users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Suggestions » Fixing fortications
Fixing fortications
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-19 16:54:08  
Guys. Lets all send suggestion letters to SE and make them bring back the exp for fortifications. This gimping of the exp and AN for campaign has gone on for too long. There is no reason why we should go to beastmen owned regions where mobs may not show up at all, beat up fortifications and get 100 exp for it. Or even less!

Lets get back our precious fortification wall exp. Or at least have them increase how much you get. =D
[+]
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-19 16:57:30  
agreed its to the point that noone can do the campaign ops BCNMs anymore cause noone cares enough to take back areas anymore.. they gimped exp all around though even in areas controlled by bastok/sandy/windy campaign is barely even worth doin anymore with FoV out there
 Fenrir.Bleublood
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bleublood
By Fenrir.Bleublood 2009-06-19 17:04:59  
Yeah they should bring back the way it was before they gimped it.

One of my ideas to fix the afk exping off them is to have the Fortifications to despawn every once in awhile and have them reappear in other places around the buildings
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-19 17:11:09  
Bleublood said:

One of my ideas to fix the afk exping off them is to have the Fortifications to despawn every once in awhile and have them reappear in other places around the buildings

Yeah totally, if they have the points move it'll force all those AFK *** to put their weapons away and stand there like retards. Be easy to see who was actually AFK, too, so we could point and laugh at them.

But yeah, the gimping of the fort exp really slowed down campaign, even counting areas under other city control (bastok's got city battles this week on Fairy lol)
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-19 17:32:50  
SE doesnt like thinking things through "hmmm how can we make it so afkers cant get exp..."
..."MAKE IT SO NO ONE GETS EXP! :D"
"brilliant!"

and how come this is in ff14 section and it has nothing to do with 14?
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-19 17:36:02  
Ludoggy said:
and how come this is in ff14 section and it has nothing to do with 14?

Oh LOL didn't even notice just responded
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-19 17:56:47  
Oshi. Alyria! Move to this FFXI! Please. <3

Bleublood said:

And this is a really great idea right here.
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-06-22 12:08:39  
Zekky fails at placing things, but he makes a great point. ;D I miss fortifications, that was such a great way to get exp :< (Great lazy way...)

Edit: I'm so angry I didn't do the campaign BCNM when Windurst had control of all regions... right before the nerf... now Windurst owns nothing but waters, and there's battles there all the time. ._.;
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-22 12:26:47  
Another thing they could so easily do with campaign that would make it better for 90% of the people fighting is to let people pull mobs up to one or two squares away from the fort on the map, but after that distance the mobs should lose interest and return to the fort.
It's understandable to pull the mobs away from NPC's. But to pull them all the way across the map is just selfish and rude.

I <3 the idea of moving forts around so we could still get non-afk xp from beating enemy forts!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-22 12:37:33  
Yeah I suggested that a ways back, have mobs just turn around and return to the fort if they get pulled too far. Even better (for my own sick amusement) would be a ninja update where campaign mobs rage after the cross a certain line, and then "de-rage" once they go back.

Wanna pull that mob away now, a-holes? Have fun with that LOL
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-22 12:42:31  
lol #2, that would be awesome!
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-06-22 13:05:29  
Zekky said:
Oshi. Alyria! Move to this FFXI! Please. <3

Bleublood said:

And this is a really great idea right here.

I second this idea.

I can't be the only one who essentially stopped doing Campaign after the Fortification nerf. It's no longer worthwhile to even bother with offensive battles since you can never predict when enemy forces will show up and fight. The fortifications filled that down time. The quoted idea will not only solve the problem of AFK people earning exp, but it'll give the rest of us a reason to go to offensive battles again.

I don't like gearing up for Campaign only to end up waiting around in Windurst [S] for a defensive battle to start somewhere.
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-06-22 13:27:48  
They should remove fort bashing altogether and base everything around troops. Set it up so areas always have defenders. More defenders for territories on the front lines, less for territories in the rear. If the defenders can hold out for a certain amount of time they get reinforced, if they can't they lose the battle. XP/AN rewards would be greater for highly contested areas (more defenders), less for raids into enemy territory (less defenders). Would also add a strategic element to campaign.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-22 13:42:07  
I refuse to do Offensive Campaign Battles anymore because of this. The first Offensive battle I did after the nerf netted me about 75exp for 30minutes. Never looked back. This should be changed, its ridiculous.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-06-22 13:42:23  
Hey Guys all someone has to do is post this link if they even dare to to the SE site.. so that they may read this....

IDk if it is a good idea.. but i miss the idea of forts too. The mobs do it when we don't show for battles, why shud the mobs get the advantages????

hmmmm=/
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-22 13:43:51  
Well, the NPC deployment needs to be totally revamped. I can't tell you how many times I'll be in a zone with like 2 Beastmen units attacking and not an NPC to be found, or one with like 2-3 brigades of good guys for one brigade of beastmen (In E.Ron the other day there must have been 50 *** NPC's, battle lasted like 4 minutes >.<). Either situation is irritating as ***...

Every time a PC get's tags, an NPC should despawn and go home. If there's 30 peeps doing the campaign in that zone we don't need 40 NPC's to help...

And yeah, the exp nerf sucks. Nobody I know does offensive ops anymore, unless there isn't any defensive one's happening, and even then, we send out an advance person to see if there is even mobs there...waste of ANs, but better then everyone going out there just to turn around and come home.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-06-22 13:51:52  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Well, the NPC deployment needs to be totally revamped. I can't tell you how many times I'll be in a zone with like 2 Beastmen units attacking and not an NPC to be found, or one with like 2-3 brigades of good guys for one brigade of beastmen (In E.Ron the other day there must have been 50 *** NPC's, battle lasted like 4 minutes >.<). Either situation is irritating as ***...

