing some legion gear cba :( . I have stun staff so that's a good start! Thanks for helping in advance.
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-26 12:00:41  
I just remebered spellcast can be utilized. Any sets that hsve fast cast / haste and sets of magic acc would be great. Bump.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-04-26 16:00:19  
Here's a few ideas:

ItemSet 293842
*Iaso Cuffs augmented with Haste+4%
Lowest recast: I would use something like this if I was stunning as soon as the recast is up and accuracy isn't an issue.

ItemSet 290728
*Dalmatica +1 augmented with Quickens+3% FC+6
*Moonshade augmented with Quickens+3%(If you're really crazy.)
*Iaso Tights augmented with Haste+4%
Max occ. quicken spellcast(+12%): I would use something like this if stun's recast/acc isn't that big of a deal.

ItemSet 298591
*Iaso Cuffs augmented with Haste+4%
Accuracy: if accuracy is an issue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-04-26 16:53:01  
Don't forget about hyaline hat, same Fast Cast as Nares cap but with +10 Magic Accuracy as well. Eirene's manteel is decent piece as well with 10% Fast Cast.
[+]
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-27 12:01:18  
Thanks for the feedback! I'm mostly looking for fastest recast as possible. Is there a substitute for Iaso Cuffs?
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
サーバ: Valefor
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2013-04-27 12:19:06  
What will you be stunning?

My experience is that RDM has such low skill that trying to stun in Legion is very difficult. So having FC over MACC is not a good idea. But if you are doing it for anything that is easy to stun then sure I can see FC over MACC.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-27 12:33:43  
Shiva.Trixan said: »
Thanks for the feedback! I'm mostly looking for fastest recast as possible. Is there a substitute for Iaso Cuffs?
Dusk +1
brego
alucinor
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-27 12:38:41  
Valefor.Nugzkraka said: »

My experience is that RDM has such low skill that trying to stun in Legion is very difficult. So having FC over MACC is not a good idea. But if you are doing it for anything that is easy to stun then sure I can see FC over MACC.

Well, this was for stunning in legion. However, I was under the assumption that thunderstorm would be up. Would you recommend magic acc and dark magic over fast cast or a mix of both?
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-04-27 12:41:43  
More than half the legion mobs don't have much resistance against stun. I can stun most legion mobs fine on my whm/blm(w/ stun staff).

Wave2 Mantis, Hydra and Khim are the hard ones to stun, I believe. Better off leaving it to a SCH to stun those. If you have to RDM stun it, pop ES and wait for Death Prophet/Nerve Gas/Fulmination and hope it doesn't do it again.

I think the chair thing is hard to stun too, but he's pretty much harmless.
 Ragnarok.Trixan
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Trixan 2013-04-27 13:23:08  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
More than half the legion mobs don't have much resistance against stun. I can stun most legion mobs fine on my whm/blm(w/ stun staff).

Wave2 Mantis, Hydra and Khim are the hard ones to stun, I believe. Better off leaving it to a SCH to stun those. If you have to RDM stun it, pop ES and wait for Death Prophet/Nerve Gas/Fulmination and hope it doesn't do it again.

I think the chair thing is hard to stun too, but he's pretty much harmless.

To be honest, I'm just worrying about Mul. Aka, Mantis sucks ._.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-04-27 13:37:18  
Valefor.Nugzkraka said: »

Keep in mind RDM can also merit Thunder Accuracy if needed. Not to mention there is a really nice amount Fast Cast/Haste gear out there that innately comes with Magic Accuracy.
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
サーバ: Valefor
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2013-04-27 13:40:37  
We use a RDM in legion but they cure the kiting PLD and cast dia III/Para II on mobs being faught.

If you cannot get 3 SCH's to stun and have to use RDM in one of those slots then using a mixed set is ok for Ironclad's and Harpy's. But for Mantis and Naraka I would beef up the dark magic skill and macc.
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-04-27 13:41:04  
ItemSet 298574

This is my current set (aside from rubeus pants). Aside from orvail, is there another alternative?
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-04-27 14:01:23  
I haven't tried it, but I have my doubts that any amount of macc gear could make rdm a reliable stunner against wave2 mantis. A SCH, with 100+ skill over RDM, still needs both macc gear and thunderstorm/khimaform to reliably stun mantis.

And you only need 2 SCHs if you bring enough DDs.

Also, Hasty Pinion has 1% haste on it. Witful belt has about 4.5% worth of haste(or a tad bit lower depending on how much haste magic you have on). A 5% haste belt should be a tad better, a 6+% haste belt would definitely be better.