フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » best non relic club for main hand
best non relic club for main hand
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Gimp
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Gimp513
By Cerberus.Gimp 2013-02-05 06:10:36  
as the above states im not going to be building a relic so i was eyeballing the str/att wsdmg+ tp bonus or stp clubs as a main hand dosnt have to be trials only if there is any new clubs out thats better than a molva maul atm keep in mind i will be useing 2-4 offhand when /dnc or /nin any info would be greatly apreciated ^^
 Asura.Rucks
サーバ: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-05 06:21:07  
Well the name fits..
 Siren.Zekyr
サーバ: Siren
user: alekandr
By Siren.Zekyr 2013-02-05 06:44:54  
Kraken, obv.
 Bahamut.Ofdensen
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ofdensen
By Bahamut.Ofdensen 2013-02-05 07:01:19  
Siren.Zekyr said: »
Kraken, obv.

I would have to agree... Not speaking from personal experience, but if ppl will pay 90 million gil for it, then it must be benificial SOMEHOW... I would hope. I've never had 90 million gil for a Goddamned club. Actually, I think if SE made it easier to get a Kraken Club, ppl would realize that they spent their life savings on pretty much nothing at all. But either way, it has a chance to hit 8 times or anywhere in between, so Kraken club is probably your best bet, non-empy.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-05 07:08:39  
Not sure how the OP's post related to the value of KC, but 90m isn't 'life savings' for anyone who does ADL or fishbots(which together encompass a pretty large portion of the endgame community). Primarily, it's the only way to make RNG(and to a lesser extent, WHM) statistically comparable to real DD. I'm sure plenty of people have bought them for other reasons, but that alone justifies the pricetag. A RNG will do better in most events with an AH gun and a kraken than a 99 annihilator with anything else.

If you're the type of person who would just change to DRK instead of trying to improve a weaker job, then it's probably a poor purchase. Of course, if you have the gil and you think you'll enjoy playing with it, who is anyone to tell you that it's not worth the pricetag..?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-05 07:28:32  
Even though I cannot comment on which would be the best non-relic club to obtain, I think that suggesting a KC is ridiculous. It does answer the "which is the best non-relic club" question, but realistically, he is not going to obtain a KC. They are 90m for a reason, and despite what people like to say, 90m is out of reach for most players. With 90m you'd almost be done with a relic anyways, so there really isn't any point in suggesting the KC outside of a brief mention.
[+]
 Cerberus.Gimp
user: Gimp513
By Cerberus.Gimp 2013-02-05 07:31:23  
KC sadly is to far out of my range n not my ideal for a Main hand. I am more looking into something that will boost realmrazer/hexa the most wile offhanding the attacks 2-4. Currently im main handing the molva for its higher dmg untill i can figure out the best main hand for more dmg on my weapon skills.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-02-05 07:34:39  
Topic title says "main hand" KC is far from the best main hand club for whm. Other than relic mythic and empy Luckitu seems the next best option KC would be the best off hand option.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-05 07:58:01  
What about empy ^^? The level 90 has atleast 78 base dmg and i have no clue if its any good lol

The str/elemental ToM paths seems kinda weak with base dmg. moepapa mace looks good for an AH weapon and is for sure better then Molva
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-02-05 08:15:37  
I personally roll with a DA Club and it works well for the most part. It's got one of the highest damages possible outside of a Relic / Empy and the extra DA +11% helps out on the TP phase a little. If you are seriously dedicated to melee on WHM though, nothing tops Mjollnir and any melee WHM should be aspiring to get that in some capacity.

A quick AH solution is, as Minidi suggested above, a moepapa mace.
 Siren.Zekyr
By Siren.Zekyr 2013-02-05 08:19:43  
If you're not that worried about feeding said mob TP - KC is by far the best "Main Hand" as the title states

Being able to WS more often will out-parse a slower TP build with higher main-hand base damage.