Every time a PC get's tags, an NPC should despawn and go home. If there's 30 peeps doing the campaign in that zone we don't need 40 NPC's to help...

And yeah, the exp nerf sucks. Nobody I know does offensive ops anymore, unless there isn't any defensive one's happening, and even then, we send out an advance person to see if there is even mobs there...waste of ANs, but better then everyone going out there just to turn around and come home.

Yep.. I hear ya.. Total waste of time and lack of enginuity on Se's part..

Dumbasses lmao!!
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-22 15:39:23  
Hypnotizd said:
I refuse to do Offensive Campaign Battles anymore because of this. The first Offensive battle I did after the nerf netted me about 75exp for 30minutes. Never looked back. This should be changed, its ridiculous.

I feel you, man. As easy as it is to get exp on PLD nowadays with level sync, there are times where I don't want to use my crappy *** low lvl gear or wear synced gear in exp pts. I want to be able to go to campaign battles with my full lvl 75 gear setup, rape some mobs, have fun, go beat up some fortifications and be like "Wow. 4k exp/4k AN. That was rewarding." instead /emo'ing and seeing I got the whole 75 exp for 30 minute BS...
 Bahamut.Citag
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-06-22 15:46:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Yeah, first time I did one of the bst controlled areas, I thought I had done something wrong. So I went back to it for the next round and same thing. Ever since, I think i've maybe done just a couple only because I wasnt paying attention that it was bst owned before I tele'd. I'll admit though, I've gone afk when attacking the forts, but its not like I havnt done that in xp situations either lol. SAM=Lazy lol.
 Remora.Rhinok
サーバ: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-22 15:48:04  
Square enix hates us all & are laughing at all of us right now for being so upset with how they ruined our campaign experience.

Square enix i hate everysingle one your employee's face who took part in this desicion.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-22 15:52:05  
Zekky said:
Hypnotizd said:

I feel you, man. As easy as it is to get exp on PLD nowadays with level sync, there are times where I don't want to use my crappy *** low lvl gear or wear synced gear in exp pts. I want to be able to go to campaign battles with my full lvl 75 gear setup, rape some mobs, have fun, go beat up some fortifications and be like "Wow. 4k exp/4k AN. That was rewarding." instead /emo'ing and seeing I got the whole 75 exp for 30 minute BS...

That's about the only thing I do campaign for. Having fun with exp on the side and keeping my metals. But if I'm going to spend time doing boring stuff like attacking a wall it should be at least worth my while. I would rather be attacking mobs, but they're not always there on offensive campaigns. They are 100% there on defensive, though.
 Pandemonium.Melaise
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-06-22 15:54:07  
100% agree that they should fix it, last time I decided to beat on a fortification I got like 195 exp for 45 mins. My carby was also beating on it, too. Brutal..
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-06-22 16:53:44  
Rhinok said:
Square enix hates us all

Indeed.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-22 18:22:29  
dood I was saying this from day 1 but people were actually happy

putting it on the afk wall smacking people

but anyways, camp is essentially end game the moment they gimp fort

you cannot get exp @ all in camps prior to 60 and even then you will need food to hit the mob or essentially be hitting 0's (or get 1 shotted)

Only reason I do camp... is to cap exp any other reason ??? no

everything about camp is un balanced and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE....
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-06-22 18:31:47  
campaign is basically dead.. with FoV and SE nerfing every little thinga bout campaign its not even worth doin. i do it to keep my rank and get allied notes and recap exp but this is rediculous.. i dunno how we get back campaign areas owned by beastmen other then SE just adding loads of NPCs.. id love to do a campaign ops bcnm but the way its goin with fortifications i doubt bastok on odin will ever have some territories lol and as for them nerfing.. they ruined it for alot of people when they cut brd exp.. if your a mage its barely even worth it anymore even iwth multiple waves and no npcs =/ after all the gimping and FoV coming out campaign is almost dead to me after i get my campaign bodies i think ill be totally done with it lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-22 18:44:29  
Campaign was so much fun before the nerf, got good exp on the forts and better exp for the mobs. I don't even wanna do it to keep my rank up anymore, its not even worth it.

NOW IT SUCKS... THANKS SE YOU ANTI-SOCIAL ***!
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-22 18:49:44  
SE doesn't know how 2 compromise

its either you got or MAXIMUM GIMP!!!!!!

you dont

damn it =/
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-22 20:10:46  
Thunderz, bro. I love ya, man. But damn if it isn't hard to read what you're saying a lot of the time. <3
 Seraph.Icefoxx
サーバ: Seraph
user: Icefoxx
By Seraph.Icefoxx 2009-06-22 20:39:38  
The fortifications used to be very handy in some situations. I'll admit sometimes I'd go AFK smacking at them but it was for a good reason...like making dinner, eating, or doing a quick task for someone in the house.

I just really wish they'd go with the suggestion mentioned in this forum, that'd make me happy anyway. So what if they will be moved once in awhile? I can live with that. I mainly used them for a cool down period or between campaign battles when there was nothing else available.

Have to also mention now no one under 60 can even participate which kinda bugs me. In my opinion they have way too many "End-Game" things but never enough of Middle-levels, beginner levels... this should have never been nerfed the way they did it.