Gungnir 5 Hit TP Sets

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir 5 hit TP sets
Gungnir 5 hit TP sets
By Ophannus 2013-03-23 13:17:28  
Just got Gungnir and thinking about decent TP sets. I don't have Ares+1 hands yet so I'll probably rock Murzim or Brego Gloves until I get those. I'm debating over these 2 sets:

ItemSet 293860

ItemSet 293859

Which is better you think, or if anyone has any better suggestions than these two sets, I'm all ears(not including fantasy pieces like Duplus since it's like 40m for +1 DA)

I was also toying around with this hidden 3rd option for fun, not sure of its potential

ItemSet 293861

With this setup you'd benefit from AF3 pant's and Huginn Gambieras with +20% critical hit damage and Rancorous Mantle's +5% critical hit rate. You'd have 25% haste(not 26%) and you would have to eat Carbonara to make up the 4 STP deficit, which if you're getting 3x Minuets and Chaos Roll, shouldn't be much of an att loss). This would be a capped haste zerg set I'd wager.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-03-23 13:31:24  
I use the second set when the QA kicks in its quite epic going from 18 or so tp(after ws) to full in one attack round.

Edit: You could swap lancers feet for huginn in the second set.
By Ophannus 2013-03-23 13:47:46  
I could/would if I had 350m to spare on them lol.

While we're at it, any decent Geirskogul builds that are easy on inventory? I know lolgeirskogul but if my Sonic Thrusts can do 1800-2.6kish in Meebles on multiple mobs simultaneously, I would think Geiskogul could do ~40%ish more than that with 99 Relic's hidden +WS bonus on Geirskogul. I'd mostly be using it when self skillchaining on my own mobs since Geir>Star makes Darkness. I had something like this in mind, keep in mind I can't maximize AGI due to inventory contraints, so had to compromise with shared gear from other WS sets.

Dunno if I should forgo using Gorget/Belt for Ganesha/Windbuffet for the chance at a Double/Triple/Quadruple hit.

ItemSet 293864
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-23 13:55:47  
Atheling mantle for sure.
And I think I'd just use a multi-purpose earring like ghillie+1 or kokou.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-23 14:42:59  
Don't waste your time; those Sonic Thrusts are the results of DA/TA/QA procs

Geirskogal is going to be a net loss
By Ophannus 2013-03-23 15:09:32  
Even for self skillchain?
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2013-03-25 09:21:23  
you don't need 55stp do you? how much stp in your WS set? i use 52 and never land on 99tp, which would let you swap in potestas or give you room for further tweaks elsewhere. figure your either capping acc or have some kind of regain on pretty much anything you fight, so counting on 3 hits landing is being conservative.

Gierskogul - even for SC purposes its not worth it, if you really want to self sc drakes > star for a lv2 is as good as its likely to get. i suppose if a strong darkness SC went off and you tacked a Gierskogul on the end of it the final dmg might be up there, i've never tried tho. ele belt/gorget are pretty lackluster (3.0 ftp becomes 3.2, and only on the first hit), idk if you'd get better numbers going multiattack or justiciars/prosillio tho. since its likely you'll just be using it during trials i'd go for more consistent dmg rather than the spikes you'd get with multiattack builds
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-25 09:47:59  
ItemSet 294004 this will net 5-hits (4-hits after ws) assuming you ws in brutal, rajas, ogiers gloves, and tyrants and land 3/4 hits for 21.0 tp return(you'll only 4/4 85% of the time even at capped accuracy so i play it safe). I had a hard choice between lancers gloves and phorcys (the added attack and set bonus str/dex vs 2 more DA) and I suppose it's your call where to go with it

*edit* lel didnt realise set names showed up now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-03-25 09:53:48  
ItemSet 262561

ItemSet 262568
These are what I use. Never have gotten the neck to drop off Hav.
Never use Gierskogul unless I am jut messing around outside of group stuff.

Edit: Some of my ws stuff is outdated and I have just not worked on Drg gear in a couple months. Rarely get to take it for anything important. Working on Ryunohige and once that is done will probably do a full overhaul of my gear to get it up to par. Hopefully Hav will give up that neck one day for me.