It is the best main hand - and cheaper than a relic by far, and Up In Arms isn't that difficult if you have spare seals to burn, there's really no other use for them.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-02-05 08:22:18  
You don't main hand Kraken Club on WHM, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-02-05 08:22:52  
If you're not that worried about feeding said mob TP - KC is by far the best "Main Hand" as the title states

Being able to WS more often will out-parse a slower TP build with higher main-hand base damage.

It is the best main hand - and cheaper than a relic by far, and Up In Arms isn't that difficult if you have spare seals to burn, there's really no other use for them.
The loss of damage one your WS and swings will not be made up for by fast swings and more frequent WS. If you are going to use KC it goes in the off hand.
 Asura.Rucks
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-05 08:25:02  
Luckitu kills Realm and Hexa - Fairly sure that Moepapa is the best AHable Club, and other than that, I'd say not to waste the few million on a STR Club, and just use that.
 Siren.Zekyr
By Siren.Zekyr 2013-02-05 08:25:19  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

Asura.Ina said: »

The loss of damage one your WS and swings will not be made up for by fast swings and more frequent WS. If you are going to use KC it goes in the off hand.

You do when you don't have a D/W sub enabled. Obv.
 Asura.Rucks
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-05 08:26:33  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

Asura.Ina said: »

-.- Just stop talking.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-02-05 08:27:23  
I don't think you would use it at all if you don't have DW unless you were looking to spam moonlight.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-05 08:28:16  
That 11 damage mainhand, sure...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-05 08:40:02  
It's like people don't know how WHMs fight at all :(

I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU!!! Dx
[+]
 Asura.Kurriko
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-02-05 08:40:52  
Possibly if you were going fro amber kills in abyssea with Flash Nova and mab/light atmas...
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-02-05 08:43:39  
The only instances where I can think someone would main hand a KClub would be if they're doing WS Procs with a friend in Dynamis and they go WHM/THF so their partner can come a heavy DD that generates TP fast as well. And even than, you might as well go WHM + THF and destroy everything that's a JA Proc.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-05 08:46:08  
or chain weapon skills to self skillchain .-. that's always fun
 Bahamut.Ofdensen
By Bahamut.Ofdensen 2013-02-05 09:01:23  
Lol... I dunno how ppl turned WHM into a DD class anyway... Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying that we've come a LONG ways from 2005 FFXI...

I'm totally lost 0_0...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-05 09:11:42  
Bahamut.Ofdensen said: »
Lol... I dunno how ppl turned WHM into a DD class anyway...
WHM isn't a melee class? ; ;?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ofdensen
By Bahamut.Ofdensen 2013-02-05 09:16:13  
Siren.Kalilla said: »

Lol, idfk. Doesn't sound like one. But I detract from the thread's original intent.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-02-05 09:17:10  
Bahamut.Ofdensen said: »
Lol... I dunno how ppl turned WHM into a DD class anyway...

Shun the non-believers, Kali? =D

[EDIT]To be fair, WHM is never gonna be a true powerhouse DD. Can they smack things? Yeah, of course they can, and they get a decent gear selection to do so. But WHM doesn't get any serious JAs or Traits (even as a sub job) to help them out in this regard and they lose a lot of steam if they can't Dual Wield, which limits their sub job selections for DDing.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-05 09:21:16  
WHM DD is serious business don't cha know?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-02-05 09:22:15  
WHM DD is serious business don't cha know?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-05 09:27:31  
:3

but yea, if you want to kill stuff efficiently then you're not going to use WHM to do it. It takes a certain type of player to enjoy fighting with WHM and not everyone is going to understand why it's fun to do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-02-05 09:29:23  
:3

but yea, if you want to kill stuff efficiently then you're not going to use WHM to do it. It takes a certain type of player to enjoy fighting with WHM and not everyone is going to understand why it's fun to do.

^this - You need to go in with a certain mindset (or be an utter masochist) to enjoy this sort of smashing fun. FU, Cerberus >>; Wasting 80 minutes of my life. lol.
[+]
First Page 2