New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » PDT- Greatsword
PDT- Greatsword
 Sylph.Shirotori
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shirotori 2013-04-11 17:27:07  
Is it worth making for tanking purposes?
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-11 17:29:37  
I don't know what PDT gear RUN has access to, but judging from the ease of capping PDT on every other job, no, probably not.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-11 17:29:48  
If you're gonna take RUN very seriously it's probably a nice situational weapon to have.
Not something I'd use most of the time though.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2013-04-11 18:03:51  
I could be mistaken, but I don't think Rune has a huge selection of PDT. Their evasion is decent, but some PDT definitely couldn't hurt.
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-04-11 18:14:38  
Seeing how much my thaumas RUN died to Annimated GKT NM and esp to Tachi:Kaiten while i sat there sporting 50%PDT on SAM id say that PDT Stick does have use in longer scaled fights/where you wanna migrate DMG taken as best as you can i.e.

Depends on builds etc

depends on weapon options you got etc ...

depends what player you are ...

all considered, id still make one <.<
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-04-11 18:22:23  
Situational and how often that comes up would be more of how you play the game imo. That said I'm working on one for a hybrid DT/Haste set

ItemSet 296378
Ring is -6% PDT/MDT

How much I'll actually use it I'm not too sure but I have most of the items already and the GS is relatively easy to make.
Set has:
Haste: 26%
X-Hit: 8 (non /SAM)
PDT: -35%
MDT: -16%~ (for -40%~ with Shell V)
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-04-11 19:13:25  
Sylph.Shirotori said: »

If you plan on playing RUN seriously, you can afford investing in a good DT-% set - while leaving weapon slot for something better than a PDT GS.

This way you can toogle between turtle-mode and full-out DD at will.

Hybrid PDT set isn't a bad idea either, although I wouldn't used PDT GS for this build either if you got access to a GS with better DPS.

Something like this would cap you out on PDT w/o weapon assuming 5% and 6% augments on rings, and PDT-2% on each earring.

ItemSet 296420
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-04-11 19:33:57  
Odin.Zelphes said: »
Sylph.Shirotori said: »

If you plan on playing RUN seriously, you can afford investing in a good DT-% set - while leaving weapon slot for something better than a PDT GS.

This way you can toogle between turtle-mode and full-out DD at will.

Hybrid PDT set isn't a bad idea either, although I wouldn't used PDT GS for this build either if you got access to a GS with better DPS.

Something like this would cap you out on PDT w/o weapon assuming 5% and 6% augments on rings, and PDT-2% on each earring.

ItemSet 296420

Could use defending ring and plumb boots instead for more optimal PDT and than you could swap back to shadow mantle for the random procs.
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-04-11 20:13:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Could use defending ring and plumb boots instead for more optimal PDT and than you could swap back to shadow mantle for the random procs.

I left Dring out on purpose. It requires alot luck/gil to get, and is not needed cap PDT. But if you have it - great! You can optimize PDT even further with it.

The boots are great. I considered putting those in.
But after reading up on the quest, it looks annoying to get - more annoying than getting good augments on earrings/rings.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-12 04:24:50  
The problem is not capping pdt, that's fairly easy. The problem is achieving hybrid haste/dt due to armor selection. Atm without using a pdt weapon run can't cap haste and pdt at the same time, pdt won't even get to 40..not that it's not worth having it anyway, but still it's not what you get on a heavy job.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-04-12 08:31:12  
Yeah; in trying to put together PDT/MDT sets for RUN, I've come across that while there are ok options, they're not as good, easy OR cheap to come by as the heavies or mnk/nin (Arhat's still a major boost there.)

Also, the Dux stuff is fugly. Hate.
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-04-12 08:40:24  
Jellybeans bought teh ducks+1 set cheap before ppl got the idea RUN could wear it too :D

also, "plastic surgery coment here"
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-04-12 08:45:00  
Plasticsurgeon/blinkmenot/.dat mods are all well and good, but sometimes you just don't want to fiddle with swapping 20 different .dats only to have an emergency update the next day that switches them all back.

I prefer they just stop making gear that looks like ***.

Also, the dux+1 set has been expensive on Bismarck consistently anyhow due to the (apparent) excess of blue mages and melee red mages we seem to have.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-12 08:47:41  
/nin with 2 pdt axes *pulls up into fetal position*
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-04-12 08:50:23  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
/nin with 2 pdt axes *pulls up into fetal position*
So OP going to petition the official forums for a nerf to this right now!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-12 08:57:30  
I'm building one just for shiggles. I wish I'd get the urge to do other things for shiggles, like a Mythic.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-12 09:19:33  
I never understood why the 2H magians offered such lower bonuses than 2x 1h or that they are neck and neck to even 1x 1h weapons. Take the Gsword. 11 vit and -13PDT. Yet the 1h axes are each 10 vit and -11PDT. Wtf gives? Some jobs just aren't proficient with (or aren't even on any) 1h elemental magian weapons. ***bugs the crap out of me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-12 09:23:55  
We should riot! Yeah, let's riot!
[+]