Next Resolution Build In Thaumas!?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » next resolution build in thaumas!?
next resolution build in thaumas!?
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-03-27 06:26:44  
early word seems to be run is light armor (skadi/thaumas/etc)

some fun thoughts with builds
 Ragnarok.Klife
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-27 06:34:40  
hmm wasnt run not getting resolution. i think i read that somewhere..
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-03-27 06:38:11  
It was shown using it in the trailer/live streams lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-27 06:42:52  
ignore me then! thaumas body with reso sounds lovely
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-03-27 06:43:27  
no, it doesn't.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-27 06:46:36  
meh, im no melee anyway, im mostly mages. I thought multi attack was great for reso. Ignore me, im out of here :p
By itchi508 2013-03-27 06:47:58  
Reso in thaumas coat? How's that sound good compared to all the other options you have and will have.. specially phorcys.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-03-27 06:49:09  
It's an interesting concept (would tp in thaumas body anyway) but Phorcy's body is incredible. Going to be tough to make something that surpasses it for any STR Mod WS.
 Sylph.Organic
サーバ: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-27 06:49:15  
itchi508 said: »
Reso in thaumas coat? How's that sound good compared to all the other options you have and will have.. specially phorcys.

RUN wont be on Phorcys
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-27 06:49:16  

Obviously because it will quad attack and then youll have 4-5 reso's for the price of 1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-03-27 06:51:05  
Ragnarok.Klife said: »
meh, im no melee anyway, im mostly mages. I thought multi attack was great for reso. Ignore me, im out of here :p
It's only good if you want the Occ. spike but otherwise doing Meh WS all the time. Reason people use occ use Windbuffet belt if/when the TA QA proc it will spike.
 Sylph.Organic
サーバ: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-27 06:51:15  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
They listed RUN on Skadi +1 and Thaumas, not sure what else they will have access to so currently building a set would be like shooting in the dark as to what would be usable in other slots.

The lack of AF1,2 and 3 makes me sad but hopefully June/July will bring that.

you mean June / July 2014 right?
[+]
By itchi508 2013-03-27 06:57:39  
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

Obviously because it will quad attack and then youll have 4-5 reso's for the price of 1.
Depending what's available tho, drk already has A decent supply of QA. You don't see people running around WS in Calemec trousers, Enif Corazza & Windbuffet belt. Granted stack those with Mala and hope you're QA procs, it be a nice spike but reso is already putting out more over all Dmg on the low end for that kind of WS set to be worth it.
 Asura.Jem
サーバ: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-03-27 07:16:43  
DRK don't WS in those pieces because they have better options and those options you listed also offer significantly less multihit than what Thaumas Coat does.

It may well be that Thaumas isn't the go to option for Reso with RUN but what you stated are unfair comparisons.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-03-27 07:20:17  
probably wont do more than thaumas legs from the set if nothing better rolls out, run would be more likely to see tocis or the morta body (first to come to mind) though the new sets look to have some decent options
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-03-27 07:26:23  
VS smite set = Reso set... Just sayin...
 Phoenix.Quince
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Quince
By Phoenix.Quince 2013-03-27 07:35:13  
I know this is off topic! But the person who knows that RUN is on thaumus/skadi could you tell me if they got put on borealis?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-27 07:36:44  
Sylph.Organic said: »
Valefor.Angierus said: »
They listed RUN on Skadi +1 and Thaumas, not sure what else they will have access to so currently building a set would be like shooting in the dark as to what would be usable in other slots.

The lack of AF1,2 and 3 makes me sad but hopefully June/July will bring that.

you mean June / July 2014 right?

The stupid part about this is unless it's within the next week or so, half the playerbase will never have an excuse to wear af. I've literally 1-99'ed a job in a day (more than one actually).

:/
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-27 07:40:56  
Shiva.Tedril said: »

No. They will look similar in some ways, because, you know, STR and all, but the fact that VS can crit and Resolution can not should be your first clue that they will gear differently.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-03-27 07:42:59  
Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Shiva.Tedril said: »

No. They will look similar in some ways, because, you know, STR and all, but the fact that VS can crit and Resolution can not should be your first clue that they will gear differently.
Its not you should really put crit+ on, most the gearsets I see have none on them just all str+. Really only difference would be more weight on multi+ but I doubt even thaumas will beat toci's in the long run.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-03-27 07:43:42  
Phoenix.Quince said: »
I know this is off topic! But the person who knows that RUN is on thaumus/skadi could you tell me if they got put on borealis?
I'd also like to know this answer please.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-27 07:44:48  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
The stupid part about this is unless it's within the next week or so, half the playerbase will never have an excuse to wear af. I've literally 1-99'ed a job in a day (more than one actually).

:/

Not saying it's not dumb, because you're right, it is - but my understanding was that AF/etc got delayed because SE wanted to see how we used the job in practice before committing to stats, so we didn't get things we wouldn't use. Wasn't that the rationale for DNC and SCH being delayed?

Seeing as RUN and GEO both have a variety of types of abilities, I expect the gear to resemble MNK in the way that every piece is a essentially a macro piece, and you'll have to get it all anyway.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-27 07:45:46  
"So RUN is on ocelomeh/toci's and Hoarfrost/Borealis which is good" - Tummie

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115351-Seekers-of-Adoulin-and-3-27-2013-Update-.DAT-Mining-Discussion/page10

Apparently RUN is on ToM stuff too but only the elemental paths. No OAT
 Phoenix.Quince
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Quince
By Phoenix.Quince 2013-03-27 07:46:35  
OMG YES!!!! Borealis my shiny!
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-27 07:47:17  
and as previously mentioned RUN is also on Skadi and Thaumas
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-27 07:58:56  
Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

Seeing as RUN and GEO both have a variety of types of abilities, I expect the gear to resemble MNK in the way that every piece is a essentially a macro piece, and you'll have to get it all anyway.

I'm ok with that as long as it's not Cor af.... One piece that's marginally situational later and the rest has paltry stats and no JA effect. It was one of the MORE recent jobs too so wtf? They'll probably give RUN empty-circle on body and.... uh "your ele pet thingy hp +10" on geo :<
 Asura.Jem
サーバ: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-03-27 07:59:01  
If they don't get Resolution then what Merit WS are they going to get? Looking at the update Weapons, the only things they are on are Axes and Greatswords. Their Axe selection looks limited too.

EDIT: Nvm I guess, looks like post was deleted whilst I was posting.
 Shiva.Malicus
user: Malicus
By Shiva.Malicus 2013-03-27 07:59:31  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDpjsdBADgY 18:15 confirms Run gets Resolution. Prior statement I had only seen Moon sickle and spinning slash.
First Page 2 3 4