users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower Macro
Windower Macro
 Lakshmi.Tubal
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Tubal
By Lakshmi.Tubal 2013-04-06 15:30:17  
Appears this issue has been discussed before but I am still having issues. I am running windower 4

/console exec xxx.txt works on desktop but does not work on new laptop running Windows 8.

I've copied scripts over, moved windower from programs (x86) folder to program folder, and eventually out to its on folder under computer. running as admin, changed security settings etc.. still no go.

How do i get these damn macros to work on Win 8?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-06 15:52:18  
If I'm correct, when you load the game the title bar won't change to your name, which means the hook isn't completely hooking. You'll notice some plugins aren't working.

If the above is the case then it's a problem with certain laptops are being shipped with Windows 8 and bizarre settings on them.

You basically need to disable Secure Boot and Data Execution Prevention, they don't need to exist but some stupid manufacturer has jacked them up to stupid points that they stop a lot of stuff.

Heres the tutorials that you need:

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27071/~/how-to-enable-or-disable-secure-boot

http://windows8themes.org/how-to-disable-data-execution-prevention-in-windows-8.html
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tubal
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tubal
By Lakshmi.Tubal 2013-04-06 16:01:25  
Thanks Ihm, i'll give it a go later.

I have a new MSI GT70 it does everything well but run windower macros.
By Dragnorok 2013-04-23 23:40:16  
I'm having the same problem, if I run Windower 4 it says "Could not execute1 xxx.txt cannot be found" yet its there in my scripts. And if I use windower 3.4 nothing even shows up, can you help I wanna get started but this is really bothering me that I cant change gear quickly its the only reason I downloaded windower to begin wth.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-04-23 23:59:26  
Sorry if that's a stupid question (but in my defense, it's often a stupid solution), did you check if the file is in the correct Windower folder? It should be in Windower4/scrips, not in the old Windower folder. People often forget to copy the files properly.

Also, as for gear changes, consider getting into SpellCast.
By Dragnorok 2013-04-24 00:15:23  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Sorry if that's a stupid question (but in my defense, it's often a stupid solution), did you check if the file is in the correct Windower folder? It should be in Windower4/scrips, not in the old Windower folder. People often forget to copy the files properly.

Also, as for gear changes, consider getting into SpellCast.
Sorry I am very new to windower, I downloaded 3.4 took a break and now im back to play. But where can I find it? Everytime I search for it I see the scripts folder from 3.4
By frieza1979 2013-05-03 21:10:47  
im having the same issues as dragnorok, ive done both of ihm's recommendations but I keep getting Could not execute1 sam/samtp.txt - Path was not found. -3

if this has been answered in another thread I do apologize, ive read through about 40sum pages, but yet to find a solution. any help would be greatly appreciated. this windows8 *&%# is driving me #@$!%^

Edit: all the plugins work, only the scripts do not work., thanks again
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-05-03 23:59:15  
When downloading Windower 4, you'll end up with a Windower.exe. What folder is that file in? In the same folder there's a /scripts subfolder. That's where you should put your scripts in.

All of these errors I've encountered so far ended up mixing up the Windower 3.4 and Windower 4 folders. Please make sure that isn't happening here, then let me know how it goes.
By Blkninja 2013-05-04 00:07:20  
Anyone have a BRD singing skill up script they can let me use?
 Valefor.Clairefox
サーバ: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2013-05-04 00:13:48  
Blkninja said: »
Anyone have a BRD singing skill up script they can let me use?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37965/skill-up-script-by-nimotas/
By frieza1979 2013-05-04 14:34:59  
in the windower4 shortcut folder, there are a few sub-folders. addons, plugins, scripts, uninstall windower, windower website, and windower4, in the scripts folder is where the actual scripts are. I don't see a windower exe. is that supposed to be in there as well?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-05-04 14:47:01  
windower.exe should be in the folder above it.

You should find:

/addons
/Logs
/plugins
/screenshots
/scripts
/updates
/videos

Hook.dll
settings.xml
uninstall.exe
Windower website.url
Windower.exe

In /scripts, you should find at least init.txt, and (assuming your scripts are in the right place) any script files/folders you have.
By frieza1979 2013-05-04 14:56:47  
I appreciate the quick responses hitetsu. yes I have init file in scripts folder. and yes the exe is the green mandy face^^
u tricked me! just makes no sense to me that all the plugins work yet the scripts do not;; in the scripts folder, I have sub folders for different jobs, I even tried taking them out of sub folders and just putting them into the scripts folder and renamed macro /console exec samtp.txt, when I did that it said file not found -2, unlike before where it said path not found -3 where is this elusive path!
By frieza1979 2013-05-05 09:33:59  
maybe i posted this in the wrong thread, i just saw someone had allready asked the question and i followed suit.