New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Toys with the dawning of Seekers
Toys with the dawning of Seekers
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-03-27 14:48:01  
So like RUN sounds like a possibly fun sub for ninja during certain situations.

GEO sounds like a fun alternative support role for a party member for ninja.

Got some nice 1 handed damage boost for ninja.

Job well done?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-03-27 14:50:55  
Has anyone tried Hi out post-update? Curious to see how much different the damage is now.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-03-27 15:33:17  
So no cures for /RUN we will see what level they get those defensive spells and refresh..
By Azurea 2013-03-27 15:36:04  
RUN refresh is 62.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-03-27 15:39:05  
Maybe they get no cure spells because SE wants us to be in parties, not solo everything. Just perhaps....
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-27 15:48:41  
The viability of RUN as a sub is dependent on how powerful Lunge is when the job is subbed. If it doesn't do decent damage there's no point. Swordplay synergizes nicely with Yonin but RUN has basically no offensive traits of its own which doesn't compound will with NIN, which also has barely any offensive traits.

Quote:
Has anyone tried Hi out post-update? Curious to see how much different the damage is now.

Ratio cap being 2.25 instead of 2.0 means 12.5% more damage on stuff you're not being level corrected on, assuming you're capping pdif. If you're not eating like, RCBs and whatnot the patch probably didn't do anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2013-03-28 16:50:51  
I see all of these weapons with resistances + STR8 or DEX8 or some such... but no Katana? What am I missing here? Did I scroll past it?

:(
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-28 19:31:42  
You'll notice that only 7/14 of the weapon classes have one of those weapons, and there's 3/6 Naakuals available to defeat atm. So, we'll get one next patch I presume, and the element will be ice, lightning, or earth.

I'm putting my money on DEX and Lightning (Most of them boost the merit WS stat), but then again the Dagger is water for whatever reason so I guess they cast away their "elemental logic" when they designed these new weapons.