Vallation And Pflug As /RUN?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Vallation and Pflug as /RUN?
Vallation and Pflug as /RUN?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kirlua
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kirlua
By Quetzalcoatl.Kirlua 2013-04-23 22:43:01  
Was messing with PLD/RUN a bit yesterday in Ceizak, does anyone know/tested the amount of damage reduced on Vallation? Or resist rate on Pflug etc.

On side note, /RUN has access to 2 Rune enhancement with Bar spell, allowing me to get 140 resist (Dark Light not included, enhance magic not capped). Also has access to Aquaveil and Swordplay (no refresh tho... sad...)

Rune Enhancement damage is approx 25 per hit in Ceizak mobs.

Has anyone mess around with /RUN? :)
 Fenrir.Richi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richie
By Fenrir.Richi 2013-04-25 09:14:27  
I'm also very interested in /RUN; I would like to use it as a subjob in PvP.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-25 09:20:51  
blu/run and use lunge to MB on my self skillchains for fun. Haven't measured if the resistances and traits make a huge difference..
 Asura.Pystolero
サーバ: Asura
user: Pystolero
By Asura.Pystolero 2013-04-25 09:27:52  
Going quiet often as dnc/run solo dark then mb on lunge easy 1k
+ you get autoregen and since I'm always on tank mode with fan dance up extra dmg from run is nice then both inquartata and tenacity help on job trait did find a new toy like this
[+]
 Fenrir.Richi
By Fenrir.Richi 2013-04-25 10:16:36  
DNC is the job I use too! I want to know if I can use it to resist certain debuffs as well (petrify/slow or paralyze)

How much damage does the added en- effect do in ballista?
 Asura.Pystolero
By Asura.Pystolero 2013-04-25 11:12:24  
Using this combo in reive usually doing ne spell for 10-15 on roots and around 20 on mob

Best I did was 27 on Umbria with a friend on Sam the mb on those are madness hehe did a good 2.8k mb with lux up 2x on a light SC yes I know they take extra light dmg but still good chunk dmg from a sub job
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 11:14:57  
I understand people using /run for the novelty of it, but it's a really bad subjob except for maybe pld. Dnc is ja-burdened as it is, it loses tons of dps just putting up runes and then losing attack, da and war ja. Run sub offers very little.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-25 11:19:05  
Wouldn't using RUN as a sub for DNC be even worse than most other jobs as well because you're completely losing the effects of your Sambas by having runes up?

Especially solo I'm sure Haste Samba on DNC is gonna be more beneficial than the low resist+ and en damage from /RUN or am I completely mistaken on this?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 11:25:46  
Didn't even think about that, it's even worse.
 Fenrir.Richi
By Fenrir.Richi 2013-04-25 12:58:56  
I understand what I would be sacrificing and I would rarely consider it in PvE. I am just curious as to it's potential as a sub-job in PvP, if I can use it to resist certain status ailments (primarily paralyze or slow/petrify) I feel like it could be worth looking into.

Whether or not sambas are useful in Ballista depends on a lot of things such as the pace of the fight, how many people there are, and what kind of job you are fighting. A lot of the time you end up throwing up fan dance anyway as your character can be killed very quickly by a strong WS if you don't. I can't speak definitively about the current strategies for DNC as I just started again after a two year break on a different server and it may be different now.

I'll probably level it up on my own and play around with the idea.

Thanks for your information.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 13:00:16  
I have no idea whether it's nerfed or not in ballista, if it isn't it certainly would help immensely resisting stuff.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-25 13:33:53  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Wouldn't using RUN as a sub for DNC be even worse than most other jobs as well because you're completely losing the effects of your Sambas by having runes up?

Especially solo I'm sure Haste Samba on DNC is gonna be more beneficial than the low resist+ and en damage from /RUN or am I completely mistaken on this?

if you use fan dance you can't use sambas so yeah depends on what you are soloing. If runes and wards could make me completely resistant to paralyze or amnesia I would rock it as a sub none stop pretty much...
 Lakshmi.Tafuman
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Tafuman 2013-04-25 14:01:35  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I have no idea whether it's nerfed or not in ballista, if it isn't it certainly would help immensely resisting stuff.

Thanks!

I know their lunges are ridiculously powerful in PvP if they gear properly for them as a main job, I can't wait to play around with it.
 Asura.Pystolero
By Asura.Pystolero 2013-04-25 14:16:45  
I understand that some ppl merited saber dance and use samba but I didn't did merit 5/5 fan dance which is very useful well for my type of gaming, /war yes very good for dbl att and such /run useful too depend on mobs like those damn butterfly that kinda are a buch of lol for stun. /run help on the para/blind resist give autoregen so more enspell + the resist swordplay bonus from parrying ect. So as every job and support it's to every one to choose up by how they play their job.
I did say this sub get use to how I play not like it is the best of all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tafuman
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Tafuman 2013-04-25 17:15:10  
It sounds like you are a largely defensive player, and RUN would most likely match that for you! I can see it having applications outside of ballista as well, you're input has helped me figure out how potent some of the abilities may be as well, thank you!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-25 17:27:07  
Sorry, but leaving ballista aside, the best defense is killing the enemy fast. Run is in no way helping you more in that regard...and not even defensively tbh, you just get some resistance to magic, but the most danger usually comes from physical damage.
[+]
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-04-25 17:49:54  
Slightly off topic... here is some testing of tenacity/ruins on RDM/RUN:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/26748030.html#more
It's in JP but you can more or less see what he's talking about.

(If you're interested in soloing, rdm, sch, macro set ups, etc. I would suggest taking a few mins to look through Lute's blog, It's seriously one of if not my favorite.)

I'm currently lvling RUN to try RDM/RUN vs Vrtra. Before RUN I was able to resist charm at a decent rate just never enough to get the job done. I feel /RUN with a very good light+/resist charm set should give enough resist to solo it if all goes well.
[+]