best non relic club for main hand
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-02-05 10:46:10  
Siren.Zekyr said: »
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
You don't main hand Kraken Club on WHM, lol.

Asura.Ina said: »
Siren.Zekyr said: »
If you're not that worried about feeding said mob TP - KC is by far the best "Main Hand" as the title states

Being able to WS more often will out-parse a slower TP build with higher main-hand base damage.

It is the best main hand - and cheaper than a relic by far, and Up In Arms isn't that difficult if you have spare seals to burn, there's really no other use for them.
The loss of damage one your WS and swings will not be made up for by fast swings and more frequent WS. If you are going to use KC it goes in the off hand.

You do when you don't have a D/W sub enabled. Obv.
OP said /DNC or /NIN, so DW is there w/ an oa2-4 club offhanded. Seems you missed that bit. Moepapa is probably a good AH choice, not sure if there is something better that's R/E.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-02-07 12:35:42  
Hoorraay, i love talking about melee WHM :D

OP: If you're looking for a club with good base damage for realmrazer as you mentioned, perhaps Dhyana Rod can be something you can go after from Silagilith boss in meebles
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2013-02-09 17:49:16  
Moepapa Mace or 90 Gambanteinn, as stated.

Honestly, I don't see why White Mage shouldn't be as good a DD as other DD classes if they have a 99 Mjollnir and a bunch of hard to get DD specific gear, but yes, it isn't going to be matching native DW classes let alone 2h jobs given the current state of affairs. Misery sucks which doesn't exactly help the case of White Mage having melee traits for example.

It's my understanding that the main DD trait White Mage really had was Hexa Strike, and that's gone now that SE gave everyone with a club Realmrazer, but only after nerfing it from being Resolution tier but forgetting to make it worse then Hexa Strike.

On that note, does anyone have any data on what Realmrazer was before the nerf? I feel like hopelessly dreaming.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-02-09 18:26:32  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Topic title says "main hand" KC is far from the best main hand club for whm. Other than relic mythic and empy Luckitu seems the next best option KC would be the best off hand option.

Luckitoo is a terrible option, -10 mind no thanks. Better off getting a vodun mace from the abyssea uleguerand guy with augments

Abyssea - Uleguerand

STR + 3 to 8
Trans Lightning -3 to -7
Trans Water +3 to 7
Resist Virus +3 to 6
Damage +5~10
Skullbreaker: DMG +10~20%
Brainshaker: DMG +10~40%

Its sorta free also Kc mainhand whm no
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-09 18:35:29  
That 10 mind isn't as bad as you think. It's going to be like 25 damage lost (hexa) compared to a luckitoo with 0 mnd, less most likely.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-02-09 18:39:36  
I was pretty sure sylow or you ran the numbers before and said no @@
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-09 18:48:08  
Luckitoo obviously is better during TP phase, no point in arguing that. And for WS, looking at just the mods on vodun with +10 damage and +8 STR floored after each step, can't go below 1

(8*.2)*.85 = 1
(3*.2)*.85 = 1

So you get 2 base damage on hexa from the STR and MND, +10 augment and 41 base = 53

Luckitoo is

(6*.2)*.85 = 1
(10*.2)*.85 = -1, we'll say 2 for worst case on WSC

75+1-2 = 74
 Bahamut.Camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-02-09 18:55:46  
Well op Austar has spoken 4 to 5 mil best club for you. Awesome as always thanks again Austar for clarifying.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-09 19:00:12  
Also that 20 base damage difference gets multiplied every hit of hexa, so 5-6 pending DA, and then again based on your ratio, upwards of 3 at capped attack(lol) and a crit.

Bahamut.Camaroz said: »
Well op Austar has spoken 4 to 5 mil best club for you.
I dunno if it's the best non r/m/e, but it's definitely not as bad as people think. the mnd mod on hexa is pretty low, and the 3% haste could free up something in your tp set.
[+]
 Bahamut.Camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-02-09 19:05:00  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
at capped attack(lol)

Best ever!
By DuzellLevi 2013-02-09 19:16:18  
I dont know about DDing on whm, but when things go crazy whm can certainly tank well... Take out that Genbu and look that monster in the eye curebombing yourself with solace up. I have held VW mobs for 5+ minutes on whm while everyone unweakened. (Jueno T3 and lower lowman situations without displacers using non-ideal setups)
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-02-09 19:17:16  
Best as in just how?

I assume for most WHMing the Tefnut Wand would be the best.

But if you want to be a DDing WHM it isn't. In that case the Moepapa mace would be.
 Asura.Kohanu
サーバ: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-02-09 21:48:38  
Your best non-Relic/Emp option is the Double Attack TotM club. 79 DMG and +11 DA. That's the highest DMG rating you're getting without going Relic/Emp*, and actually still beats Emp until 95+ on the DMG value. The problem here with what the OP has said is that you can not have it and the finished OA2-4 at the same time, since they're the same weapon name.

Beyond that, Emp becomes the best option (90), then Luckitoo, then Moepapa.

Nothing else is even worth looking at for main hand because the DMG values are so terrible on them. The STR club is a travesty, even with max augments a Vodun is terrible, and the options only get worse.

*No, I don't count WoE weapons, they're harder to make than the real thing.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-02-10 13:10:49  
I've been trying to incorporate Luckitoo into certain sets, but it's really hard to do. Though this discussion has made me try to put Luckitoo in an Abyssea set. My problem with Luckitoo stems from the fact that in any high end WHM DD set, the only item you can drop are the feet. I'd love to be able to drop the hands for Marduk's dastanas +1 for the extra attack. There are not any good feet replacements other than muddle pumps. Though I guess one can't complain about being able to field 5 STR 8 Acc feet over 3% haste feet.

Though now I realize, after discussion, I want a Luckitoo for a Haste set in my gear sets. Since you can combine that with a thuellaic ecu for 5% haste.

[EDIT]To expand on my first point a bit more, I can see Luckitoo being a great addition to any low end DD set as you will most likely be using Hexa Strike in Abyssea for it. However, at this time, it's got a very steep price tag for a "for fun / s--- and giggles" set, and that's why I want to shy away from it in terms of that aspect. If money is currently no object, I say go for it as a club.
By nyheen 2013-02-13 12:50:10  
hey whm/nin could be a good DD when skilled.
YouTube Video Placeholder

this dude been kicking lot of a$$ with his whm soloing
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-02-13 12:57:58  
Asura.Kohanu said: »
The STR club is a travesty

Stop talking.
 Asura.Kohanu
サーバ: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-02-13 16:58:09  
If you hate your WS damage enough to mainhand a 52 DMG weapon, go for it.