users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kannagi
Kannagi
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-03-21 15:05:13  
So I have started my briareus helms today for my kannagi, and my buddy has his already. Do you guys find yourselfs riding to 300tp for increased aftermath duration? Or is it still better to tp at 100%?
 Ragnarok.Daffel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-03-21 15:12:07  
Just depends on the situation. VW you will want to ride AM3, fodder mobs (dynamis, EP mobs if just running around lol) when soloing probably want to just WS at 100tp as it will probably kill them.

The best thing is to get the weapon and weapon skill. Easier to get a feel for different situations.

Once AM3 is up always WS at 100, 1min 30 is a very generous AM time.
 Lakshmi.Bleu
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Bleu
By Lakshmi.Bleu 2013-03-21 15:15:13  
Duration doesn't matter -- it's the % of time to double damage procs that matters.

Honestly, it's situational. On trash mobs I just TP at 100%, because TP>WS and they are dead anyways. On things that are going to take longer than 1 minute to kill, sometimes I'll go up to 300%, or more likely I'll have already gotten 300% on a trash mob because I knew the bigger fight was coming up...

In things like VW, it's kind of a no-brainer since wings give you 300% TP anyways.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-03-21 15:22:19  
Regardless of how obvious it was, figured I would mention an example. (Would of been ***if I didn't)

Duration was brought up only because 1min 30 is a very generous AM3 time especially on a job like NIN. That without wings would have a much harder time to maintain it.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-21 15:24:18  
In addition to the two posts above however many posts showed up while I slowly typed, I'd like to add that when I first got an empyrean, the idea of how to best make use of my aftermath seemed really foreign to me. I didn't know... anything, really. But it didn't take long to sort out what was "right" at any given time. Just keep an eye on what you're doing, what you're doing next, and (if you have timers for your buffs, which I totally recommend) how long until your current aftermath wears off.

The two biggest screw ups I dealt with was, for example, seeing that my aftermath wore off, then immediately weaponskilling to restart it. I couldn't tell you how many times I had, for example 170TP that I could have just waited another second for 200 to get level 2. The other problem was also weaponskilling a couple seconds BEFORE it wore off - again, I could have waited just a bit and had instant aftermath again.

Best of luck and have fun!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-03-21 15:37:24  
So, if I am in an aftermath period, and I was, does the aftermath timer reset for that TP amount, or extend the period?
 Alexander.Meowryu
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2013-03-21 15:43:31  
Neither. If you currently have aftermath 3 up and you weaponskill again while it's up, it won't be extended or reset.

You can't affect it in any way, you just have to wait for it to wear off before applying aftermath again.
By fractalvoid 2013-03-21 15:45:42  
Alexander.Meowryu said: »
Neither. If you currently have aftermath up and you weaponskill again while it's up, it won't be extended or reset.

You can't affect it in any way, you just have to wait for it to wear off before applying aftermath again.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Aftermath

Level 1 - Can and will overwrite itself.
Level 2 - Can overwrite Level 1, but not itself.
Level 3 - Can overwrite Level 1 or Level 2, but not itself
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-03-21 15:47:12  
Interesting, thanks guys. Any windower users have a timer that keeps track of aftermath?
By fractalvoid 2013-03-21 15:48:14  
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/32-statustimer/
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-03-21 15:52:45  
thanks again
By fractalvoid 2013-03-21 15:55:03  
No problem, best of luck with your Kannagi. :3

Good to see someone asking questions and everything before they get it rather than getting it and nubbing it up cos they don't know how to use it correctly.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-03-21 16:26:48  
There are too many smart people and too much good information on these forums to try to wing it and suck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-21 16:28:58  
fractalvoid said: »
No problem, best of luck with your Kannagi. :3

Good to see someone asking questions and everything before they get it rather than getting it and nubbing it up cos they don't know how to use it correctly.

brb, changing the entirety of my "when I just got my empyrean and nubbed it up because I didn't know how to use it" story. :(
 Alexander.Meowryu
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2013-03-21 16:39:00  
fractalvoid said: »
Alexander.Meowryu said: »
Neither. If you currently have aftermath up and you weaponskill again while it's up, it won't be extended or reset.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Aftermath

Level 1 - Can and will overwrite itself.
Level 2 - Can overwrite Level 1, but not itself.
Level 3 - Can overwrite Level 1 or Level 2, but not itself

Ah, yeah, I was talking about AM3 because we were on the topic of riding AM3. I'll edit my post.