users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Returning
Returning
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-01-31 16:34:52  
Been away since Jul of last year. Having a hard time filtering through the threads to determine what, if any, changes have been made for whm since I left. Wondering if any can post what the gearsets are for healing/bar/enhancing/etc? Just what everyone is using is fine with me, so I know if what I have is still current. The gearsets on my profile here might not be accurate, as I am still downloading the game updates and can't get in to confirm. Thanks guys in advance.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-01-31 17:17:43  
Really only going to comment on Idle set.

Augmented Wivre Hairpin>Orison Cap
Cheviot/Umbra/Hexerei Capes/Shadow Mantle>Errant Cape
Augmented Dark Ring x2>Sirona's/Bifrost
Augmented Stearc Subligar/Nares Trews>Tatsumaki, when the refresh is needed. Not sure on Augments you have but guessing they're pdt/movement.
Slipor Sash/Carrier's Sash>Cascade Belt

I use 2x Merman's for idle earrings, just to have some more mdt around in case. That MP is gone the moment you cure so stacking so much of that in idle always seemed pointless to me.

I'm sure there's a post here somewhere to give you a better idea on more current Cure sets, though I don't imagine anything has changed besides some new Salvage pieces, since you had left at least.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-02-01 08:10:43  
Here's a good place to start looking

That links you to the last page of the optimal gear set discussion with some of the more up-to-date gearsets posted. The amount of gear sets you want is entirely dependant on just how effectively you want to play WHM.

A quick cursarary glance at your gearsets shows me there is nothing that needs dramatic improvement in your Cure potency set. For your bar-set, I imagine your AF3+2 body is upgraded since you have it in your cure set (I also imagine your AF3 feet are upgraded to +2 as well). Get those AF2 pants upgraded to +2 would be the biggest benefit to your set. This will also double as a great enhancing piece for your Boost sets as well.

In terms of your idle, Diabolique above hit it in the head. You don't really need MP in your idle set as you'll most likely lose it all as soon as you swap out to other pieces of gear. I personally use a Idle + -Damage Taken hybrid set with a seperate macro for a full Idle set. The only recommendation I can add with the above post is to use a Refresh Moondshade Earring if you haven't gotten a Moonshade earring yet and are interested in being a career mage.